So counterfeit NES Classics are out now

S

Saiyan Lusitano

They've been out for a while now. I'd just recommend an Android box over this crap.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pro: uses the original controllers

Con: No HDMI

I knew there would be copycats, just I was expecting them to be HDMI. That being said it looks nice, but no idea about the picture/sound quality.

Not even using the real NES controllers, those ports are something more like those from a Master Sytem from SEGA. And No HDMI will be present on any counterfeit console, they are supposed to be cheap as much as possible.

Pro: Lots of games built in.

Con: Some of them seem to be duplicates.

Looks pretty decent actually, since it's not HDMI I'm assuming that this is just an ordinary famiclone, not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but those are everywhere so this is not exactly something new, although they usually try to pass them off as something else entirely so the design is either original or just ripped off another console.

I would say that most are duplicates, just like with those multi-game carts from old days.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
If the emulation quality is the same as the real one we have a winner here. But no HDMI kinda ruins it.
I doubt it will. They probably grabbed some open-source emulator and slapped it there without any care.
That looks incredibly cheaply made and horrible.
It probably sucks.

Sent from my cave of despair where I don't stalk Seriel

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Original post mention classic controllers.

Actually these are the old controller ports for Atari/Coleco/Sega Master System/Genesis....

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
BE CAREFUL

There's new fake NES classics and Famicom minis being sold on aliexpress, these aren't low quality bootlegs like the ones mentioned in the thread, these are faithful replicas running the same software. All the plastic molding looks exactly the same, even the logo and information at the bottom of the consoles.

I don't know if it's ok to post links to them but you can easily find them by the names in the listings:
"New Professional System For NES Classic TV Video Game Console Mini Version Built-in 30 Games Free Gamepad Gaming Controller Gift"
"New Japanese Console For NES MINI For Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer Video Game Console Original"
"New Japanese Console For Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer Video Game Console Original"

Right now the NES classic replica is going for around $70 and the famicom mini replicas are going for around $150 (why??? you can get the original for cheaper)

Prices will probably get lower with time and I'm pretty sure people will start selling them on ebay as originals so be careful.

There's a video from the manufacturer here

EDIT: I think the famicom mini is the original being resold on aliexpress, that's why it's so expensive. In the video comments the manufacturer of the NES Classic clone says the famicom mini clone will be ready in august

Last edited by oil_,
Reactions: Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BE CAREFUL

There's new fake NES classics and Famicom minis being sold on aliexpress, these aren't low quality bootlegs like the ones mentioned in the thread, these are faithful replicas running the same software. All the plastic molding looks exactly the same, even the logo and information at the bottom of the consoles.

I don't know if it's ok to post links to them but you can easily find them by the names in the listings:
"New Professional System For NES Classic TV Video Game Console Mini Version Built-in 30 Games Free Gamepad Gaming Controller Gift"
"New Japanese Console For NES MINI For Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer Video Game Console Original"
"New Japanese Console For Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer Video Game Console Original"

Right now the NES classic replica is going for around $70 and the famicom mini replicas are going for around $150 (why??? you can get the original for cheaper)

Prices will probably get lower with time and I'm pretty sure people will start selling them on ebay as originals so be careful.

EDIT: I think the famicom mini is the original being resold on aliexpress, that's why it's so expensive. In the video comments the manufacturer of the NES Classic clone says the famicom mini clone will be ready in august

This is what I wanted. I'll look into them to see how authentic they are... and if they can run Hatchi

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
BE CAREFUL

If they are running the same software does that mean Hakchi2 will work with them?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BE CAREFUL

Doesn't look the same to me. Just looks like a faithful copy of the original's software. Some fonts are off and the original never had a splash screen.

oil_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'll find out in two months or so.

When you get it please take pics inside and out. If there's visible differences people should know so they don't get scammed.
Also tell us about the packaging, manual, poster, etc. Most of the times fakes use bad scans of the box to make the copy, sometimes they edit it for no reason with some random engrish.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't look the same to me. Just looks like a faithful copy of the original's software. Some fonts are off and the original never had a splash screen.

The splash screen may be from the tv/monitor. We can only wait and see.

The video description says "Kachi - kachi emulator" so maybe it's not the original software?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Raspberry Pi for life.
Be it the 3 B or the Zero W, you can't go wrong with it.

Sure, if you don't care about portability or mind lugging around a USB keyboard with you everywhere you take it. Virtual keyboard support in retropie has been requested a few times but never implemented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: so much lightning shit makes valley of bowser from super mario world tame in comparison