Homebrew Snes9x GX 4.3.8 Release

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This version, does it support the wii u's vwii?
Yes, all homebrew on wii supports wii u running Vwii. But the question I want to know is does it work with the wii u game pad and pro controller? :unsure:

What does MSU1 stand for? is it a game? i keep seeing it referred too but i don't know what the acronym stands for..
It just stands for a way to play audio/files while playing a game. That way you get enhanced audio during your game. Remember Sega CD? It had FMV cutscenes and "Redbook audio" which was simply pre recorded music in wav format that plays during the game. It's the same thing as playing one of those games but on a snes cart. With a rom patch, you can use custom music files to replace the music the game normally would play without it.

Watching this should be enough to see what I mean. (This is a video playing Legend of Zelda Link to the past with MSU1) :ninja:

http://helmet.kafuka.org/msu1.htm

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all homebrew on wii supports wii u running Vwii. But the question I want to know is does it work with the wii u game pad and pro controller? :unsure:

It just stands for a way to play audio/files while playing a game. That way you get enhanced audio during your game. Remember Sega CD? It had FMV cutscenes and "Redbook audio" which was simply pre recorded music in wav format that plays during the game. It's the same thing as playing one of those games but on a snes cart. With a rom patch, you can use custom music files to replace the music the game normally would play without it.

Watching this should be enough to see what I mean. (This is a video playing Legend of Zelda Link to the past with MSU1) :ninja:

http://helmet.kafuka.org/msu1.htm

Thank you for clarifying... I use a wii classic controller, haven't tried my pro controller and i'm pretty sure my wii u gamepad doesn't work with a snes emu running via my vwii on my wii u. ^_^

This MSU1 feature, how many games are supported?

I'd like to try it out, could you point me to a full detailed write up?

I read up on it in the helmet link and find it interesting. ;)

You didn't answer my other questions, was this because you didn't know the answers to them?

Last edited by morpheous,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't answer my other questions, was this because you didn't know the answers to them?
Probably. :ninja:

Sure there is plenty of other people more suited to answer the questions. I answered the ones that wasn't really of help to fixing your problem so you least have knowledge for the sake of learning. Then someone else can focus on assisting your problem. :ph34r:

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably. :ninja:

Sure there is plenty of other people more suited to answer the questions. I answered the ones that wasn't really of help to fixing your problem so you least have knowledge for the sake of learning. Then someone else can focus on assisting your problem. :ph34r:

Fair enough...

I read up on it in the helmet link and find it interesting...:D

D

Deleted User

Fair enough...

I read up on it in the helmet link and find it interesting...:D
Google epforums MSU-1-Patched-Games-for-SD2SNES and you will get your list.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hac...&perpage=20&title=msu-1&author=&hacksearch=Go
Assuming you know how to IPS patch a SNES rom, you simply follow the instructions in the included readme.txt file and you use the proper emulator and flash cart that supports MSU1.

Making the rom MSU1 is the easy part, the hard part is using custom music. Of course there most likely someone who supplies you with a sample archive if you find the link in the readme.txt I suggest you try Super mario world first as a example using the latest SNES9X 1.56.2 emulator which is on github.

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google epforums MSU-1-Patched-Games-for-SD2SNES and you will get your list.

There isn't a SD2SNES emulator for the vwii/wii platform, right? I'm using a vwii on my wii u for SNES emulation. or can i still uses the files from it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hac...&perpage=20&title=msu-1&author=&hacksearch=Go
Assuming you know how to IPS patch a SNES rom, you simply follow the instructions in the included readme.txt file and you use the proper emulator and flash cart that supports MSU1.

Making the rom MSU1 is the easy part, the hard part is using custom music. Of course there most likely someone who supplies you with a sample archive if you find the link in the readme.txt I suggest you try Super mario world first as a example using the latest SNES9X 1.56.2 emulator which is on github.

Yes, i use the IPS patching program from time to time.

The version of snes9xgx posted by Tantric, supports this MSU1 feature, right?

D

Deleted User

I never played MSU1 enhanced games before. I see no reason why they shouldn´t work though.

Edit: Tantric confirmed MSU1 games support for the latest release of Snes9x GX Wii a few posts above.

Last edited by ,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version of snes9xgx posted by Tantric, supports this MSU1 feature, right?
you should least make sure they work on your pc first. It's faster if you make sure it's setup properly before you try the wii. So you don't have to constantly use your SD card, ejecting and inserting it between systems and constantly writing large data files.

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played MSU1 enhanced games before. I see no reason why they shouldn´t work though.

Edit: Tantric confirmed MSU1 games support for the latest release of Snes9x GX Wii a few posts above.

"Sounds" good....pun intended. ;)

you should least make sure they work on your pc first. It's faster if you make sure it's setup properly before you try the wii. So you don't have to constantly use your SD card, ejecting and inserting it between systems and constantly writing large data files.

I don't mind swapping my SD card many times, i'm used to it. lol :D

But i still need a tutorial to setup a game that supports MSU1 from scratch. Do you guys have a link to a tutorial?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Sounds" good....pun intended. ;)

I don't mind swapping my SD card many times, i'm used to it. lol :D

But i still need a tutorial to setup a game that supports MSU1 from scratch. Do you guys have a link to a tutorial?
The read me file that comes with the patch have the instructions for using MSU1

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered that none of the emulators below, detect my USB powered HDD, Formatted to FAT32, when i set the hdd to, "hidden" so the wii u doesn't nag me to format it. I run all 3 emulators among others, via my vwill menu.

When i unhide the hdd, the emulators see the hdd and they work as normal. is there a work around for this or are there versions of these emulators that support hidden hdd drives?

vbagx
snes9xgx
fceugx

Tantric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello fellas...

Running vwii via wii u here....

Anyone have a version of Snes9x GX that doesn't freeze, when browsing the game list's cover box art?

Snes9x GX 4.3.1 was the last version that was giving me trouble....

I looked at the credits says cios 58, so i downloaded the 202 version, wiipathy linked in page 16 or 17, then i opened up the rar, dragged and dropped only the .dol and other files from the rar in my Snes9x GX 4.3.1 directory to copy over the existing install.

Then when i boot up my wii u, go into vwii mode, launch Snes9x GX 4.3.1 and look at the credits. It still says 58....why didn't it reflect 202 after i copied over the Snes9x GX 4.3.1 58 dol file? Am i missing something?

Do i need to delete the files in the Snes9x GX folder on the root of my USB drive with the info.xml & settings.xml files in order for the 202 version to kick in?

Then wiimpathy responded by saying, "That's already been discussed in the neogeo cd thread. Cios 202 doesn't work on Wii-U.

You may have less random freeze with the latest Tantric's releases (no cover wall but 1 cover next to the filebrowser)."

So this led me here...

This version, does it support the wii u's vwii?

Does it have a cover art mod, where it shows various cover art versions, depending on which covers folder you point/set it too?

What does MSU1 stand for? is it a game? i keep seeing it referred too but i don't know what the acronym stands for.. ^_^

The emulator purposefully will switch to IOS58. That's because that's a known stable IOS.
I've used this version on vWii, with cover art, and it doesn't crash for me. Some suggestions:
- use an SD card
- make sure the files are all under 0.5 MB and sized to about 316 x 224. If the file size or dimensions are too large it may crash.

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulator purposefully will switch to IOS58. That's because that's a known stable IOS.
I've used this version on vWii, with cover art, and it doesn't crash for me. Some suggestions:
- use an SD card
- make sure the files are all under 0.5 MB and sized to about 316 x 224. If the file size or dimensions are too large it may crash.

Thank you for replying, friend. ^_^ what's your latest releases? you create all 3 emulators for SNES/NES and Gameboy,Gameboy Color and gameboy Advance, right?

Also, about your emulators, not being able to see the hdd, while its hidden. Ever thought about adding support for hidden drives?

Last edited by morpheous,

ultramodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something I noticed not a big deal but it's their non the less. The channel installer for snes9xgx goes smoothy to the game select however the other two fceugx and vbgx have a small green dot with a black background after the loading screen goes away. It last very briefly but just like to point it out since snes9xgx doesn't have the green dot. This doesn't happen when loading the emulators from homebrew only with the channel in the main menu so it's channel related. I'm using a fast card so maybe someone using a slower card won't notice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxvzFnWCu0