Gaming So..any plans for Kingdom Hearts : BBS undub?

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Seems possible to me...switching movies n dialogues with a japanese iso...but i am totally clueless on where to begin (what softwares to be used, etc)

anyone attempting to make an undub too? or has it been released??

thanks in advance

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
dude, pipe down. if you hate undubs, stay away from this topic, pls. or cant u read the title?

i never mentioned USA voice acting sux or anything. I just wanna enjoy the game BOTH english and Japanese Voice acting since i know i will be playing the game repeatedly to get the hidden movie.

kaizer3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
it did crossed my mind, but sadly the translated version only translates the menu's and minor parts of the storyline...it will be quite troublesome to play that version indeed.

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't it also occurred to you that if the English patch version was able to replace Japanese text with fan-translated English text, then you will be able to replace the fan-translated English text with the professionally translated English text, with the same method no less? On the other hand, you can also just replace the Japanese voice files with the English counterpart, like you said. But I wouldn't recommend it. All I need was one look at the iso and its compressed data files to know that it would be a whole lot of unnecessary problems.

But you're not just asking how to do it yourself, right? You're asking if anyone else is "planning" to do it. In which case, I think you should wait a month. If you don't see anyone putting one up, then I guess you should stop waiting and do it yourself.

Snooby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkDusk said:
Hasn't it also occurred to you that if the English patch version was able to replace Japanese text with fan-translated English text, then you will be able to replace the fan-translated English text with the professionally translated English text, with the same method no less? On the other hand, you can also just replace the Japanese voice files with the English counterpart, like you said. But I wouldn't recommend it. All I need was one look at the iso and its compressed data files to know that it would be a whole lot of unnecessary problems.

But you're not just asking how to do it yourself, right? You're asking if anyone else is "planning" to do it. In which case, I think you should wait a month. If you don't see anyone putting one up, then I guess you should stop waiting and do it yourself.

You make it sound so easy to do. Do you have experience modifying psp isos?

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not sure that would work b/c Sora, Kairi and Riku have higher poly faces in the North American version and their mouths would move to the English text. I think. Their higher poly faces may not affect the undub at all

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HokageNaruto said:
DarkDusk said:

You make it sound so easy to do. Do you have experience modifying psp isos?

Huh? But didn't I just imply that it was tough? I've only modified a few psp games before, for example, Yu-gi-oh 5D's Tag Force 4. But those were easier. All you needed was change a few lines via hex edit and replace a few files, to put it in simple terms. (Needless to say it is actually more complex than that, but the basic theory is the same.) But even with those games there were limitations. I have more confidence with pc and ps2 games. With this game, I have no idea where to start.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
salamai said:
I am not sure that would work b/c Sora, Kairi and Riku have higher poly faces in the North American version and their mouths would move to the English text. I think. Their higher poly faces may not affect the undub at all
So it would be a reverse of one of those old dubbed kung-fu movies?

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Jolan said:
We have Ventus, Aqua and Terra in BBS.

nice try...
glare.gif

Pika_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Fine, let's put it a different way.

How would I go about making an Undub of BBS? Is there a tutorial around, which explains it?

Also, would it be worth it to learn, or is someone else who already has the experience going to do it faster than I could?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol