Gaming Skyward Sword: the aftermath

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I can see why some flaws would disappoint a Zelda fan, but grading it that low seems a bit harsh don't it?

that's why i'm a true gamer i can see the flaws in any game and am not afraid to point them out even zelda. anytime i play a game no matter what it is if there is anything in it that annoys me it instantly loses 1 point. in ss there was 3 things that really annoyed me.
>that's why i'm a true gamer
Ah ha
A HA HA HA HA HA
Look at yourself. Also figure out how review scores work then come back.

Edit: I'm reading your posts. You are the stupidest, most arrogant bastard I've met this week. At least Guild usually knows what he's talking about when he bashes a game...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's you who needs to figure out how REAL LIFE works :rofl:
you idiotic zelda fanboyz just won't learn i'd love to continue this debate but guess what i've got better things to do like play anno 2070
end_of_line_by_seaninja951-d35hi6z.png

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes blade, we get it. You dont like SS, could you please just fuck off now instead of trolling every god damn SS thread?

Thank you.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd rate it 8/10, it's an awesome addition to the series.

Reasons why:

-1: It cost me a fucking brand new nunchuck (thumb stick gave up and snapped mid game getting the second flame?!)

-1: The repeated text when you collect a fucking useless bug... everytime you re-continue your game?! RLY?!

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-1 for gimmicks
-1 for annoying motion control USED in stuff where their not needed has nothing to do with sword fighting.
-1 for how annoying fi is and also the repeated fucking text. that should have been 6/10 but i'm being nice.

7/10
Lol, no offense but you would make an awful game reviewer if that's how you did your reviews, most games you reviewed would probably get negative scores. Give me an example of what you consider a 10/10 game and I can guarantee I can find at least 3 things to subtract points from it the way you did with SS. You're clearly not a "true gamer," you're just a biased gamer that probably gave it a 7/10 for the same reason gamespot gave it 7.5, because you didn't want to follow the trend of giving it a high score and you knew it would cause people to react. To put it simply, you're a troll. And no, I'm not a "Zelda fanboy," I just like good games and this is clearly a good game. However I am willing to admit it has it faults and is certainly not a 10/10.

I would give it an 8.5/10, maybe 9/10 on a good day. To deny it has flaws would just be silly but the pros greatly outweigh the cons. The only Zelda game to deserve a 10/10 is ALttP. But no Zelda game deserves less than an 8/10(not including the CD-i games of course...and maybe Spirit Tracks).

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

I'd give it a 4
-1 for gimmicks
-1 for annoying motion control USED in stuff where their not needed has nothing to do with sword fighting.
-1 for how annoying fi is and also the repeated fucking text. that should have been 6/10 but i'm being nice.

7/10
-1 for being rational
-1 for some irritating sequences that seem so much like patched Wii Sports Resort. IE Loftwing=Plane.

Tigsy's Score
5/10

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on my second playthrough now, and while I think that SS brings some fresh air to the zelda franchise while still being classic in it's own way, there are also things that could have done better and were already mentioned by other users, like Fi talking way to much (at least from the perspective of a real Zelda veteran, for newcomers some of her hints could be really useful), and especially repeating things over and over again, the Imprisoned breaking out two times in a row with a very short period of time in between was also a bit too much - I was happy I just had sealed him away and could go on with a more important part of the story, and bam there he was again, and no I was not pleased with that.

Also I think while the story is different this time with Zelda not being a princess, it doesn't shine as strong as in other games. And while I love almost all the characters in this game, they didn't took the time to introduce the majority of them properly. There are characters with much potential, but these characters have little to no background explained to them. They are just there, maybe serving for some sidequest but that was it. I was really disappointed with that. While it's good to see that Link seems to have a strong relationship to the people of skyloft, sometimes these relationships could be deeper.

Furthermore I hoped to explore the land under the clouds at night, but no the guards of skyloft won't let you out of town at night. Also I hoped to find some kind of population in the land under the clouds apart from the shiekah woman, some gorons, the desert tribe, the kikwii, the mogmas and the parella. Some kind of human population, maybe a tribe hiding before the evil in a secret village, which can only reached by those with a pure heart or something along these lines. And if it were the rest of the shiekah tribe - it would make this place so much more alive.

since I don't want to spoil major details, the next bit will be in spoilers:

they could have used the gate of time so much better. I mean we could have visited all the areas in the past, during the great war between demise and the godess herself and get to know more of her actual background, and of course the triforce and how Fi came into existence. it was a bit sad that you could go no further than the sealed grounds in the past.

but enough with all the things that I didn't like that much or think they could be better. so now a list of things I actually enjoyed pretty much:

- The new combat system. It really feels like an action adventure now where the enemies react to your attacks. this time they take combat serious, unlike in other zelda games.
- The boss battles. Almost each of them was creative and very fun and challenging, maybe except the second fight against ghirahim, which was like the first fight enhanced with one or two new moves from his side.
- The flight, and especially diving from your bird. It gave such a feeling of freedom.
- The beetle. Most useful item ever in a Zelda game.
- The upgrade system. Finally all the stuff you collect has a useful pupose.
- The sand ship with it's time crystals. I loved the creativity in the puzzles here
- The mine carts. It was so much fun to ride them
- A bokoblin getting chased by a bee hive - the first time I saw this I laughed so hard
- Hero mode without a shield and without collecting heart containers - the ultimate challange
- The characters and all the other small things that you only see when looking twice because at first you don't recognize them.

and yeah, I'm finally done now^^

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuh uh, I'm the best gamer in da wurld and whatever I say is the right score for the game, nyah nyah!

Goddamn I'm sick and fucking tired of this argument over opinions!
And it's doubtful that I'm the only one.
As it's been said a thousand times before;
Opinions are like assholes.
Everybody has one, and it seems that most people's heads are stuck in their own around here when it comes how a Zelda game scores!

If you like the game, Great!
If you don't like the game, then guess what; that's still fucking great!

Feel free to discuss what you think was right or wrong about the game
but the next person I see scoring the game like they're the end-all-be-all of game reviewing is out the fucking door!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else think the last boss was a bit crap/short? Don't get me wrong he looked the part but it just felt a bit easy?

D

Deleted User

Nuh uh, I'm the best gamer in da wurld and whatever I say is the right score for the game, nyah nyah!

Goddamn I'm sick and fucking tired of this argument over opinions!
And it's doubtful that I'm the only one.
As it's been said a thousand times before;
Opinions are like assholes.
Everybody has one, and it seems that most people's heads are stuck in their own around here when it comes how a Zelda game scores!

If you like the game, Great!
If you don't like the game, then guess what; that's still fucking great!

Feel free to discuss what you think was right or wrong about the game
but the next person I see scoring the game like they're the end-all-be-all of game reviewing is out the fucking door!
What do you mean " out the door "

You're gonna ban people for posting numbers?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not ban, but a suspension is likely.
Because all people are doing is stirring up trouble with their scores.
"I think it should be X, and you're stoopid if you think it's Y. Clearly I'm far superior to you because I say so."
Completely needless bullshit.

D

Deleted User

Probably not ban, but a suspension is likely.
Because all people are doing is stirring up trouble with their scores.
"I think it should be X, and you're stoopid if you think it's Y. Clearly I'm far superior to you because I say so."
Completely needless bullshit.
I understand people have opinions, but a lot of people have flawed reasons for their opinion, I just don't feel like getting banned for my argument debating theirs.
Thanks for clarification.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*shrug* Flawed reasoning or not, most people aren't likely to change their opinions simply because of a post on a forum.
It just makes them want to argue more.

duty_calls.png

That's all we're trying to avoid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag