Death By Degrees {HD} Somber Edition NTSC

SomberTwilight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 1:1: Full Game is fully mastered, all thats left to do is update some item renders, and notes.
- Files converted to DDS. Considerably smaller file size.

Things to know:

The Main Menu is unaltered: All of my packs have a cute little trademark of mine, but this one unfortunately will not have that.
The Font Is Unaltered: This is one of those games that dumps a collection of letters between each sentence. It's gross.
During all of Lana Lei's fights and some underwater swimming sections the game will break in hardware mode. SImply press F9 for software mode and continue until both the fight and swimming section is over.

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/file/0FkyxCrY#aZP8WG8gtCJnk8PUjZT4kCkNbx7Bx2XaMaZrMKJSoDU
60fps file: https://mega.nz/file/hItgxRza#EHrHUqxjXnajxzXOeNJt8UEdiJKjpAlwNWj_yRHdaeE

Now I know y'all werent ready for this one! In height of the Tekken 8 hype, I wanted to do a little something for Nina. This game was OVER-HATED when it first came out for trying something new. However, not all of its hate was absurd. Alot of the jankier titles on the console are easily remedied with emulation. Now we can rewind time at the exact frame at the press of a button. Death By Degrees is a stand alone title for Tekken's "Nina & Anna" Williams that features a non-canon storyline to fill in the gaps of our two favorite assassins. The gameplay is a typical action spy structure, but you use the analog sticks to fight. (I know, odd, but it works!) It's a very long game with a ton of content, costumes, and different fighting styles. Despite me giving it an HD facelift, the game's textures are absolutely gorgeous and alot of work went into this game. I ask you give it the time of day, like many other titles lost to history by blatant criticsm that went undeserved.
Death by Degrees_SLUS-20934_20231219120808.png
I tried to keep as much as the original textures in play, but some were altered (mostly cavern textures. Rocks are such a pain) Regardless, it did not take away from the atmosphere. Look how Nina is glowing amongst the faint candlelight atop that stone staircase.
Death by Degrees_SLUS-20934_20231219120948.pngDeath by Degrees_SLUS-20934_20231219060423.png

Renders and items have all been upscaled and given a fresh coat of polish. You'll be spending alot of time in the menu, not because they're pretty, but because the load transitions between menu's is god awful lmao.
Death by Degrees_SLUS-20934_20231219130901.png

Last edited by SomberTwilight,

Skywa1ker7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just popped the cap on a Revisit to "DBD". With this T-pack, its time to re pop that bottle. Cheers, Bro. Justice is served.😎
Somber...can you do KOF maximum impact 1? There's part 2 T-pack..but im a linear play type. Theres also a 3rd (in jpn only) KoF max type A, tho i dnt want to be greedy. Those two are T-Packless. Donation if considered. Ur a quick releaser, which is why i request.

SomberTwilight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somber...can you do KOF maximum impact 1? There's part 2 T-pack..but im a linear play type. Theres also a 3rd (in jpn only) KoF max type A, tho i dnt want to be greedy. Those two are T-Packless. Donation if considered. Ur a quick releaser, which is why i request.
of course, sweetie. I can certainly give it a shot

Reactions: Skywa1ker7

JuanchoTexHD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
i watch the game and i think the font is dumped in pair of letters per texture when speciffic letters appears on screen, is not infinite i think, is possible to remake the font, but i cant found the version with multi lang selector

Playmulation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Great job somber fixing this game that is a headache with many textures, I made my own textures for this game, I recommend that you use digital art for some walls thatReal esgarn couldn't fix that rescaling

SomberTwilight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job somber fixing this game that is a headache with many textures, I made my own textures for this game, I recommend that you use digital art for some walls thatReal esgarn couldn't fix that rescaling
Thank you. I am going back and updating some of my games since this is the last game I used Hitpaw on. I started using Hdcube for the rest and oh my god I was in the dark ages. My ui's have never looked better
Post automatically merged:

Looks great.
Did you try Nighshade does this game now work properly?
This game still has visual bugs in hardware during underwater sections and lana lei fights. I believe Icebullet did NIghtShade already

Reactions: Plaidray

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: