Homebrew Any chance for PKSM or similar for Switch?

rxwaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the recent announcment of the 3DS online services shutting down in April 2024 is there any chance of getting a PKSM or similar port onto the Switch (AMS) in the future? I know they have said Pokemon Bank will stay up for the time being, but who knows how long that will actually be the case.

Even if we would have to provide our own dumped save files onto the Switch itself, is there likelihood we would see the abilty to transfer between GBA/NDS/3DS and Switch directly rather than going through Home/Bank? I'm not aware if there is similar software like this that exists already or what limitations would exist with this.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
If you have a modded GBA/NDS/3DS and a modded Switch, you can export your save from older games and import the Pokémon to newer games (but, of course, you cannot import Pokémon that are not present in the games) via PC with PKHeX. You can keep those Pokémon in a folder as a backup: that folder will be your Pokémon Bank

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,
Reactions: rxwaan

EthanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe PKSM for Switch is currently being developed. If I remember rightly the release notes for PKSM 10 it said that the next major update would be incorporating PKSM into Switch.

Reactions: rxwaan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu