Skullgirls is going mobile

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

With Skullgirls having been released on every other modern platform available, the Devs decided to take the game to Android and IOS as a Free-to-play game. the mobile version is developed by Hidden Variable Studios and will arrive in this spring. no word on an exact release date or even which markets its coming for first.The story itself will serve as a prequel to the first Skullgirls.

Skullgirls mobile’s Story is broken into “Seasons”, that each cover a different time period. The first Season is a Prologue to the events that transpire in the console game. Marie has not yet made herself known as the Skullgirl, but 7 years have passed since the last Skullgirl (Queen Nancy Renoir) wreaked havoc on the world. As such, while everyone is going about their business, there is a general sense of unease of something ominous lurking on the horizon...

skullgirlsm_ax16_003.jpg

upload_2017-3-1_8-53-41.png

upload_2017-3-1_8-54-10.png

a quote from the devs.​
Skullgirls mobile will be releasing for both iOS and Android devices, phone and tablet alike! We are currently working hard on optimizations, but Skullgirls is a pretty taxing game on mobile, as such we recommend newer/higher end devices to play. (official min spec devices TBD)
Skullgirls will be Free to Play, but will contain In App Purchases (dum dum dummmm!). That said, the game has been built such that In App Purchases are completely optional. The vast majority of the content in the game will be accessible even if you have never spent a dime (although obviously IAPs will help you acquire that stuff more quickly).
Current playable list : ( as of the beta )
PLAYABLE
  • Filia
  • Big Band
  • Peacock
  • Cerebella
  • Valentine
  • Painwheel
ENEMY ONLY
  • Parasoul
  • Eliza

• but it has been confirmed that all members of the original skullgirls cast will be joining the roster.

Last edited by Deleted member 377734,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lcie nimbus

Fap on the go? :creep:

Anyway joking aside, how can people play fighting games on mobile? :wtf:

I least hope controls can be used. I will import that to my shield to play and hope it has online too. (I already have the ps4 game so good stuff. :P

I hope a sequel comes out and have more characters, i dunno how people play a game with like 12 only 12 characters especially 3-3 battles. That like KOF games with only 4 teams, X-men vs street fighter with only 6 x-men and street fighter instead of 8.:unsure:

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
everyone

has their own style of writing/typing, this is mine.

Actually, no. Centering and using a big font is not a "style of writing". It's a style of presentation and most people *don't* have their own style - most people conform to the commonly accepted and expected standard.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, so you
everyone

everyone

do not see how

incredibly moronic this style looks? :glare:

Sorry...but this sort of creativity is only distracting people from the main message rather than helping them. Between the rules, it just screams almost childish enthousiasm, thus making it harder for the audience to take the actual message serious.

Speaking of the topic: as far as I know fighters, I sort of liked skullgirls. Yes, the fact that it featured a line-up of beautifully-drawn sexy ladies helped on that. But like others, I kind of wonder why they're going mobile. Are they sponsored by android-pairable bluetooth fighting sticks? :unsure:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of the topic: as far as I know fighters, I sort of liked skullgirls. Yes, the fact that it featured a line-up of beautifully-drawn sexy ladies helped on that. But like others, I kind of wonder why they're going mobile. Are they sponsored by android-pairable bluetooth fighting sticks?
There is BLUETOOTH FIGHT STICKS? :o

I thought there was only wired ones, cause is all i can find, and see people using. Besides, wouldn't using bluetooth on android use up more battery? We have android tv anyway so we can just use that and plug one in, least hope it has online/local multiplayer mode. This kind of game would be perfect for Nvidia shield branded android or any other kind of android with controls attached, i would hate using touch screen for fighting game, reminds me of Psvita/NDS/3DS games.... least it wasn't mandatory. :P

Well I like watching people play skull girls cause is so interesting how they do all those 2 minute combos that seem to go on forever especially for the standard of rules that is there, is not easy especially if you have to creatively make them up yourself instead of a trial challenge mode with basic combos to help beginners. Some games have hard time trying to introduce new player to enjoy the game since they lack either proper tutorial modes, or training modes to prepare them for the kind of online shenanigans of versus mode or VS CPU mode.

Some games do a very great job in that like Killer instinct, Guilty Gear Xrd, Blaz blue, and skull girls, then games like Street fighter 4 and 5, Mortal Kombat X and lot more do not. To be honest i do appreciate the effort done for tutorial and mid level to advance level training for helping people get equal skill even against high rank players. The fact that they do have such impressive tutorials lead me to believe the game was designed for "Hardcore, competitive, tournaments esports type player" Instead of casual party players like super smash bros, and early Marvel Vs capcom games. Considering Skull girls was based on Marvel Vs capcom 2 which is mostly just a huge fan service "HAVE FUN" kind of cross over game, this is focused too much on making strategic split second decisions on reaction that only people who train for so many years can master., and plague online modes with people who are too good and not same skill, which is most of the problem i have with fighting games now. :unsure:

Is part of the reason why i still enjoy early street fighter 2 game, since is just pure basic stuff with standard attacks and special moves, it seem a bit simple for anyone and skill level was hardly a thing, now is mostly watching professional people play these games, doing so many long combos until someone is defeated and hardly seen much of a game.:ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far