Hacking Should I update my 5.3.2 Wii U to 5.5.1?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,557
  • Replies 38
D

Deleted-355425

OP
since updating to 5.5.1 from 5.3.2 my roms just load to the mii maker screen and do nothing, anyone know whats up with that?

edit: nvm i know what i did wrong.

Last edited by ,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend updating to 5.5.1 so any newer games that come out (like Zelda U) at least have a chance of working on 5.5.1
the reason for this is that newer games may make use of any features added between 5.3.2 and 5.5.1 (I am not sure what exactly was added) and crash and/or have issues running on 5.3.1 via spoofing.

With there being no offline updater, 5.5.1 may be not be possible to install in the future if 5.6.0 comes out until a game with 5.5.1 is released.

Last edited by driverdis,

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
All the guys that are working on the currently being worked on IOSU Exploit are on 5.5.1, and they say upgrade to 5.5.1 while you still can...
Probably because 5.5.1 will be the first supported firmware and other firmwares will be ported to later. ;)

Reactions: Deleted User

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, really.

Any private and unreleased exploits are still going to work on the latest firmware precisely because they are private and unreleased, and thus unpatched.

That's not necessarily true. If one person can find an exploit, someone else can too given time. Nintendo could find it on their own and patch it before the public even knew it existed. I'm pretty sure MS did something similar with an update, and eventually someone was able to take advantage of the exploit on machines that had not been updated yet giving us the JTAG console able to run unsigned code.

Reactions: samschaap

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a wii u on 5.3.2e and was thinking of upgrading to 5.5.1.
I have Tubehax dns installed.
Could someone kindly explain how firstly i can remove Tubehax dns and then find the files i need for Loadiine to work on 5.5.1?
Thanks

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a wii u on 5.3.2e and was thinking of upgrading to 5.5.1.
I have Tubehax dns installed.
Could someone kindly explain how firstly i can remove Tubehax dns and then find the files i need for Loadiine to work on 5.5.1?
Thanks
-Switch DNS obtain to automatic.
-Update
-Switch DNS to tubehax again to prevent possible further update.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
-Switch DNS obtain to automatic.
-Update
-Switch DNS to tubehax again to prevent possible further update.
Thanks depaul i self host my files.
Can you recommend a good place to get Loadiine files for 5.5.1?
Also i am still confused if i should update or stay on 5.3.2?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're welcome. I've updated from 5.3.2 too and AFAIK there is no difference between any hosting method between 5.3.2 and 5.5.1 (you can use loadiine GX2 and homebrew channel).
You can host the 'www' folder, or execute the exploite online (example: www.loadiine.ovh)
The only different thing is the exploit itself (invisible to the end user).

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're welcome. I've updated from 5.3.2 too and AFAIK there is no difference between any hosting method between 5.3.2 and 5.5.1 (you can use loadiine GX2 and homebrew channel).
You can host the 'www' folder, or execute the exploite online (example: www.loadiine.ovh)
The only different thing is the exploit itself (invisible to the end user).
Thanks again depaul.
Now to work out how to add tubehax again after i update.

Do i just put 107.211.140.065 in dns settings?

Last edited by shanefromoz,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. And leave the second dns blank
You should actually set the second DNS to 104.236.072.203. If tubehax ever goes down, there's a chance of you updating with the second DNS blank.

Edit: I was wrong about updating, but you should still set it up if you want internet all of the time.

Last edited by ADS3500,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should actually set the second DNS to 104.236.072.203. If tubehax ever goes down, there's a chance of you updating with the second DNS blank.
No there is not. If the second dns is blank your Internet connection will fail if tubehax goes down. No dns=no update. Simple as that. Your wii u cannot update without a working DNS

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i i self host files i should just replace the www files in the xampp folder is that correct?
Do i need to change files on my wii u sd card at all?
Thanks again

Last edited by shanefromoz,

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What? What are asking here? Replace what files?
My wii u is on 5.3.2 and i am updating to 5.5.1.
I would assume Loadiine would need different files.
I sef host so i am asking do i need to change files in xampp folder on pc and files on wii u internal sd card also?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii u is on 5.3.2 and i am updating to 5.5.1.
I would assume Loadiine would need different files.
I sef host so i am asking do i need to change files in xampp folder on pc and files on wii u internal sd card also?
okay that's the part you left off. You're updating to 5.5.1. What package are you using to self host? I have an AIO on the front page that works absolutely perfectly with 5.5.1. You can just download the www package without PC software update package and replace your www folder. In xamp you'll find it inside of your htdocs folder. If you're using my package and you just want to update to 2.0 then download the update and replace the files inside of \htdocs\Wiibrew\ folder with the ones in the www folder in the update.

If you are using my package and have more questions then just ask inside of my thread. No need to hijack this thread.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
No there is not. If the second dns is blank your Internet connection will fail if tubehax goes down. No dns=no update. Simple as that. Your wii u cannot update without a working DNS
That dns you quoted is as good as tubehax. It's called chncdcksn had & has been verified by most people here in this scene to work just as good as tubehax. If tubehax fails, it loads chncdcksn had as the second dns which does the exact same job.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That dns you quoted is as good as tubehax. It's called chncdcksn & has been verified by most people here in this scene to work just as good as tubehax. If tubehax fails, it loads chncdcksnhax second dns which does the exact same job.
Yes I know. But you're not going to get a system update if you have ONLY tubehax DNS installed and blank second DNS. First DNS will fail if Tubehax goes down and then Wii U will revert to backup DNS but it will be blank. No internet at this point. No system update.

Reactions: AboodXD and BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I know. But you're not going to get a system update if you have ONLY tubehax DNS installed and blank second DNS. First DNS will fail if Tubehax goes down and then Wii U will revert to backup DNS but it will be blank. No internet at this point. No system update.

True. I see now. Read the of his post saying leaving it blank can update... Nope!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...