Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-236924

@TheStoneBanana You should add the md5sums of the zip packages from that iso site and a step to check that the downloaded zip is the correct one (by comparing the md5sums).
That's a good idea, and definitely should be done so you know you have the right update .cias to begin with, but if they get corrupted while transferring them over to the SD card you're in trouble.
I asked OP to include a suggestion in the OP to install TeraCopy and use it to copy the files over to the SD card, because it has a built-in option for comparing CRC after it transfers file. He didn't acknowledge my post at all though.

The first time I transferred my update .cias over to my SD card, one of them had a CRC mismatch. Second time I tried, one of them had a CRC mismatch again.
Third time, they all matched, and so I proceeded to downgrade and it worked fine. Who knows what would have happened if I had tried to downgrade when one of the update .cias got corrupted.
It could also happen to anyone. For all we know a lot of the bricks people have had so far were due to update .cias getting corrupted while moving them over to their SD card and we would have no way to know.

Garcia98

Hey! Listen!
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
That's a good idea, and definitely should be done so you know you have the right update .cias to begin with, but if they get corrupted while transferring them over to the SD card you're in trouble.
I asked OP to include a suggestion in the OP to install TeraCopy and use it to copy the files over to the SD card, because it has a built-in option for comparing CRC after it transfers file. He didn't acknowledge my post at all though.

The first time I transferred my update .cias over to my SD card, one of them had a CRC mismatch. Second time I tried, one of them had a CRC mismatch again.
Third time, they all matched, and so I proceeded to downgrade and it worked fine. Who knows what would have happened if I had tried to downgrade when one of the update .cias got corrupted.
It could also happen to anyone. For all we know a lot of the bricks people have had so far were due to update .cias getting corrupted while moving them over to their SD card and we would have no way to know.

You can copy the zip to the SD, check the md5sum there and then extract the files

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Checked all the checksums on the hard drive and SD, even after extracting.
Corrupted CIA's is not my problem here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now reboots in 10 seconds , and black screen i wait 5 minutes with black screen
Tke out SD card and reboot.

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hm, I replaced my menuhax folder with the latest one on yellows8's github, but running the installer for menuhax still tells me that it isnt working for >10.2 FW. Meh...

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try hard powering it off, and turn it back on without the SD card, insert the SD card, and change the theme. You should be o 9.2.
No, it softbricked again. As usual. Not even sure why i'm still trying.

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I already succeed downgrading my o3ds from 9.4 to 9.2
And now I'm trying to do the same with another o3ds 10.3, but the app freeze when I suppose to press Y...I've tried in another hax *browserhax, menuhax, ironhax, ninjhax* for about an hour now...

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH1Do1-qGBU