Gaming Skyward Sword: the aftermath

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
it looks and sounds like zelda

but

levels are just one long dungeon crawl, lacks exploration of a large world that was fun in OOT
gimmiky m+ controls where not needed
even sword swinging usually results in me just waving my arm around until something dies!
iv gotten to some areas where i need a shield but mines broke, i thought zelda games made sure i had everything
im not standing up everytime i want to roll a bomb
id like to use the nunchuck stick to fly a bird/beetle
i find it REALLY REALLY hard and follow a walkthrough most of the time. how do kids play this!?

*score is not needed

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks and sounds like zelda

but

levels are just one long dungeon crawl, lacks exploration of a large world that was fun in OOT
gimmiky m+ controls where not needed
even sword swinging usually results in me just waving my arm around until something dies!
iv gotten to some areas where i need a shield but mines broke, i thought zelda games made sure i had everything
im not standing up everytime i want to roll a bomb
id like to use the nunchuck stick to fly a bird/beetle
i find it REALLY REALLY hard and follow a walkthrough most of the time. how do kids play this!?

6/10
Feel free to discuss what you think was right or wrong about the game
but the next person I see scoring the game like they're the end-all-be-all of game reviewing is out the fucking door!

Which is not the only reason why I think you are trolling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aGjL1bwN0

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
it's you who needs to figure out how REAL LIFE works :rofl:
you idiotic zelda fanboyz just won't learn i'd love to continue this debate but guess what i've got better things to do like play anno 2070
*snip*
I like your hilarious cop out. I was just about to go into debate mode too... Might as well refute your existing arguments while I'm here. One point off per thing you don't like, huh? Nice system. Unfortunately, it only works forgames that are equally divided into 10 components, and only then if you don't dislike anything else. See the problem is, games have more than 10 things in them. Say you watch a brilliant, classic movie. There's 100 scenes in the movie. See, Bladexdsl didn't like some of the scenes in this movie. Didn't like 3 of them? 7/10. Didn't like 7 of them? 3/10. Didn't like 10 of them? 0/10. All the other ones were brilliant. 0/10.

But go ahead, by all means use your XD smileys, post reaction images outside of an image board, and dodge providing any actual points by repeating "fanboyz" fanboyz" "fanboyz" in every other sentence. It won't make you any more right, though.

Edit: Added Zs to 'fanboy'

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is a certain knee jerk reaction most people have whenever you dare to say anything bad about Zelda, i've seen it tons of times, no matter how valid your criticism is at the end of the day people just call you a troll. Like that's somehow a counter to everything they've said. Personally I don't agree with the subtracting of points for one thing that bothers you... I give it 7/10 because a LOT of things bother me (at least 15 things bother me), but I still enjoyed the game which is why it gets a 'good' score.

I always laugh when someone looks at 7/10 and thinks the game has to be bad to get it, no - there's many degrees of good. 7/10 is good, 8/10 is better, 9/10 is amazing 10/10 is awesome.

and like others have said the reviews on metacritic aren't going to change just because a few of us or even I don't like it as much as the rest of you, I don't know why people are so sensitive and defensive.

"Goddamn I'm sick and fucking tired of this argument over opinions!"
Most things people say are opinions and most arguments are over opinions, you can't get away from that, you just can't. I could say that is just your opinion but you have the power to do something about it don't you? Just sayin'. If you adopt this policy for real you'll be annoyed a LOT.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else think the last boss was a bit crap/short? Don't get me wrong he looked the part but it just felt a bit easy?

The fight was epic. But very easy once you figured it out. It was also short. I still have to rate it one of the best encounters simply because it was FUN and the surroundings looked awesome.
... Although it was clearly a ripoff of Xenoblade. (the scening)

Feel free to discuss what you think was right or wrong about the game
but the next person I see scoring the game like they're the end-all-be-all of game reviewing is out the fucking door!

Thank you.
Opinions are fine and people cant agree on everything - but dont start acting like a crybaby when someone disagrees with you (blade...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: