Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the new hard drive works pretty well, sneek/uneek/sneek-di boot and work fine, uneek-di freezes when i try to bring up the di menu. I'm starting to suspect sneek doesn't like certain IOS's in the 50s. LEGO harry potter used IOS 56 I think and would either freeze the system menu while trying to load it, or if i start the wii with it selected, black screen with no blinks after selecting it. Dead Space Extraction I'm trying right now uses IOS 53 and is demonstrating the same behavior. That seems to be the common thread between them.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow good to know right now i'm trying the sd card reset method just finished reformatting just copying brawl to it again.
so just to be sure, uneek+di doesnt work at all, and sneek+di has some problems but works sometimes?
edit: newly formatted drive using the program and instructions in the first post it still wont work what i find really weird is it's actually not working at all now before it atleast used to try and load the game.
will try to compile with the fix fogbank suggested if i can figure that out.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sneek-di always works but acts up on a couple of games, uneek-di starts ok but freezes when i try to open the di menu. uneek works fine by itself as does sneek by itself. I'm gonna try ripping my own copy of brawl tomorrow to see if I can replicate your issue

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i have officially giving up on di thanks for the help everyone seems my harddrive just isn't compatible.
i would however like to still use uneek so i can store my virtual console games on my harddrive.

nvm got it

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question/problem:

Alright, I have a 32gb sdhc card that I'm not using for anything. While my 500gb hdd usb drive is 2 partitions, the primary being wbfs and the secondary being fat32. It is my understanding that the usb must be set for fat32 as the primary in order for games to be loaded off of it via SNEEK or UNEEK. And I don't believe I can change the primary drive without wiping one or both of the partitions and they both have far too much data for me to risk something like that.

So short of me going out to buy a new external drive, I was hoping I could use my sdhc card to load a game, specifically Rock Band 2 as I want to be able to play all DLC via my sdhc card. But is this possible? All guides I've come across make it seem pretty clear that the game must be loaded through the USB drive regardless of it it is sneek or uneek or with DI.

If that is the case that I can't load through the sdhc, can I at least put all the DLC on my sdhc card? (This would save me from having to get a larger USB drive, if I have to get another one at all.)

Thanks for any and all help.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same problem with a few games doing the same thing or just resetting me back to the system menu.

I installed some older versions of the IOS's(not 4.3 versions) that the games needed to run and the worked

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
I had the same problem with a few games doing the same thing or just resetting me back to the system menu.

I installed some older versions of the IOS's(not 4.3 versions) that the games needed to run and the worked
Some of these IOS's are ancient and having been updated in ages. I don't think I've EVER updated IOS 36, and Wii Sports which won't work wants IOS 9 (which I realize means 35 for sneek). Wii Play and Mario Party work fine also "using" IOS 9. Do you think it could be how I'm ripping the games? I'm using cfg-loader with cios 20 base 57 to rip the game to wbfs then converting that to iso using wbfs_file and then throwing that in discex. I'm going to try rolling back to 4.2u or 4.1u and see if that makes different, or even a 4.2e setup since that's what crediar uses I believe

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
May anyone try to help me out with my problem? I just buyed a new external hard-drive and created a primary FAT32-partition with 32kb cluster-size and set it 'Active' afterwars, just as usual. Then i copied over my stuff with FastCopy (Has a 'Validate'-option) and first tried CFGLoader, worked.

Then i tried Triiforce MRC, "ERROR - Can't get title list". Wut? But it worked before on the other HDD?
Rename bootmii-folder from ~bootmii to bootmii and tried to start UNEEK. Isn't working too
ohmy.gif
, what just happened?
Copied over my stuff without FastCopy, the usual way => still no success.

Plugged in my old HDD, just to check if my NAND is damaged => nope, still working.

Anyone knows what may be wrong here?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duffmmann said:
I have a question/problem:

Alright, I have a 32gb sdhc card that I'm not using for anything. While my 500gb hdd usb drive is 2 partitions, the primary being wbfs and the secondary being fat32. It is my understanding that the usb must be set for fat32 as the primary in order for games to be loaded off of it via SNEEK or UNEEK. And I don't believe I can change the primary drive without wiping one or both of the partitions and they both have far too much data for me to risk something like that.

So short of me going out to buy a new external drive, I was hoping I could use my sdhc card to load a game, specifically Rock Band 2 as I want to be able to play all DLC via my sdhc card. But is this possible? All guides I've come across make it seem pretty clear that the game must be loaded through the USB drive regardless of it it is sneek or uneek or with DI.

If that is the case that I can't load through the sdhc, can I at least put all the DLC on my sdhc card? (This would save me from having to get a larger USB drive, if I have to get another one at all.)

Thanks for any and all help.
i thought someone else would be better suited to answer your problem but it looks like you were overlooked so i will try my best.

DI is not compatible will not run games from sd card it's for usb loading. that said your huge sd cards wont really help.

i also don't have rockband but are you sure none of the usb loaders are capable of playing DLC i thought that was a big thing that was taken care of by now.

as far as your harddrive goes the sneek partition definitely does not need to be active it might have to be first though it really couldnt hurt to put what like 120MB worth of files on it to try out uneek though could it? worst that happens is it didnt work you delete those files.

with all that said this seems like a lot of work for something that might not even let you play your content.
if it's really worth it to you is there any way you can back up your hard drive and maybe move the whole thing to fat32 with wbfs having no advantages anymore.

also all of what i said seems like a lot to do you should try to ask this in a more rockband specific area this looks like a great thread for you http://gbatemp.net/t244647-rawksd-customs-...ckband&st=0

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've found a solution to my games black screening on start, and it was to roll all the way back to r102 of SNEEK-DI, so if you're having compatibility problems that might help! I'm gonna file an issue on googlecode and see if crediar can identify or fix whatever went wrong since then to make games so temperamental

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got hbc finally installed on sneek it took a long while had to uninstall ios58 reinstall hbc dump my nand use showmiiwads to make a wad and install it on the sneek nand and i did remember to move the tik file but it's still stuck on the scam page indefinitely does anyone have a workaround.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
i got hbc finally installed on sneek it took a long while had to uninstall ios58 reinstall hbc dump my nand use showmiiwads to make a wad and install it on the sneek nand and i did remember to move the tik file but it's still stuck on the scam page indefinitely does anyone have a workaround.
1.0.8 will not install at all. If you want hbc on sneek you have to install 1.0.7 or older using the guide.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go to the following page...

http://www.bootmii.org/download/

Now, click on "HackMii Installer v0.8," and either open it in a new tab, or open it in a new window. You will see a URL with the following in it...

hackmii_installer_v0.8.zip

Change it to look like this...

hackmii_installer_v0.7.zip (notice that I changed the eight to a seven)

I can't link to it directly, because the site generates a key that expires after a certain period of time. I'm assuming that Team Twiizers did that to prevent those scammers from linking directly to their download.

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can apparently run hbc v8 as long as it isn't set to run on IOS58.
To further complicate things for you guys, you can successfully reload 58 using SNEEK (no DI or UNEEK)

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk0ld said:
You can apparently run hbc v8 as long as it isn't set to run on IOS58.
To further complicate things for you guys, you can successfully reload 58 using SNEEK (no DI or UNEEK)
Really, you can run hbc 1.0.8 on UNEEK+DI ??? hmmm, how did you do that or can you point me to directions on how to accomplish that because I've tried with v8 loaded in 34 on UNEEK and it didn't work for me with several different scenarios.

Where are you getting any of this info from ?? did you test this yourself ??

I would really like to know.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought...

For anyone that knows more about the inner-working of SNEEK+DI/UNEEK:
Since at the moment IOS58 does not work with SNEEK+DI or uNEEK, is there a way to put in current SNEEK+DI/UNEEK code to block when IOS58 being called or loaded and substitute it with another comparable IOS (let's say 55)? This way all real NAND that has HBC 1.0.8 with IOS58 can still be dumped and used as the base for SNEEK+DI/UNEEK.

A better way of course is to make SNEEK+DI/UNEEK to be able to deal with IOS58, since we also see more and more wiibrew apps try to use this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag