Should titles that offer DSi enhancements be part of DS or DSi list?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shaunj66 said:
I think hybrid games (DS software that has DSi enhancements) should stay a part of the current DS release list (and numbering scheme) but we should implement a new info value for each release for "DSi Enhanced" software with a simple Yes/No answer. All the previous 3900 DS releases will automatically be set to "no" whereas the current and future hybrid titles should say Yes.

Software that is DSi ONLY should have a new numbering/release list.

This. I was just about to type this.

Iceclaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
shaunj66 said:
I think hybrid games (DS software that has DSi enhancements) should stay a part of the current DS release list (and numbering scheme) but we should implement a new info value for each release for "DSi Enhanced" software with a simple Yes/No answer. All the previous 3900 DS releases will automatically be set to "no" whereas the current and future hybrid titles should say Yes.

Software that is DSi ONLY should have a new numbering/release list.

This. I was just about to type this.
2nded.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I personally feel that DSi enhanced games should come up as DS games, but with having a seperate flag that states whether they're DSi enhanced or not.

D

Deleted-119707

nice poll. i voted for dsi BUT i think both tbh.( should of put both in the poll...)
the ds can play the dsi enhanced games withouth the enhancement.
dsi enhanced games should be spearated to we dont get mixed up between the two.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its primarily a DS game then it should be on the DS list, give it an icon or something though or a symbol in its name to indicate it has dsi enhancements though.

Lets face it, DSi "enhanced" games just mean it has a camera gimmick in there.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
As like most have said I agree DSi enhanced games should be classed as just DS but be identifiable as having extra DSi functionality.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
science said:
DS, with info stating that it has DSi functions
This seems to be the best option.
agreed. So many noobs overthrowing the votes. I really don't see the reasoning of keeping them in a DSi only category. That can confuse readers into thinking those games only work for DSi. Dsiware and DSi only games should be the ones in the DSi category.

philbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Put them in the ds list. Remember the dsi enhancements are likely to be a small part of any title, at least to begin with.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, almost everyone that has made a comment has suggested similar to what I proposed, yet the poll results are in favour of separating them into their own list. Are some people perhaps not reading the poll question properly, and assuming it's DSi-exclusive titles we're talking about?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well technically a DSi game can only run on a DSi, but i really don't think its worth making another list for them. What Shaunj66 mentioned eariler is our best bet.

Nintendo did this on purpose so it can cause chaos amongst the game dumpers, and how they should go arouund about it
smileipb2.png

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Hmm, almost everyone that has made a comment has suggested similar to what I proposed, yet the poll results are in favour of separating them into their own list. Are some people perhaps not reading the poll question properly, and assuming it's DSi-exclusive titles we're talking about?
There's also the possibility that people who roll in, vote, and leave are putting less thought into their decision than those who you know, read the topic and consider their position. Either way, the general consensus achieved in this topic will hopefully take precedence over the numbers sitting above it. 

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say for games that can be played on both, but could be enhanced on a DSi, its a DSi game because on a DS, it couldn't live up to its full potential.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IMO they should be in their own list, with a remark that theyre backwards compatible with the DS (for games which that applies).

The reason is simple; DSi games have their own serial numbering, and should as such be listed by themselves, imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5