• Views 210,156
  • Replies 1,584
  • Likes 7

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't work for Sonic unfortunately.

Over the past week, I've come up with a theory as to what's going on. Hypothetically, you should be able to export a model from the game and reimport it perfectly since you're not changing anything. So then, why do we have missing meshes, misappropriated textures, and characters that don't load? I'm guessing that there's something fucky going on with Ohana's MBN export. When reimported, Mario's textures are offset, Toon Link's rigging is "close" but not perfect, and I'm guessing errors in exported rigs causes characters like Sonic and Wii Fit Trainer to not load by default.

Smash Forge has some WIP MBN stuff on the github, so hopefully one day we'll see that fully implemented. Again, this is all just a guess as to what's going on, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Remember that Models in Ohana is still in development. So I'm pretty sure that it will messed up the meshes. Surprisingly, Megaman looks okay. No missing limbs. It's like plain Rock(as RockMan, not a normal stone). So hopefully, it will be resolved and I can do some crazy Model Editing for Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Reactions: Caseyfam

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that Models in Ohana is still in development. So I'm pretty sure that it will messed up the meshes. Surprisingly, Megaman looks okay. No missing limbs. It's like plain Rock(as RockMan, not a normal stone). So hopefully, it will be resolved and I can do some crazy Model Editing for Pokemon Sun and Moon.
All I'm saying is that these errors from Ohana have serious complications later down the pipeline in the rigging process. If anyone wants to wade through that then sure, but for now I'm just saying that people should know going in that it's nowhere near as easy as the final results look.

Reactions: Miguel Gomez

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've figured out one issue atleast, the wii fit trainer model I'm trying to import is scaled incorrectly. How would I go about fixing that to be completely accurate? For example: I need the body to be scaled to X 14.966cm Y 19.946cm Z 4.286cm

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I've figured out one issue atleast, the wii fit trainer model I'm trying to import is scaled incorrectly. How would I go about fixing that to be completely accurate? For example: I need the body to be scaled to X 14.966cm Y 19.946cm Z 4.286cm
Did you set the unit change? 1 unit = 1 cm

Reactions: Caseyfam

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you set the unit change? 1 unit = 1 cm

Yes, but it's still too big the body is currently X 37.532cm Y 10.886cm Z 50.559cm also it's probably because I changed the unit scale halfway through the project so it was on inches before I believe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Caseyfam I forgot to mention this *facepalm* I also removed TransN from every mesh

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. Odd. Yesterday, I can make Megaman working. Now I can't?
Not only Megaman, my Luigi model that I made yesterday doesn't work either. It just froze. Something tells me that I pressed a button by accident on 3DSMax. What's odd is that I can't make the model in 3DSMax to lie down properly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I might gonna uninstall 3DSMax and reinstall it just to reset the settings.

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re-scaling fixed part of my distortion problem. What's really bothering me the most is that ohana messes up the envelopes so I have to go redo all of them... Like on the wii fit trainer I'm doing the envelope for the Left or Right knee is targeting the thigh instead of the knee... It's so stupid.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Re-scaling fixed part of my distortion problem. What's really bothering me the most is that ohana messes up the envelopes so I have to go redo all of them... Like on the wii fit trainer I'm doing the envelope for the Left or Right knee is targeting the thigh instead of the knee... It's so stupid.
How can I fix distorted model?
fasdfasdfg.png
I never had this problem before.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well release this PoC... No I will not take requests for more UI edits, I don't have the time now to even think about doing major projects. Use sm4sht3x to edit the background. Do not modify the black square at the top right corner.
(attempt at trying to show what this does)
ewEZ7Zr.png

It goes in /saltysd/smashx/ui/lumen/ or [wherever the new path is]/ui/lumen/

Attachments

• com_bg00_up.zip
    112.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe if you right click then select scale on wii fit trainer you can go to the xyz cordinates at the bottom of 3ds max's screen and put those cordinates in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work