Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The r2 version is buggy and for now we can't find out which part of the gui fail.

I asked archeide some help now to unlock the situation. Hope he will accept to help ...

archeide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

That's great news you succeeded to make it works somewhat after all the changes in the devkit...
I'm very sorry to all people waiting for the emulator 3 years ago,.I changed work and found my wife, so I didn't had the time or the motivation to continue as i hoped. But on the other hand, It was difficult to me also to say that I stopped completely the project.

I will take a look on your bugs to see if I can help.

For the moment, I cannot take the time to chat with you but if you have questions maybe you can ask here so when i have some time i can answer you.

Thanks

Reactions: 3 people

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a suggestion, remember back in the GBA era . If you wanted to play NES games on your flash cart, you had to convert them from .NES to a .GBA format. Do you think that method would work better, because then it would be easier for the system to run the file? :unsure:

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a suggestion, remember back in the GBA era . If you wanted to play NES games on your flash cart, you had to convert them from .NES to a .GBA format. Do you think that method would work better, because then it would be easier for the system to run the file? :unsure:

PocketNES was still an Emulator... just read differently. I think actually porting games into a .nds format would be a nightmare.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was absolutely no "converting" of any kind going on. The emulator core was the PocketNES.gba file. The "converter" essentially just did a binary copy of the emulator core + rom1 + rom2 + rom3, etc. This is because the GBA flash carts of the time had no real filesystems or external memory cards, so all the game assets had to fit inside a single *.gba file [*]. In fact, early versions of NES DS and SNES DS did the same thing, combining all your games plus the emulator core into a *.nds file that had to be under 4 MB in size so it would fit in the DS's RAM (or be run from a slot-2 device in which case your limit was 32 MB). SnezziDS worked the same way, although that one only worked from slot-2 devices no matter what size the resulting *.nds file was.

[*] Things like the Supercard, M3, and EZ-IV didn't appear until very late in the GBA's life, and even then nobody knew how to access the CF/SD cards' filesystems until well into the DS era. There is exactly one version of PocketNES that is DLDI-capable, so you could launch it and then browse your card's filesystem for a *.nes file to run. It was more of a proof of concept than anything else. Then of course there was Pogoshell and its PocketNES plugin that functioned similarly, but that's going way too far off-topic so I'll stop talking now.

Reactions: 1 person

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, DanTheManMS for clearing that up. I still use my X-Rom 512 on my GBA SP. I still use Pocket NES and Goomba too and just thought maybe this technique was forgotten and it might have been a better route.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries, it's a common misconception. The emulator itself is doing more converting than the rom-builder, but it's doing it in real-time.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Dang, I still want to be able to play Super Metroid finally.

I finished Super Metroid with the current version. The only issues I had were that the game froze a couple ff times (bypassed easily with saving states regularly) and that some sprites didn't show up, like Kraid's, and that wasn't a big deal either, 'cause you could tweak the graphics for the fight :)

Really want to see the new version of this. Good luck to developers!

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dang, I still want to be able to play Super Metroid finally.

I finished Super Metroid with the current version. The only issues I had were that the game froze a couple ff times (bypassed easily with saving states regularly) and that some sprites didn't show up, like Kraid's, and that wasn't a big deal either, 'cause you could tweak the graphics for the fight :)

Really want to see the new version of this. Good luck to developers!
ow weird i never had any freezes
but the grapichs are a big problem

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PHWiki has a suggested setting for the graphics for some bosses in Super Metroid, in this case you'd want graphics settings of "2031" even though that makes the HUD invisible for the duration of the fight.

Gintoki Sakata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any updates on this? I mean seriously, who is actually working on this? What's the point in having this thread and an svn repo if nobody is interested and/or doesn't have time for this? As far as I'm concerned this is still better than the DStwos SNES emulator because of the known input-output delay, that made me crazy. Some games like F-Zero are even more playable on snemulds than on CATSFC. Now come on, where are the interested developers?

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there... i've just subscribed to second Gintoki... Are you guys willing to work on this rebirth yet?

I wish you guys luck and please don't give it up...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Anymore males there? :blush: