SNES super UFO pro 8 worth it?

Clairjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody have this device? i was thinking of buying one since it seems to be the most affordable of the SNES flash carts, its around $50 instead of $200+, i am aware that in order to play games with certain chipsets you need to have another game with the same chipset attatched to the super UFO pro 8, but are there any other problems/complaints about this flashcart?

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually waiting for one to arrive in the mail, any day now. I used to use a Super Wildcard DX 2, but got really tired of using floppy diskettes, so I figured this was a good alternative. I'll let you know what I think as soon as I get some time with it!

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks really cool based on the youtube video's I have seen of it. Not nearly as slick as the everdrive but at less than half the cost it doesn't have to be.

Might pick one of these up and another SNES for myself, would beat digging out my collection... lol

dvd2vcd

Trophies
XP
Country
i had one, updated the FW...it bricked, had to buy another one to clone the bricked one, anyway after all that messing about i was able to use it, flashing times are sluggy and its based on old tech (super wild card etc) the only special chip games that will run are dsp1 games with mario kart ontop no other special chip games will work, so..i ended up with 2 of these super ufo pro 8 carts but soon got rid, real time saves (save states) are buggy and hardly work, the pcb had like a burnt smell to it, strange, i would deffo avoid this flash cart believe me, you have been warned..

gusmento01

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i had one, updated the FW...it bricked, had to buy another one to clone the bricked one, anyway after all that messing about i was able to use it, flashing times are sluggy and its based on old tech (super wild card etc) the only special chip games that will run are dsp1 games with mario kart ontop no other special chip games will work, so..i ended up with 2 of these super ufo pro 8 carts but soon got rid, real time saves (save states) are buggy and hardly work, the pcb had like a burnt smell to it, strange, i would deffo avoid this flash cart believe me, you have been warned..
Same thing happened to a friend of mine, he updated and then the cart stopped working, I am going to see if I can save his cart by flashing with my super ufo pro since my cart still have the 9.0. The sad part is that I doubt Super UFO will ever have another update. Still I don't regret buying it, all the FIFA games that I tried ran 100%.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cheap for backing up but terrible for flash cart use. from what I recall it does not do anything to circumvent software based piracy measures which can seriously harm your snes.

the only cart i'm aware that protects against this is the super everdrive as krikzz confirmed it himself. That being said the other two contending carts (powerpak or sd2snes) might also do it too

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you know which roms are "dangerous," you can easily find cracks for them and play safely. For a device that plays 95% of the SNES library, allows cheats and savestates, and costs under $50 on some websites, I consider it a steal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work