Hacking Question Skyrim File Structure Question

NinjaSushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone yet knows if the File Structure / Format of Skyrim on the switch is similar to that of the other platforms. Bethesda loves their Skyrim ports and as such the structure is usually quite similar across platforms. Is this the same for the switch? If so, how likely are we to see pc like mods on the switch?

NinjaSushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone already said it was that they took the Hyrule.esp files and used them on pc they worked but they had no textures, so yes it is kind of
That's interesting to hear. Perhaps the texture files are in a more compressed format in order to allow to the game to run decently

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Some have accessed files, but no one has been kind enough yet to share how they did so, unfortunately.

NinjaSushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Naked_Snake

NinjaSushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do t have access to it only my save files from Skyrim on Switch, I’m still surprised no one has made a cart dumping payload yet
Definitely surprising. Probably due to piracy concerns or something a long that line. The figureheads of the switch hacking community are also mainly focused on CFW and linux development. Cart dumps aren't priority

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Definitely surprising. Probably due to piracy concerns or something a long that line. The figureheads of the switch hacking community are also mainly focused on CFW and linux development. Cart dumps aren't priority
I’ve edited my previous reply with links to my save files if you wanna look at them

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like hactool requires keys that the general public can't get yet. Hopefully someday soon we'll be able to. I just wanna see if it's possible to get a Stardew Valley mod on the Switch.

NinjaSushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like hactool requires keys that the general public can't get yet. Hopefully someday soon we'll be able to. I just wanna see if it's possible to get a Stardew Valley mod on the Switch.
I wouldn't mind some beyond skyrim: bruma action. Weren't all the required keys leaked a while back?

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind some beyond skyrim: bruma action. Weren't all the required keys leaked a while back?
I know at least some were. But hactool doesn't seem to provide a way to repack and reencrypt the archive after editing files. Again, I really wish the people that worked with Skyrim and Binding of Isaac said anything about how they achieved it. I don't know enough myself to do all this yet. :P

NinjaSushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know at least some were. But hactool doesn't seem to provide a way to repack and reencrypt the archive after editing files. Again, I really wish the people that worked with Skyrim and Binding of Isaac said anything about how they achieved it. I don't know enough myself to do all this yet. :P
Skyrim's popular enough that someone will get there eventually. I'm just hoping for an easy porting script rather than having to rebuild every mod specifically for it

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyrim's popular enough that someone will get there eventually. I'm just hoping for an easy porting script rather than having to rebuild every mod specifically for it
Yeah, in time it might be possible to load files from the SD card and have them "overwrite" those in the game data archive, like is possible on the 3DS.

NinjaSushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, in time it might be possible to load files from the SD card and have them "overwrite" those in the game data archive, like is possible on the 3DS.
I'm fairly certain SciresM is working on that exact feature for Atmosphere. I feel like i saw it in his commits somewhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...