Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

Litodes

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
After the rednand dumper erases your SD and dumps the NAND onto it, you have to put your /wiiu/apps directory back onto it. If you did that, can you see the files on the SD?

The thing is, I thought there was a problem with the homebrew launcher files so I deleted and replaced everything... I think there was a NAND file but I didnt think it was important so I deleted it... what can I do?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, I thought there was a problem with the homebrew launcher files so I deleted and replaced everything... I think there was a NAND file but I didnt think it was important so I deleted it... what can I do?
You wouldn't normally be able to see the NAND dump. You'd have to go into disk management to delete it, so if you followed this instruction from the first post:
Copy everything from your sd card to somewhere and continue (redNAND only)

...then you have what you need to copy back to the SD. Just recopy the files to SD as instructed in this step:

Copy all the files back to your SD card, you should've backed them up.

richexpert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey there guys First off thank you very much for teh awesome guide @iAqua you made a great job!!!
now atm i have three questions ,
1- i bought ds game (zalda spirit track u) , i must download and install it with rednand active or i download it with no rednand loaded?
2- I have to keep the icons (mario kart, zelda etc) at the same place as rednand loaded? or doesnt matter?
3- today can we change haxchi icon to another place or have to keep it in the same place?

Thank you in adevice !

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
hey there guys First off thank you very much for teh awesome guide @iAqua you made a great job!!!
now atm i have three questions ,
1- i bought ds game (zalda spirit track u) , i must download and install it with rednand active or i download it with no rednand loaded?
2- I have to keep the icons (mario kart, zelda etc) at the same place as rednand loaded? or doesnt matter?
3- today can we change haxchi icon to another place or have to keep it in the same place?

Thank you in adevice !
1, doesn't matter, just make sure you do it in sysNAND. 2. No, it's fine. 3. Leave it in the same place on sysNAND, you can move it on redNAND.

Reactions: richexpert

richexpert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey there @iAqua , it is normal to have those screens for haxchi? it appears only when im at rednand mode
U3pOv5k.jpg

uYX7buW.jpg

Last edited by richexpert,

lsd447

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi just signed up cause i am having a problem getting wupinstaller to install the sysconfig tool files, im getting install error code 0xfffff825

got rednand created and backed it up already

Just tried a couple of different versions of wupinstaller and im getting told my memory card is wrong size and to reformat to 32kb

Last edited by lsd447,

gandalf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi

Thank you for this great guide...

I decided to with this guide after all, because to me it dated to a recent date....

https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-wiiu-softmod.455414/

Can you please tell me, I went for Method 2 CBHC.

All I have now on my WiiU main screen is all the previous stuff I had on there, but there is a DONT TOUCH icon there as well.

However, I was under the impression, that from now on I will be able access Homebrew Channel directly from the WiiU main menu? am I right?

Also, is there any way to tell that I am running on CBHC CFW now?

Cheers

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Thank you for this great guide...

I decided to with this guide after all, because to me it dated to a recent date....

https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-wiiu-softmod.455414/

Can you please tell me, I went for Method 2 CBHC.

All I have now on my WiiU main screen is all the previous stuff I had on there, but there is a DONT TOUCH icon there as well.

However, I was under the impression, that from now on I will be able access Homebrew Channel directly from the WiiU main menu? am I right?

Also, is there any way to tell that I am running on CBHC CFW now?

Cheers
If you see the coldboothax messages on boot, you're in the cfw if it just boots to sysmenu. And you can install a homebrew channel rpx, download this and install it with wup installer.

gandalf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for a super quick reply.

So this file just goes in the "install" folder on the SD root?

Cheers

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i just installed haxchi,and then coldboot.
but i want homebrew loader on the menu,is that possible?
now i have a folder with dont touch me,if i click on it i see haxchi-something about coldboot hax and then back to home menu.
i set it up to boot to sysnand,i dont have rednand.
can i install the homebrew channel?
just installed channel version to sysnand.
hbl works fine,rebooted and tryed vc games,also working,so coldboot hax working fine here.
its simple,but good reading today on the forum helped.
me happy now.

Last edited by fille,
Reactions: iAqua

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, since vWii will not boot from RedNAND, and I want the Wii U to boot straight into RedNAND, is there a way to switch to SysNAND when you want to launch vWii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory