• Likes 7

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 83738
Well. This is what the Ash-Pikachu Kanto Hat look like. But I can't manage to edit the UV using 3DSMax cause Pikachu will crash in Smash 3DS when I export it using 3DSMax.

I wish I knew how to do this Blender shit or change the damn inputs of that program.

Ok, now that I know how to model import I can try to give some tips

Don't use noesis!!! Edit the model from the dae file you get from ohana. Basically, noesis splits all of the edges and vertices... Like for example: You have a model with 3,000 verts when they're welded together like they should be. But after you run it through noesis it could turn into a monsterous 7,000 vertices because they all break apart. I figured this out by running my model through noesis only to see it went from 2,500~ to 6,000~ but the face/tri count stayed the same. IDK why noesis does that but it's annoying.

The other thing noesis does is ruin object order. Even if your model should work, it might be invisible because the object order is messed up. That's why Caseyfams models like the sombrero captain falcon or the bowser had missing meshes.

To me it seems like you can actually edit in 3DS max but I don't know for sure and I'm too lazy to check.
If you want to see if you can edit in max then follow these steps.

1. Import the .dae of the smash model into 3ds max using the import function, disregard any errors you get unless the model wont import.
2. Select all of the meshes(and bones if you want to but they don't matter).
3. Click the button labels "Graph editors", that should drop down another menu
4. Select dope sheet and scroll down

When you scroll down far enough you should start seeing the names of the meshes. If the names of the meshes are in order(I.E. 0,1,2,3,4 ect...) then it should be possible to edit in 3ds max.

Another tip:

When editing the model DO NOT EDIT MESH NAMES!!!
If you made your model correctly then mesh names shouldn't matter at all.

Follow this tutorial: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_Ddrb6EIuMSVNMelZ5NGFEOVE/view?usp=sharing

Make sure you read every step very VERY carefully, every step matters.

If you're going to try that tutorial but you're using 3ds max here's a tip for that aswell.

When he says use ctrl + j to join your objects, it the same as using the attach feature in 3ds max.

So when you need to make a plane within one of the smash models objects you need to make the plane separately. Then select the smash model, right click, click attach, and select the plane from the objects list. Don't forget to unwrap every plane you make.

Good luck guys! I know you'll all figure it out soon and I can't wait to see all of the models hacks that will be made!!! :D

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country

Don't use noesis!!! Edit the model from the dae file you get from ohana. Basically, noesis splits all of the edges and vertices... Like for example: You have a model with 3,000 verts when they're welded together like they should be. But after you run it through noesis it could turn into a monsterous 7,000 vertices because they all break apart. I figured this out by running my model through noesis only to see it went from 2,500~ to 6,000~ but the face/tri count stayed the same. IDK why noesis does that but it's annoying.

The other thing noesis does is ruin object order. Even if your model should work, it might be invisible because the object order is messed up. That's why Caseyfams models like the sombrero captain falcon or the bowser had missing meshes.

To me it seems like you can actually edit in 3DS max but I don't know for sure and I'm too lazy to check.

1. Import the .dae of the smash model into 3ds max using the import function, disregard any errors you get unless the model wont import.

When you scroll down far enough you should start seeing the names of the meshes. If the names of the meshes are in order(I.E. 0,1,2,3,4 ect...) then it should be possible to edit in 3ds max.

Another tip:

Follow this tutorial: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_Ddrb6EIuMSVNMelZ5NGFEOVE/view?usp=sharing

If you're going to try that tutorial but you're using 3ds max here's a tip for that aswell.

When he says use ctrl + j to join your objects, it the same as using the attach feature in 3ds max.

So when you need to make a plane within one of the smash models objects you need to make the plane separately. Then select the smash model, right click, click attach, and select the plane from the objects list. Don't forget to unwrap every plane you make.

Good luck guys! I know you'll all figure it out soon and I can't wait to see all of the models hacks that will be made!!! :D
I'll try to test it out if it works. But for the other tip, I'm still noob at Blender. Not even a damn video or guide help me look for alternative keys. I'm using a Laptop and I don't have a Middle Mouse Button or Numpads(sure there's Fn for activating Numpads, but the keys are soo confusing). I feel like using Blender alienated me and other programs that uses standard keys.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
It makes me frustrating and curious on how did 12 yr olds make stupid Minecraft Animation with this monster? For them, it looks easy to add textures, make basic model movements such as position, rotation, and scale, and so on.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country

Another tip:

I tested it and it looked scary af.
Sure it's 100% arranged. But look at this!
HNI_0014.JPG
HNI_0015.JPG
HNI_0016.JPG
HNI_0017.JPG

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gryz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to test it out if it works. But for the other tip, I'm still noob at Blender. Not even a damn video or guide help me look for alternative keys. I'm using a Laptop and I don't have a Middle Mouse Button or Numpads(sure there's Fn for activating Numpads, but the keys are soo confusing). I feel like using Blender alienated me and other programs that uses standard keys.
Umm... User Prefrences, buddy

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you learn blender then yes, it's easier to copy what he's doing in blender than to try it in max
well, idk anything about blender, i just get happy because 3DSMAX is heavy, i don't want to waste 4gb of my internet and cant do any model import
did you think just following the tutorial, i can do something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo