Smash Direct Live Update: DEC 15th 2PM PST

Super_Smash_Bros_4_merged_logo,_no_subtitle.png

The final Smash Bros update is upon us, and I'll be giving you all the latest updates if you can't be bothered to watch the stream itself.

If you would like to watch the stream, here are some links where you can see it live.

:arrow: NINTENDO'S SITE
:arrow: NINTENDO TWITCH

LIVE UPDATES BELOW:
  • Fire emblem reveals right out of the gate! HERE COMES CORRIN FROM FIRE EMBLEM FATES!
  • Looks like we are now at 6 FE characters for Smash! Also with a female alternative, ala Robin.
  • Corrin's primary method of fighting is allowing him to transform from multiple dragon forms. Tip strength much like Marth's sword.
  • Stun strikes, long reach, quick movement, Corrin is looking pretty broken so far...
  • Wide angled counters and up-b's for range coverage.
  • New music from Fire Emblem Fates!
  • New Fates Trophies
  • February 2016 release for Corrin
  • Cloud information now!
  • Cloud will be available soon...
  • Cloud has a 3hit chain attack
  • Cloud has costumes from advent children, 2 different ones.
  • Limit Gauge will constantly fill, ala Little Mac's KO gauge. You can fill this gague with down B.
  • Each B move will be a different limit break attack once the gague is filled, one time use.
  • Finishing touch is a down special that allows for enormous launch.
  • Midgar Stage!
  • Summon Materia constantly appears, available for all players. You can summon monsters with it that act a bit like assist trophies.
  • At least 8 different summons, all with unique abilities that can change the fate of the game dramatically.
  • The 3DS version will also have summons!
  • Cloud will be available today!!!! 5.99!
  • Chocobo hats for mii fighters!
  • GENO COSTUME FOR MII'S
  • The final Mii fighter costumes revealed!
  • Geno, Chocobo hats, Bionic Armor, Takamaru, Ashley from wario ware, Gil from tower of dragul, Tails from sonic, Knuckles from sonic
  • THE FINAL FIGHTER IS...
  • BAYONETTA JOINS THE FIGHT!!!
  • Bullet artes, hair attacks, witch time, Bayonetta 1 costumes, a new Bayonetta stage, a final smash of enormous demons!
  • Bayonetta won the smash ballot
  • When Witch time fails, you'll turn into a bat to reduce damage.
  • Multiple costumes
  • Bullet Climax is her standard special.
  • Side special heel slide on the ground, afterburner kick in the air. Allows for two strikes in the air at a diagonal angle.
  • Witch Twist Up special, short recovery but allows for bullet damage. Can also be used twice.
  • The final smash has to be filled to summon the infernal demon while in witch time.
  • Umbra Clock tower stage with original music. From Bayonetta 1
  • Targeting February 2016 release.
  • Amiibo of Roy and Ryu cming March 18th
  • Amiibo will also be coming for all new fighters of course!
  • 58 fighters and 84 stages! ENORMOUS!
  • 743 trophies and 704 trophies for wii u and 3ds respectively.
  • THANK YOU SAKURAI!

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Believe me, I'm no fan of Corrin, Cloud, or Bayonetta (and also never touched their games); but I wouldn't complain about anything of this game for the world.
Sakurai managed to create one of the biggest games ever with heaps of content that some never knew was possible. I really don't care much about if a character is ranked high in the tier lists or is a fan favorite, I really am glad to be able to play such a game that allows me to have those moments where I'll laugh or celebrate with my friends or with competition. I seriously am grateful to be a fan and owner of the games in the series.
Thanks a lot, Sakurai, you've made a lot of people happy in this wild ride. And, boy, you deserve one heck of a vacation.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Man, I was just saying yesterday that I thought Smash needed more obscure Fire Emblem characters. /s

Honestly, it seems that at this point Smash is more about marketing new games than it is about being its own fun game. What used to be full of wacky zany characters is now full of realistic(ish) looking humanoids. It's not my cup of tea, but I can see why people enjoy it.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Bayonetta
MUH.
DICK.
Thank you Samurai. Maybe being in Smash will get more people into her series - like what happened with Earthbound. The Bayo series could really use some extra love.

Yeah, I haven't played either of the games in months, they're bastards to do when you don't play regularly. My last time playing, I tried doing Pure Platinums in Normal or hard mode on the first game.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, I was just saying yesterday that I thought Smash needed more obscure Fire Emblem characters. /s

Honestly, it seems that at this point Smash is more about marketing new games than it is about being its own fun game.

This is what I said before. Totally agree

Reactions: Ericzander

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really happy about the Geno costumes. I mean, Bayonetta is nice and all, and I'm sure lots of people wanted her, but Geno is the OG cult favorite. It's so cool that the community put so much effort toward Geno in smash for a whole decade now, and finally Nintendo works out a deal with Square Enix to get our beloved doll a swan song.

D

Deleted User

God forbid the most voted character wasn't from a wii-u exclusive modern game. Why not a more obscure character?

Also. Fire. Fucking. Emblem. Jesus Christ might as well call it fire emblem duels

It's all just for advertising sake for "fates" BTW that corrin reach is OP as a motherfuck
It's Smash Brothers jesus christ, why do you have to be so hipster over a such a mainstream game? Bayonetta is a great addition I couldn't have asked for more, she is a great character and she looks really fun to play as.

And again its Smash Brothers its going to have a lot of Nintendo characters so why wouldn't they want to advertise the main character of their upcoming game? It's not a fan project is a Video Game made by a business.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Clouds plays pretty cool. Love it.

And I did not even pirate. I just updated and he was there, along with his awesome stage.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Clouds plays pretty cool. Love it.

And I did not even pirate. I just updated and he was there, along with his awesome stage.
Slightly off topic. But, how does one with a CIA version update? Do you know? I mean, I'll buy the dlc, but, I can't update

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slightly off topic. But, how does one with a CIA version update? Do you know? I mean, I'll buy the dlc, but, I can't update
Hi Ruby,

for that I need to know your possibilities. What are you using? CFW? Gateway? Sky? Can you access the eshop?

In general I would say get the update as a .cia and install it.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finding the updates can be a little tricky.

Search simply for "smash". It should be on the third site. Ignore the videos and scroll until you find it. Don't give up. ;-)

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No luck. Perhaps my region alters search results? I just moved here and I don't know what I'm doing in regards to the websites being in a whole new language

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Finding the updates can be a little tricky.

Search simply for "smash". It should be on the third site. Ignore the videos and scroll until you find it. Don't give up. ;-)

third...?....I've been looking for about 3 hours and....maybe a better hint? .-.

I'm on N3DS so I can't update to the official eshop version...
EDIT: found it: D

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

There's so much wonderful DLC content and yet you know what's the problem? It's all split up! Would it have been too much to ask for Nintendo to sell the DLC as a "Season Pass" content? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0