Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you could try again using browserhax? I mean if you can get into the system thats a very good sign? What hax did you use to downgrade?
I can't get the browser to open it just hangs after clicking to open it :( I was using menuhax and safesysupdater instead of sysupdater.

Well as the system is half working I'm just gonna return it as faulty and then try tomorrow with a new one going from 9.6 or whatever it comes with to 10.3 then back down to 9.2 and if that fails well Ill have to upgrade to 10.4 and cry a little.

Last edited by TayTayTheKiller,

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Then your only hope would be a permanent hax like Ninjhax or OOThax.
Heh yeah, I'm just gonna try my luck on getting a replacement tomorrow and then have a go at upgrading to 10.3 using sysupdater and then downgrading after. Ill post after trying it so people can know if it's even possible or not.

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I got a N3ds XL (9.6.0-24U). I was wondering if I can downgrade it to 9.2. I bought it new so it came with that firmware.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I got a N3ds XL (9.6.0-24U). I was wondering if I can downgrade it to 9.2. I bought it new so it came with that firmware.
In theory and report by some: Yes. Actual report that it's kind hit and miss more than downgrading from 10.3. See the last couple pages.

Last edited by tivu100,

the simio

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Issue: The app freezes at a certain step!
Solution: Try a different entrypoint. I was using Ironhax and got this problem, so I switched to OoT3DHax and it worked.

I were try with a SD card Silicon Power 4GB, class 4 and this freeze, so I change for a SD card Sony 8GB 15MB/s and this works!!!

Ahhh, and thanks for the tutorial! (sorry my english)

PD: I were using ironhax

Last edited by the simio,

neoceaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey just downgraded my second new 3ds this one had more issues then the majoras mask one i did 2 days ago, and i used the same files on both.
The MM edition one downgraded successfully on first try no issues at all 10.3 - 9.2
The black one i just did semibricked after the first downgrade which effected some stuff but i was still able to boot is sysnand and it said 9.2 but non of the exploits or cfw worked.
This is where sky3ds saved my ass I used Xenoblade Chronicles to update to 9.4 and then did the downgrade again took like 5 attempts to get sysupdater going. so this one started at
9.9 to 9.2 to 9.4 to 9.2. Now i got emunand and cfw on both of them it works.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey just downgraded my second new 3ds this one had more issues then the majoras mask one i did 2 days ago, and i used the same files on both.
The MM edition one downgraded successfully on first try no issues at all 10.3 - 9.2
The black one i just did semibricked after the first downgrade which effected some stuff but i was still able to boot is sysnand and it said 9.2 but non of the exploits or cfw worked.
This is where sky3ds saved my ass I used Xenoblade Chronicles to update to 9.4 and then did the downgrade again took like 5 attempts to get sysupdater going. so this one started at
9.9 to 9.2 to 9.4 to 9.2. Now i got emunand and cfw on both of them it works.
Thanks for reporting

Another case of error downgrading with different firmware than 10.3. In this case @neoceaser knows what he 's doing since he successfully downgrade another one before and use the same files. Seriously, if it's possible we need way to update to 10.3 first before proceed with downgrading.

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: TayTayTheKiller

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for reporting

Another case of error downgrading with different than 10.3. In this case @neoceaser knows what he 's doing since he successfully downgrade another one before and use the same files. Seriously, if it's possible we need way to update to 10.3 first before proceed with downgrading.
Yeah I'm wondering if you can use sysupdater to update to 10.3 first then downgrade. Or would it just be the same outcome with it erroring out due to an issues with sysupdater on older firmwares rather then the fact its downgrading.

Last edited by TayTayTheKiller,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm wondering if you can use sysupdater to update to 10.3 first then downgrade. Or would it just be the same outcome with it erroring out due to an issues with sysupdater on older firmwares rather then the fact its downgrading.
Really need someone with hardmod to test this out. Since now we only have 1 chance to downgrade bar the luck @neoceaser got with incomplete downgrade without softbrick.

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone while trying to downgrade N3ds get this? Getting CIA file informations...
titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

nickdos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
O3DS9.9 EU, tried this dozens of times and it always gets stuck after opening sysUpdater, Y to downgrade and B to exit don't work.
Used the safeSysupdater to check the md5s and all are good, launching FTBrony before didn't help either.

neoceaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes its the sysupdater u r using there r a lot of different versions keep trying i think the one on page 91 is what i used and it only took a few attempts to get both my new 3ds xl downgraded

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
O3DS9.9 EU, tried this dozens of times and it always gets stuck after opening sysUpdater, Y to downgrade and B to exit don't work.
Used the safeSysupdater to check the md5s and all are good, launching FTBrony before didn't help either.

Try formating your sd card and then doing it again or use another sd card.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
May I know do I have to perform any formatting to increase the chance of success rate?
I have read it somewhere formatting SD card and performing System Format increase the success rate.
Can anyone confirm on this?

nickdos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
May I know do I have to perform any formatting to increase the chance of success rate?
I have read it somewhere formatting SD card and performing System Format increase the success rate.
Can anyone confirm on this?

It will help if you have a messed menuhax install. It also ensures you have the latest version of menuhax. Themehax won't cut it.

Try formating your sd card and then doing it again or use another sd card.

Yes, apparently I had an older version of themehax, I installed menuhax and it got through.

Last edited by nickdos,

lordkill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have my Nintendo 3ds Xl in 10.3.0-28U, but Nintendo release 10.4, internet browser still open with no update? I've seen reports that are asking to upgrade to use internet browser, Can someone confirm this? Open in your 3ds browser in 10.3 to see if will ask to update and cancel opens the browser. Thanks

RodriM

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys! Im reporting a succesful downgrade from 10.3.0.28U to 9.2.0.20U on my New3DS :toot:
24b0k7a.jpg
I used sysUpdater 0.4.2b and all the .cia files in '9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS.zip', from "that iso website" (search on google the thing on OP).
9.2.0-20U:
MD5: E6339468A1E82B1D50E9222F017C0477
SHA-1: ECA4BA9DF44B03748BB8AA9C42186B38C62C0D1A

MD5 and SHA-1 were different than the ones provided here, since the files were updated, but they did work.

I accesed Homebrew Laucher through Ninjahax, homemenuhax and OOT3Dhax, although the latter one was the one who did the trick.

Made roughly 30 trys to downgrade, had a few crashes, but most failed attempts were "failed to get cia file info!". I just kept on trying and it finally worked.

Thanks everyone! :)

Reactions: malelolula

masterzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi, afer downgrading my N3ds to Fw. 9.2, when i start my menuhax to install FBI.cia, i get this error!

install failed
source_fsfile_write (0x1c)
module_nn_am )0x20)
description_invalid_signature (0x6a)

i cant run CFW reinand over menuhax - black screen to.

what wrong, what i need
thanks to all

Last edited by masterzed,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...