Homebrew SNES9xGX animated channel

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just tested it and it works well
smile.gif

Launches in about 8 seconds on my Wii, which is the same as USB Loader GX.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xflak40

I can confirm the forwarder does load from my SDHC card (Sandisk 8gb) but it takes about an extra second to load vs the others but this is most likely due to USB checks as well.

Thanks again for that

EDIT: Would you be willing to upload just the forwader.dols for emulators (fceugx, snes9xgx, vbagx, genplusgx and wii64)? That would be awesome
grog.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Some Forwarder dols can be found HERE (it also has some channels available for download)

I actually don't have the forwarder dols by themselves, I use customizemii, and it creates the forwarder on the fly and injects it into a wad directly. I could extract the 00000001.app file from the wad and rename it whatever.dol and it should function that same, but I'm not sure... it would be best for you to just get customizemii, with the forwardmii plugin (devkitpro and libgc also required) and you can insert your own forwarder dol into your wads that way.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
Some Forwarder dols can be found HERE (it also has some channels available for download)

I actually don't have the forwarder dols by themselves, I use customizemii, and it creates the forwarder on the fly and injects it into a wad directly. I could extract the 00000001.app file from the wad and rename it whatever.dol and it should function that same, but I'm not sure... it would be best for you to just get customizemii, with the forwardmii plugin (devkitpro and libgc also required) and you can insert your own forwarder dol into your wads that way.

Oh wow i was unaware that customizemii made forwader.dols in the app iteself, thats great that will work just fine, no need to pull the 000001.app files out, i can do that np
smile.gif
thanks for the info
biggrin.gif

gabi0rc

Trophies
XP
Country
Can load the newest SNES9x gx and de FCE Ultra GX emulators via HBC fine and can load ROMs direct from the SD card and HD USB with no problem. The problem comes from trying to run the app via a forwarder channel - it appears to load fine but I get the error "Unable to Locate Load Device" when the emulator starts. The connection to the wiimote then dies and I have to power off the wii with the power button.

Help me!! Please ...

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this wad file needs some serious updating. It overwrote my functional version of SnesGX and replaced it with version 4.0.1 which totally sucks. This "channel" can't seem to locate my rom files and then wants to update itself... fails... then crashes my 4.2U Wii.

Im gonna do what I should have done in the 1st place... d/l and install TroyTheZombie's Snes channel.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you make the Snes9xGX forwarder have the same banner.bin as the NES one? (with the text Snes9xGX instead of FCE Ultra GX)

duboisbrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so some poeple said that the nes channel is a forwarder

what should i make the nes folder called becuase the channel is not working with my nes folder called """"fceugx""""

does anyone have a link with this animated channel that is a forwarder

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wilsoff said:
Forwarders:
Snes9xGX: http://wadder.freeforums.org/post263.html
Forwards to:
SD:/apps/Snes9xGX/boot.dol
SD:/apps_emulators/Snes9xGX/boot.dol
USB:/apps/Snes9xGX/boot.dol
USB:/apps_emulators/Snes9xGX/boot.dol
The SNES Forwarder you posted does not work for me. Instead it forwards FCE Ultra.
I know it's not a problem with my snes .dol or anything as the emulator plays fine in the homebrew channel.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HopOnRocks said:
wilsoff said:
Forwarders:
Snes9xGX: http://wadder.freeforums.org/post263.html
Forwards to:
SD:/apps/Snes9xGX/boot.dol
SD:/apps_emulators/Snes9xGX/boot.dol
USB:/apps/Snes9xGX/boot.dol
USB:/apps_emulators/Snes9xGX/boot.dol
The SNES Forwarder you posted does not work for me. Instead it forwards FCE Ultra.
I know it's not a problem with my snes .dol or anything as the emulator plays fine in the homebrew channel.
Nuts, sorry, I'll swap it out and re-post... PM in a week or so if it looks like I've forgotten.

Done... see http://wadder.freeforums.org/post263.html (it's untested because I'm not near my Wii. Please let me know if it works).

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi, i downloaded a forwarder ages ago and it worked perfectly, till i updated to 4.1.8 now and im getting dsi code dumps now... what does the snes9xgx version have to do with the forwarder... shouldnt it be irrelevant for the forwarder which version i use?

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
BTW, this is sooo cool.
I tried the Snes9xGX, running it off the app folder manually is fine, the issue I had was running this channel it cannot read the USB, which is where the roms are. Anyone else have this issue?

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
$100 bucks says your hard drive is NTFS

a betting person!
does that mean I win $100? that's great thanks...lol
It is defiantly FAT32...absolutely, fore sure, 100% FAT32, as the second partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja...