Hacking Sky3ds Help

Shunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought a blue button sky3ds and am having a problem that i couldnt googlefu out.

Basically I have tried 3 different games, all wrote to the card(Tried using the newest and the oldest template and the most recent diskwriter tool run in admin, windows 8.0), and i used the verify, and when inserted into my 3ds NOTHING comes up.

Now looking at my cart when i insert it, the blue light flashes for about 5 seconds then stops.

Basically what is wrong, could it be my SD car (its a 2gb no name one) or am I doing something wrong when flashing roms or is my card a flipping dud? The roms im using are EUR (Cause im australian with australian 3ds)

I tried 2 different LoZ OoT roms and a SM3DL rom, all 3 are .3ds files.

da1e85

Trophies
XP
Have you ran the disk writer in comparability mode xp service pack 3 is what I use some people find this helps.

Run the disk writer as administrator.

If the light is flashing it shouldn't be a dud.

Try a new sd card or try download roms from a different site.

In the disc writer make sure in options to add the template then go to write and write the games once this is done remove the sd card insert into the sky3ds and the games should work that is how I do it
After that use the latest disk writer and the latest template file

Shunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, It is night-time right now so the only thing I can't do right now is try another sd card(As i only have one on me at the moment, ill buy one tomorrow morning)

For the roms, I tried to different threads on a certain site, that may or may not missuse its name as ISO.

As for compatibility and admin, tried both of those. I have tried the latest template and diskwriter too.

Welcome to any more ideas, no matter how hard they are. Thankyou though :).

da1e85

Trophies
XP
It might not be the sd card it could be the fact you are downloading isos if I understood right I pmed you

da1e85

Trophies
XP
There is known issues or were with the compatibility of the disc writer with windows 8 and 8.1 that's why you run in compatability mode

Shunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Incase someone else has this problem and is reading the thread:
Possible fixes that DID NOT WORK FOR ME:
Windows 7
Different Roms
Running as ADMIN
Running compatibility mode.
ReFormating the SD card
Newest Diskwriter/Template
Older Diskerwriter/Template

To try:
Buy new SD card.

Spies

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the exact same issue (2gb noname Sd NON HC card) with my R5SDHC (but it's not really an issue here as it's just a sky3DS clone). I think the issue comes from the sd card then.

lastrogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a similar problem, with a Samsung 2GB SD card. I write it to the card and see it show up in the diskwriter window, plug it into my 3DS XL and just see the blue LED stay solid for a few seconds, the sound stops on the 3DS for a split second, then starts back up without any game being loaded. Pressing the button does nothing, The LED stays dark with no visible response and no change in sound. I'm leaning towards the 2GB SD cards not really being supported like they claim to be.

I do have 2 32GB SanDisk coming in sometime soon. I'll try and reply back after I've tested those. It might not be until Monday/Tuesday though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: so sad