Hacking Official ShadowNAND

Which path would you like ShadowNAND and SaltFW to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually like /homebrew/ path. Mostly because I find it cleans up the root of my SD card a bit more.
I liked it as well, not because it's my idea or anything. :P But no dev ever wants to make changes because "it'd make things confusing" or "it sounds dumb". So I'm done.

Maybe it could try different paths? i.e. try path 1, if there's no file there then try path 2, if there's no file there try path 3 etc. until it either locates a payload or falls back on the built in miniCFW. Overcomplicating things with multiple releases isn't much of a solution.
Multiple releases means more shit to maintain, and I have real life responsibilities as well. Making it check a million paths is only slightly better, because that will increase payload size. I'll just go with SD root, but keep the bin file boot.bin. I've got a few ideas to check if possible to handle screeninit and a few other things better. Stay tuned.

Reactions: annson24

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I liked it as well, not because it's my idea or anything. :P But no dev ever wants to make changes because "it'd make things confusing" or "it sounds dumb". So I'm done.
Pouty pout, I liked the feature.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
No need to do that, in meanwhile you can make a directory for all ShadowNand stuff, probably "sd:shadownand/boot.bin" and "sd:shadownand/safe_mode.bin".
+1 for this. I don't want shadownand to be scattered with other stuffs as well. I like how when I want to look for shadownand files, I'll only look in a single folder.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 for this. I don't want shadownand to be scattered with other stuffs as well. I like how when I want to look for shadownand files, I'll only look in a single folder.
ShadowNAND uses two files anyway: boot.bin, and safe_mode.bin. When I add extra files to be read, they will be at sd:/ShadowNAND

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having problems updating my sysnand in both my 3ds and n3ds both on latest luma3ds and shadownand v0.85 intalled to v11.1, is anyone having the same issues? it says "unknonwn error"

Last edited by xabier,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Im having problems updating my sysnand in both my 3ds and n3ds both on latest luma3ds and shadownand v0.85 intalled to v11.1, is anyone having the same issues? it says "unknonwn error"
Do u have a modded home menu/font/power off menu?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was modded back in 10,3 times, but i updated to v11 without any issues. Anyway, i reinstalled original home menu on both consoles and updated to v11.1 without any issues

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It was modded back in 10,3 times, but i updated to v11 without any issues. Anyway, i reinstalled original home menu on both consoles and updated to v11.1 without any issues
yep, seems to be an issue with anyone who has custom HOME. I think I won't update to 11.1 for now cuz I don't want to have to modify Home again and cuz NTR doesn't yet work natively.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So if I already have A9LH installed can I still install this? I am currently on luma.
Yes. This IS A9LH. If I am not wrong, you install it the same way you'd install A9LH from SafeA9LHInstaller via payload.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh so do i have to restore my pre-A9LH nand backup and re do it? ew
No, just as with "regular" A9LH, you just install it.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes. This IS A9LH. If I am not wrong, you install it the same way you'd install A9LH from SafeA9LHInstaller via payload.

Shadownand has a separate installer, I suggest use it rather than the SafeA9LHInstaller. Both works just the same but I would suggest using the one meant for shadownand to be extra sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.