Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
update: After I added a new mod. a new folder was added. "Content", "Patch". My Data and my data with my region. I just add those into the new folders, correct?? or Do I have to manually add the mods the same way I add other mods?
If you move the "data" folders into "patch" you should be fine.

Reactions: DynicalCillan

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a slight issue with My Music and additional songs, and I'm not sure where else to ask this...

All of the songs appear in-game and I can set their likelihood just fine, but any song after the 20th on a single stage don't save. For example, I have 25 songs on Final Destination (13 default and 12 additional). While the first 7 of my additional will save my likelihood settings, the remaining 5 will always revert back to no chance upon leaving the game.

It's a minor inconvenience, sure, but I would still like to fix it if at all possible. I imagine it's possible as an actual in-game stage has 27 songs and saves just fine (Super Mario Maker).

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I have a slight issue with My Music and additional songs, and I'm not sure where else to ask this...

All of the songs appear in-game and I can set their likelihood just fine, but any song after the 20th on a single stage don't save. For example, I have 25 songs on Final Destination (13 default and 12 additional). While the first 7 of my additional will save my likelihood settings, the remaining 5 will always revert back to no chance upon leaving the game.

It's a minor inconvenience, sure, but I would still like to fix it if at all possible. I imagine it's possible as an actual in-game stage has 27 songs and saves just fine (Super Mario Maker).
You're making sure that all those songs look like this in Sm4shExplorer?

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 4.26.46 PM.png
Also:
  • Do all song file names match in the /bgm/ folder and in Sm4shMusic?
  • Do songs actually play in "My Music"?
If there are stages that don't support over 20 songs, it's news to me. My modpack has over 250 songs added, and I haven't run into such an issue once.

I've also been getting trojan alerts from Windows Defender for this software. Windows Defender wants to remove all three executables (DTLS.exe, Sm4shFileExplorer.exe, and PARAM.exe). The developers should address this.
Why don't you just whitelist the programs? They aren't "signed" programs, and the nature of them is to edit files that are normally encrypted. Antivirus programs are likely to flag them, but so far I haven't had it flagged on any of my computers...

Last edited by MarinaTentacles,

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're making sure that all those songs look like this in Sm4shExplorer?

View attachment 54833
Also:
  • Do all song file names match in the /bgm/ folder and in Sm4shMusic?
  • Do songs actually play in "My Music"?
If there are stages that don't support over 20 songs, it's news to me. My modpack has over 250 songs added, and I haven't run into such an issue once.
It looks like that and the songs actually play. It's the simple fact that the my music setting for songs after the 20th don't save after turning off the console. The stages I have more than 20 songs on are Final Destination, Windy Hill Zone, Kalos League, Mario Galaxy, Delfino Plaza, Port Town, Castle Siege, and Pirate Ship, if that matters.

I do have over 300 songs total, but I don't think the actual number of songs is an issue.

EDIT: Also want to mention that these songs WILL play in-game. I've had the 25th song play during a match. It's just the setting won't save after leaving the game.

Last edited by RoyMaster4,

Blackest Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting

WARN The filesize of dt00/dt01 doesn't match the region set in your config (USA). You will not be able to extract from LS.
INFO It seems that the size of your dt00/dt01 files matches the (USA) region. You might want to edit your config file: 1 is for JPN, 2 is for USA, 4 is for EUR.

With 0.07.1

Any help?

porcaro0395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime i load the CSS, it runs for a few seconds, then freezes and has a beeping noise for about 5 seconds after then stops. How can i prevent this?

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
So, has anyone figured out how to increase the number of songs a stage can have past 20? I mean, yes, we can ADD more than 20, but it's pointless if it doesn't save in My Music...

If not, anyone have any guess as to where we could look for a value that would determine how many songs a stage can have? If the Mario Maker stage can do more that 20 songs, then surely it's possible... right?

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not, anyone have any guess as to where we could look for a value that would determine how many songs a stage can have? If the Mario Maker stage can do more that 20 songs, then surely it's possible... right?
Best guess I have is the files Sm4shMusic edits. I know there's the Sound DB file, wich has 42 slots for each stage - the first slot is the stage ID, second is # of songs, and the remaining are the IDs of the individual songs for that stage (which is why the maximum is 40). Apparently there's also a My Music DB file, but I'm not sure where it is...

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, has anyone figured out how to increase the number of songs a stage can have past 20? I mean, yes, we can ADD more than 20, but it's pointless if it doesn't save in My Music...

in data_(us_en)/param/stage there's only file, and it's called "MarioMaker_f_stdat.bin." It's a param file that I don't quite understand the purpose of, but its odd placement and it being the only file in that location makes me wonder if that might be a lead on the music.

That said I doubt it has much to do with My Music...but I've been meaning to take a solid look at it, I just haven't had the time. The best way to start figuring this out would be to look through files related to music/sound and looking for places where Mario Maker seems to have some sort of difference of exception. I really want to figure this out--music over 20, and the problems with extra costumes for ROB, Kirby and Yoshi are my informational white whales with Smash 4.

BackFLiiP

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm just wondering what this error means? I'm worried and dont want to redo all of the importing again... .-. "ERROR Error while building the mod: No access to memory location"

EDIT: I keep trying to put all my mods together and everytime I pack it, I get that error. It's probably been my 5th try and I'm done. It's frustrating that i've wasted a whole day and ended with nothing....

Last edited by BackFLiiP,

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: over night I was file sorting and figured out a way to boot 3rd party DLC files plus modes simultaneously onto Disc not loadline. I was gonna make a tutorial but first wanted to ask if this was a new find or is this already well know throughout the community ?

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Question: over night I was file sorting and figured out a way to boot 3rd party DLC files plus modes simultaneously onto Disc not loadline. I was gonna make a tutorial but first wanted to ask if this was a new find or is this already well know throughout the community ?
You mean for Smash Wii U? Not really sure what you mean by "3rd Party DLC files..."

If you're talking about pirating the DLC, that's super easy to do and most people know how to do it. That said, it's frowned upon to talk about that around here.

If you're talking about loading modded characters, that's done through SDCafiine. Once again, nothing new though.

Hey, I'm just wondering what this error means? I'm worried and dont want to redo all of the importing again... .-. "ERROR Error while building the mod: No access to memory location"

EDIT: I keep trying to put all my mods together and everytime I pack it, I get that error. It's probably been my 5th try and I'm done. It's frustrating that i've wasted a whole day and ended with nothing....
Are you building straight to the SD card?

Reactions: GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean for Smash Wii U? Not really sure what you mean by "3rd Party DLC files..."

If you're talking about pirating the DLC, that's super easy to do and most people know how to do it. That said, it's frowned upon to talk about that around here.

If you're talking about loading modded characters, that's done through SDCafiine. Once again, nothing new though.
i hear it's all safe online but stage and move-set mods, true ?

iwatalemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, when i use the Sm4sh Music plugin it used to be able to save the titles of the new bgms but now when i hit save config and close out of sm4sh explorer it doesn't work and it goes back to it's default title. Help!?

upload_2016-7-7_0-20-13.png
upload_2016-7-7_0-20-24.png
upload_2016-7-7_0-21-0.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

At this point above ^ I leave sm4sh explorer and then come back.

and...

upload_2016-7-7_0-23-4.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c