Smash Direct Live Update: DEC 15th 2PM PST

Super_Smash_Bros_4_merged_logo,_no_subtitle.png

The final Smash Bros update is upon us, and I'll be giving you all the latest updates if you can't be bothered to watch the stream itself.

If you would like to watch the stream, here are some links where you can see it live.

:arrow: NINTENDO'S SITE
:arrow: NINTENDO TWITCH

LIVE UPDATES BELOW:
  • Fire emblem reveals right out of the gate! HERE COMES CORRIN FROM FIRE EMBLEM FATES!
  • Looks like we are now at 6 FE characters for Smash! Also with a female alternative, ala Robin.
  • Corrin's primary method of fighting is allowing him to transform from multiple dragon forms. Tip strength much like Marth's sword.
  • Stun strikes, long reach, quick movement, Corrin is looking pretty broken so far...
  • Wide angled counters and up-b's for range coverage.
  • New music from Fire Emblem Fates!
  • New Fates Trophies
  • February 2016 release for Corrin
  • Cloud information now!
  • Cloud will be available soon...
  • Cloud has a 3hit chain attack
  • Cloud has costumes from advent children, 2 different ones.
  • Limit Gauge will constantly fill, ala Little Mac's KO gauge. You can fill this gague with down B.
  • Each B move will be a different limit break attack once the gague is filled, one time use.
  • Finishing touch is a down special that allows for enormous launch.
  • Midgar Stage!
  • Summon Materia constantly appears, available for all players. You can summon monsters with it that act a bit like assist trophies.
  • At least 8 different summons, all with unique abilities that can change the fate of the game dramatically.
  • The 3DS version will also have summons!
  • Cloud will be available today!!!! 5.99!
  • Chocobo hats for mii fighters!
  • GENO COSTUME FOR MII'S
  • The final Mii fighter costumes revealed!
  • Geno, Chocobo hats, Bionic Armor, Takamaru, Ashley from wario ware, Gil from tower of dragul, Tails from sonic, Knuckles from sonic
  • THE FINAL FIGHTER IS...
  • BAYONETTA JOINS THE FIGHT!!!
  • Bullet artes, hair attacks, witch time, Bayonetta 1 costumes, a new Bayonetta stage, a final smash of enormous demons!
  • Bayonetta won the smash ballot
  • When Witch time fails, you'll turn into a bat to reduce damage.
  • Multiple costumes
  • Bullet Climax is her standard special.
  • Side special heel slide on the ground, afterburner kick in the air. Allows for two strikes in the air at a diagonal angle.
  • Witch Twist Up special, short recovery but allows for bullet damage. Can also be used twice.
  • The final smash has to be filled to summon the infernal demon while in witch time.
  • Umbra Clock tower stage with original music. From Bayonetta 1
  • Targeting February 2016 release.
  • Amiibo of Roy and Ryu cming March 18th
  • Amiibo will also be coming for all new fighters of course!
  • 58 fighters and 84 stages! ENORMOUS!
  • 743 trophies and 704 trophies for wii u and 3ds respectively.
  • THANK YOU SAKURAI!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Probably didn't do a "season pass" (I guess like Mario Kart), because they didn't know how much dlc was going to be made. I'm sure they will do an overall Bundle when all the DLC is out.

Also, Corrin in the House is the next new Meme.
Sure hope so! :)

Reactions: SomeGamer

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
that's cause you're looking at individual release threads....its in a sticked one....you gotta use search. can't say anymore.
Ended up having a friend dump it for me. I searched all relating stickies and not one thing to be found. Still, thanks again for actually attempting to help me. You're awesome.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Cloud and all, but this is SSB from nintendo. Why would a character like him, which has never appeared before on a nintendo console (I guess he has appeared on the advent child hack or whatever it is for the NES), suddenly be a playable character on a nintendo exclusive title?

Why not bring someone from the fkng FFIV that has like a 20 (exaggeration) different ports for nintendo. Paladin Cecil, Dark Knight Cecil, Cain, heck even Edge for the lolz, would make great additions to the SSB roster. Or better yet, bring chars from the better game, FFVI, Terra, Ceres, or the bros.

And I would even appreciate that they actually used characters from their exclusive series, Golden Sun, but that is just asking for the impossible i guess.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem is a T(actical)RPG, Bayonetta isn't even an RPG, sooo.... like what JRPG characters do we have, Shulk, Cloud and who else?
Excuse me, rpg characters in general, and i said nothing about bayonetta since i knew she is not an rpg character..

Last edited by cvskid,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Would have liked to have had Goku as a playable character and even though it never happened legally, modders can make it happen plus there's always Battle Stadium D.O.N though not much replay value. :(

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)