Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Konako

2B Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3 or 4 CIAs into installation, I was interrupted by a black error screen in the regular 3DS font saying something like:

"An error has occurred. Please hold the POWER button and try again later. If the problem continues, please contact help.nintendo.net for more information."

After that, I got a black screen that I don't think Recovery Mode works on. What should I do?

I tried:
Going into Recovery Mode (didn't seem to work)
Removing the SD and trying again (didn't seem to work)
Adding a blank SD (didn't work)

I'm on O3DS 10.3 with Menuhax.
Got the same problem everytime I downgrade Blackscreen error and need to update via the recovery mode
Tried 3 time (2 with Menuhax and 1 with Ironhax)

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I use recovery mode to recover eshop and system settings? I'm still on 10.3, at least I think so since I can't get to system settings to see lol

D

Deleted User

I believe I've tried everything. 3ds still won't boot. Is there any way to fix it?

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those who aren´t finding the files should check a thread which says only something like 4.X & 6.X backups .The title is missleading but you will in them there

Evoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
O3DS, got stuck on reboot screen, hard rebooted which lead to black screen. Tried turning on without sd card, still black screen. Tried recovery, still black screen. Any other options or is it bricked?
Anyone fixed this?

Ermelber

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Italy
So...I think I screwed it up. I was downgrading my o3ds 9.9U. After two successful cia installs, sys updater app asked me something "did you place it on the update folder?" or something like that (refferring to an optional cia (eshop)) after that, the process got stuck and I forcerebooted my 3ds.

Now I get a black screen everytime (with or without SD) and can't get recovery boot to work :c What can I do?

Same issue here. I'm on 10.3 eur old 3ds. I will check the checksum of the package tomorrow to see if it was its fault...

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WORKED! From 10.3.28U to 9.2! It didn't work using Menuhax, I tried 5 times. But when I used Cubic Ninja it worked first time, no blackscreens, no freezes, just love.

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After about 15 or so tries, I finally got it to load without glitched graphics via Menuhax, and the downgrading process on my USA O3DS 9.9 to 9.2 was successful.

However, something odd has happened. Whenever I open the System Settings, it remains loading indefinitely.
Anyone have any ideas why this may be happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...