Homebrew SNES Emulation on AK2i

TwilightKami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using AKAIO 1.4.1 and am currently running SNEmulDS.

Anyway, are there any other emulators you guys use/prefer? I couldn't find a download for SnesDS.

But anyway, I've been looking for another emulator for a couple reasons. For some reason, SNEmulDS won't run Mega Man X correctly. It layers dialogue below the rest of the layers, but the real problem is that, for some reason, it doesn't recognize L, R, and 2 of the face buttons outside of the option menu.

Also, it can't run games with special chips like Super Mario RPG, and X2 and 3.

Are there any emulators that could possibly fix this issue?

TwilightKami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did already know about the compatibility issues. I guess I was more actually asking about people's preferences in emulation.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I wanted to also ask about Snemulds...

Is it dead? Since I only want to play Megaman, Super Metroid and some other games. And those are the games that doesn't run correctly...damn my luck

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNEmulDS is pretty much the main one to use. You can try SnezziDS if you have a slot-2 device (keeping in mind that the L+R+Select+Up button combo cycles through some known "good" background settings combinations), but for the most part you want to stay away from SNES DS. If you really want to give it a shot, I've put together a folder that should work - http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/nesDS_s...slot1_usage.zip

Of course, if graphics screw up you can go and attempt to change them manually. Unfortunately this is rather buggy on v0.6a, so I usually use v0.5 Beta if I know I'm going to have to fiddle with the graphics settings.

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you running this whole shabang on a DSi or just on a DS ??? cuz I don't know if I need a gba expansion card (which I can't put on my DSi) to use SnesDS or SNEmulDS !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, i recall watching it on fox