Hacking Sky3DS+ Plus Card are Delayed by the Factory

D

Deleted-19228

Same, my reseller (PeachDS) is slowly going through pre-orders though, and their second shipment is supposedly coming today. Multiple people on their forums are getting their orders filled, so I can be patient.

Honestly I didn't expect it this year. Good on them :) I didn't expect to be part of the first batch of preorders.

Reactions: thatbooisaspy

Tmu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got this email from modchipsdirect

Hello,

Unfortunately we have some bad news.
For reasons beyond our control we are not able to ship the Sky3DS from within the US.
We have been thinking of other solutions within the last 24 hours but we think the best idea is just to cancel orders and give customers an opportunity to order elsewhere.

The issue is related to customs and the continued effort in clamping down on flash cards being a 'grey area' in the US.

We have an opportunity to ship items directly from China/HK. But that would make us no different from the 20 other resellers on the sky3ds website that are listed under the 'USA' section but actually ship from there. DHL rates from there cost $30 or so, and airmail is about the same as the rates we have quoted but its just too messy and don't want to get a 3rd party involved.

We apologize for the massive inconvenienced caused. If the Sky3ds team actually shipped when they said it was ready (first week of December) we wouldn't have had this issue.

We have not charged your credit card for the transaction, so there is no action needed on your card. Credit card information has been wiped.

There are a very small amount of transactions which where changed over from previous orders like faulty sky3ds returns etc - if your order was one of these pleas email us back so we can refund you any monies owned.

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience caused but it is totally out of our control.

-MCD

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got this email from modchipsdirect

Hello,

Unfortunately we have some bad news.
For reasons beyond our control we are not able to ship the Sky3DS from within the US.
We have been thinking of other solutions within the last 24 hours but we think the best idea is just to cancel orders and give customers an opportunity to order elsewhere.

The issue is related to customs and the continued effort in clamping down on flash cards being a 'grey area' in the US.

We have an opportunity to ship items directly from China/HK. But that would make us no different from the 20 other resellers on the sky3ds website that are listed under the 'USA' section but actually ship from there. DHL rates from there cost $30 or so, and airmail is about the same as the rates we have quoted but its just too messy and don't want to get a 3rd party involved.

We apologize for the massive inconvenienced caused. If the Sky3ds team actually shipped when they said it was ready (first week of December) we wouldn't have had this issue.

We have not charged your credit card for the transaction, so there is no action needed on your card. Credit card information has been wiped.

There are a very small amount of transactions which where changed over from previous orders like faulty sky3ds returns etc - if your order was one of these pleas email us back so we can refund you any monies owned.

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience caused but it is totally out of our control.

-MCD
Can someone summarize this into an easier understanding? I bought mine on December 11th. I think mine is being shipped from Canada so, will my order be refunded or am I still to expect mine to come?

ssahnan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems self explanatory to me, if you ordered from this company, they are cancelling your order and you won't be getting it.

Ordered from them before, no issues. They must have legitimately hit a customs issue.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems self explanatory to me, if you ordered from this company, they are cancelling your order and you won't be getting it.

Ordered from them before, no issues. They must have legitimately hit a customs issue.
They said that they can't "ship from within the US" so I just don't know whether or not it'd include mine as mine is being shipped from Canada.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, so the email that user @Tmu got must apply to US re-sellers as stated:
This email is from modchipsdirect (A US reseller). I ordered from modchipcentral (A Canadian reseller) so I suppose that this email doesn't apply to me, thankfully. I hope mine comes tomorrow as promised.

upload_2015-12-28_19-41-26.png

upload_2015-12-28_19-37-48.png

Tmu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Same here i ordered gateway & also a sky3ds blue button from them no problem

They said that they can't "ship from within the US" so I just don't know whether or not it'd include mine as mine is being shipped from Canada.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, so the email that user @Tmu got must apply to US re-sellers as stated:

This email is from modchipsdirect (A US reseller). I ordered from modchipcentral (A Canadian reseller) so I suppose that this email doesn't apply to me, thankfully. I hope mine comes tomorrow as promised.

View attachment 33793

View attachment 33792

i just put a preorder with your reseller hopefully i get one

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I gotta say is this whole situation with the Sky3DS+ is really trying. Ordered it on the first of this month from usar4 (they were the first to put it up for purchase) and here I am 27 days later still being told how they haven't even received shipment.

Reactions: nekoneko

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, I'm holding off ordering until everyone has them in stock. There are so many resellers with one problem or another, with delays, with cancelled orders, that I'd rather not give anyone my credit card information.

Ideally I'd like to get one from nds-card to support this site. Also nds-card has long been one of the most trustworthy resellers, and since they are unwilling to even say anything other than "Sky3ds+ not coming soon", I think that's telling.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, peachds is based in California (which is nice, we get shipments from the US)

You seem familiar lol. I was in the forums asking about the shipping too, (PeachDS). I still have not received a tracking number and it's been more than 24 hours, did you receive a tracking number after payment? also, I got a reply saying there is no issue at all with my order, ''We are just swamped so it's taking us a little longer than usual to respond''.

The pre orders category changed to back orders in peachDS and they will have full stock by monday 01/04/2016, but they say monday 01/05/2016 (maybe a typo dunno).

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
You seem familiar lol. I was in the forums asking about the shipping too, (PeachDS). I still have not received a tracking number and it's been more than 24 hours, did you receive a tracking number after payment? also, I got a reply saying there is no issue at all with my order, ''We are just swamped so it's taking us a little longer than usual to respond''.

The pre orders category changed to back orders in peachDS and they will have full stock by monday 01/04/2016, but they say monday 01/05/2016 (maybe a typo dunno).

Nope, no tracking number (my order is still on hold). I got mine around the 19th so i'm not terribly late, we just have to hope we aren't on the back-order list.

itsameluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone ordering from UK Resellers, 3dscardsuk sent me this email today :

Dear Customer
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
Sky3ds+ will be instock in this week,i will send your order after i got first stock.
I will send a free r4i3ds card as gift,if you ordered before sky3ds+ available.

Best Regards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxvzFnWCu0