Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"ARM11 Kernel Exploit
#1 : Allocating buffers...
#2 : Allcating pages...
ERROR : Can 't force threads to core 1 .
Failure! : ( [...]"

Got this message 4 times now by running browserhax on O3DS 10.3 after running the sysupdater app - should I just use another exploit? As I can see my 3ds isnt bricked at all, the sysupdater seems to stop at the very beginning; turning off and on wasnt a trouble at all. Any ideas?

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not necessarily, try manually restarting it is all you can do at this point I guess. Unless the program has changed you wanted to press 'Y' to downgrade, not update. Potentially not good.
Thanks. I restarted and tried downgrading again.

Also now I know why it was updating although I didn't press A (it happened again after I tried a second time). It seems if you wait to long after sysUpdater launched it automatically starts updating. Fortunately it didn' broke anything.

Anyways, after my third try I succeeded! Its's on 9.2.0-20E now. :D

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
"ARM11 Kernel Exploit
#1 : Allocating buffers...
#2 : Allcating pages...
ERROR : Can 't force threads to core 1 .
Failure! : ( [...]"

Got this message 4 times now by running browserhax on O3DS 10.3 after running the sysupdater app - should I just use another exploit? As I can see my 3ds isnt bricked at all, the sysupdater seems to stop at the very beginning; turning off and on wasnt a trouble at all. Any ideas?

Best bet is to try another entry point if you can, Menuhax seems to be what works for most people from what I have seen.

ezak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NEW3DS downgraded to 9.2 with tuxsh build, when I go to go.gateway-3ds.com with launcher.dat on the SD nothing happens, am I doing it wrong?

Cipher7887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Successfully downgraded my O3DS 10.3 U to 9.2
First I tried it with 9.8 and then I semi-brick it since I got black screen half way. Then I use the recovery mode to update to 10.3 then do it again. I just wait after booting homemenuhax for 6 mins then I used sysUpdater. After that went smoothly then I thought it was brick again because it didn't restart after 10 seconds so I restarted it then boom it worked. Just format you sd card before doing all this. My problem now is I cant seem to acces homemenuhax

darklink801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2ry13f5.jpg
Succeess ^^

Last edited by darklink801,

dsmaster2008

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Successfully downgraded 10.1 E to 9.2 E !! Now Installed Menuhax, but Ironhax Installer wont start going to drop that then. Now gonna try RxTools !!

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Successfully downgraded my O3DS 10.3 U to 9.2
First I tried it with 9.8 and then I semi-brick it since I got black screen half way. Then I use the recovery mode to update to 10.3 then do it again. I just wait after booting homemenuhax for 6 mins then I used sysUpdater. After that went smoothly then I thought it was brick again because it didn't restart after 10 seconds so I restarted it then boom it worked. Just format you sd card before doing all this. My problem now is I cant seem to acces homemenuhax

The homemenu payload is for 10.3 not 9.2, that's why it doesn't work. Browserhax would probably be your starting entrypoint on 9.2.

Jallakewg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get stuck when starting sysUpdater, It just stops at #5 Restoring SlabHeap backup... waited for 10 minutes, nothing happens. Have to hold power to turn off.
N3DS on 10.3E used browserhax and now menuhax

What am I doing wrong?

desertwarior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
i succeeded with an O3DS Xl at the first attempt i even installed rxTools :D i have another O3ds which is not Xl on 10.3u and i the sysupdater freeze whenever i press y downgrade i tried Menuhax , Browshax, Ironhax nothing seems to fix this, anyone ?

Last edited by desertwarior,

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
I get stuck when starting sysUpdater, It just stops at #5 Restoring SlabHeap backup... waited for 10 minutes, nothing happens. Have to hold power to turn off.
N3DS on 10.3E used browserhax and now menuhax

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing at all ;) Manually restart and try again, it isn't perfect and doesn't completely load every time. If it locks once you have pressed 'Y' to downgrade and it has started to read the cia's, that's when you panic.

Thank you gonna install a new one now so I just needed to delete it right?

Homemenu? If you have changed your theme, that will clear it.

xxbilxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP needs updated. Many people both on O3DS and N3DS have bricked their consoles using this method. The OP is giving people false hope.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I didn't update my console yet, but I can give you some tips to avoid stupid bricks...

-Properly remove themehax before attempting to downgrade
-Use steveice's release, if something goes wrong, only 1 title will be lost, reducing the risk of bricking entirely your console.
-Make sure you've downloaded the correct update pack... check 20 times if needed, better safe than sorry
-Check the checksum of your update pack, and ask other people their checksum, they should be the same as yours (if they aren't, something is wrong)
-Use teracopy to transfer data from PC to SD to make sure nothing is corrupted
-Check again the checksum after you've transfered all the files to your SD card using 7zip checksum function for example (right click the folder, click "CRC SHA" and then sha-1). They must be the same
-And the best tips.... wait for a stable release !

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
At many points throughout this thread it has been pointed out that this is a risky endeavour that shouldn't be attempted without a hardmod. That however isn't going to stop people from trying, ignoring it and hoping it will go away isn't helping anybody. 34 successful downgrades and 3 bricks from GBATemp last I heard, that said you are risking your 3ds on this, especially n3ds.

Last edited by Santaros,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop