Hacking Official ShadowNAND

Which path would you like ShadowNAND and SaltFW to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I will be releasing new versions of ShadowNAND and SaltFW soon, but I need input on which paths to use.

As everyone knows I used to prefer /homebrew/, however the scene's lack of enthusiasm and disorderliness tired me. So now I simply don't care. There's a big chance I'll make it use SD root, but I still wanted to ask the users before I went ahead and did it.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So, I will be releasing new versions of ShadowNAND and SaltFW soon, but I need input on which paths to use.

As everyone knows I used to prefer /homebrew/, however the scene's lack of enthusiasm and disorderliness tired me. So now I simply don't care. There's a big chance I'll make it use SD root, but I still wanted to ask the users before I went ahead and did it.

Actually the homebrew folder was such a good idea, however, you're right. Seems like nobody bothers to use it (or maybe it's just not advertised well). Anyway, I would like to suggest to use the Luma folder since I think luma3ds is the base firmware everybody is using but I see you're not using it. Maybe the root folder will be best (although messy *sigh*)

shawn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The root if not homebrew/
I still like the idea of keeping it off the root if possible, less messy :)
Thanks [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually the homebrew folder was such a good idea, however, you're right. Seems like nobody bothers to use it (or maybe it's just not advertised well). Anyway, I would like to suggest to use the Luma folder since I think luma3ds is the base firmware everybody is using but I see you're not using it. Maybe the root folder will be best (although messy *sigh*)
I have brought the topic up to lots of people, including profi2000, but they were less than happy about the change. So I give up.

Reactions: annson24

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I have brought the topic up to lots of people, including profi2000, but they were less than happy about the change. So I give up.

Heh. Whatever change you finally implement i'll carry with it, as always. There's no point on complaining. It's a shame devs in general haven't complied to a standard (specially now that d0k3 centralized fs usage to a files9 folder).

If you actually need a suggestion, change the path from /homebrew/3ds/ to /ShadowNAND as everyone is doing this days and let it be.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh. Whatever change you finally implement i'll carry with it, as always. There's no point on complaining. It's a shame devs in general haven't complied to a standard (specially now that d0k3 centralized fs usage to a files9 folder).

If you actually need a suggestion, change the path from /homebrew/3ds/ to /ShadowNAND as everyone is doing this days and let it be.
Thank you for the support. About the path; it'd cause more issues than it solves, actually. When the time comes for ShadowNAND to do splashes, of course it will use /ShadowNAND, but until then, I think I will stick to SD root.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any news shadowhand ?i always on shadownand since the beginning i love the boot.bin for luma and safeboot for ctrmultibootmanager thankssss

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I actually like /homebrew/ path. Mostly because I find it cleans up the root of my SD card a bit more.

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know if this is possible, but since there are 50% of people which like the /homebrew/ path and another 50% which like the root/arm9loaderhax.bin , wouldn't be possible, make two releases, for each path? I'm saying this, but I don't know if this is simple or not.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that the standard has already been established to keep the payload in the SD card root. Trying to change things at this point makes things more complicated, not more simple.

Well in any case, I don't think it's a major issue. Moving a single file to a different directory is something anyone can do.

I don't know if this is possible, but since there are 50% of people which like the /homebrew/ path and another 50% which like the root/arm9loaderhax.bin , wouldn't be possible, make two releases, for each path? I'm saying this, but I don't know if this is simple or not.

Maybe it could try different paths? i.e. try path 1, if there's no file there then try path 2, if there's no file there try path 3 etc. until it either locates a payload or falls back on the built in miniCFW. Overcomplicating things with multiple releases isn't much of a solution.

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The problem is that the standard has already been established to keep the payload in the SD card root. Trying to change things at this point makes things more complicated, not more simple.

Well in any case, I don't think it's a major issue. Moving a single file to a different directory is something anyone can do.

Maybe it could try different paths? i.e. try path 1, if there's no file there then try path 2, if there's no file there try path 3 etc. until it either locates a payload or falls back on the built in miniCFW. Overcomplicating things with multiple releases isn't much of a solution.
Yeah, your option is also good,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here