ROM Hack Shin Atelier Rorona: Hajimari no Monogatari The Alchemist of Arland Translation?

Would you like a translated verion of this game

• Yes

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Don't bother - There's a high chance of localisation.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fluffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I'm pretty new to the forums, and have been thinking about starting a translation project for Atelier Rorona.
I've played some of the other versions, but never really got into them due to them being on the PS3, me having no time to sit down and play them, and not having a vita.
So with this new portable release on a console that I own, and enjoying what I've played so far. I wanted to gauge whether or not there was any interest in a translated version of this game.
I'm not really a programmer, so a lot of this stuff is quite new to me.
I've already witten a tool to extract the conversational text and insert edited text, and can confirm that the game does work with the edits, but before I really begin translating this game, I was wondering if anyone was actually interested in an english version of the game. Or would it ultimately be a waste of time considering most versions of this series have been localised, albeit they're playstation versions?

Reactions: Lycan911

Manki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why not. I'm busy working on another translation project at the moment, but if I had the time I could help you out with this.

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any translation is wanted in my book. A lot of these games don't come over anyway, so I'm all on board for a translation! Good luck, mate!

Fluffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I'll start a translating the game then.
I'll create a proper translation thread once I can get my edited images to display without crashing the game.

Fluffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, OP, I'm not sure if you've created your other thread yet, but just popping in here to say that I would be certainly interested in playing this translated title! :)

I haven't created it yet. Been a bit busy with work. I'm just need to finish writing the tools I need to extract images from a sarc container rebuild it with an edited image. EFE doesn't seem to get the entire image, as some of them only show part of the image, and others just won't show at all.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't created it yet. Been a bit busy with work. I'm just need to finish writing the tools I need to extract images from a sarc container rebuild it with an edited image. EFE doesn't seem to get the entire image, as some of them only show part of the image, and others just won't show at all.
If you need some help with proof reading or anything I'd be glad to lend a second pair of eyes. I'm sure it's loads of text. I don't know japanese though lol.

Fluffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you need some help with proof reading or anything I'd be glad to lend a second pair of eyes. I'm sure it's loads of text. I don't know japanese though lol.
Sure man that would be appreciated.

I've kind of run into a little problem though if anyone could help.
The game has a weird 70 character limit for each line of text, which makes it incredibly difficult to put a lot of English words in, and I can't figure out how to increase that limit.
After the 70th or so character it will no longer show any of the remaining text. So only the first and half the second line will show up.
If anyone could offer any advice, that would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.