Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... so in order to get this properly working (and to add to the redNAND), you need to unlink the nands by formatting the sysNAND, thereby requiring you to use the web browser anytime you want to play all your backups (on a fresh restart)? I understand that this allows for vc injects and out of region games, but overall, I don't have too many of those at the moment, it may be in my best interest to stick with installing titles to my USB drive on the SysNAND, as those games are readily accessible on any fresh restart. And then injects and the like can still be accessed by caffeiine since you'd still need to use the web browser regardless.

If however we get to a point where we can boot directly into redNAND on any restart, I may become more interested.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm... so in order to get this properly working (and to add to the redNAND), you need to unlink the nands by formatting the sysNAND, thereby requiring you to use the web browser anytime you want to play all your backups (on a fresh restart)? I understand that this allows for vc injects and out of region games, but overall, I don't have too many of those at the moment, it may be in my best interest to stick with installing titles to my USB drive on the SysNAND, as those games are readily accessible on any fresh restart. And then injects and the like can still be accessed by caffeiine since you'd still need to use the web browser regardless.

If however we get to a point where we can boot directly into redNAND, I may become more interested.
You don't need to unlink, it'll work perfectly fine without unlinking.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to unlink, it'll work perfectly fine without unlinking.

your first post had said (you must have edited): Don't update your redNAND if you don't unlink. Why is that true? And if it isn't why did it say that? Just curious, I don't want to mess anything up if I do do this.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
your first post had said (you must have edited): Don't update your redNAND if you don't unlink. Why is that true? And if it isn't why did it say that? Just curious, I don't want to mess anything up if I do do this.
You may brick if you update redNAND, but you don't even have to update atm since 5.5.1 is the latest firmware, don't worry about formatting sysNAND. I didn't do it and I'm messing around with sysConfig.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't update your redNAND if you don't unlink? Why is that true? And if it isn't why did it say that? Just curious, I don't want to mess anything up if I do do this.
Honestly, updating is still up in the air.
I keep hearing different information from different people.
Until we actually get an update, we don't know what does what.
Whether or not unlinking actually helps.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may brick if you update redNAND, but you don't even have to update atm since 5.5.1 is the latest firmware, don't worry about formatting sysNAND. I didn't do it and I'm messing around with sysConfig.

Oh sorry, I was misunderstanding what you meant by update. I thought if I "updated" my redNAND by adding titles to it that I don't add to the linked sysNAND could have caused issues or something. What you're saying makes more sense haha.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Oh sorry, I was misunderstanding what you meant by update. I thought if I "updated" my redNAND by adding titles to it that I don't add to the linked sysNAND could have caused issues or something. What you're saying makes more sense haha.
Haha, it's all fine.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copy any ticket and just write it to 0s or leave it. It needs to be there and be formatted correctly, but it doesn't decrypt it.
Really? Seems like DLC might still be a no go then.
I tried doing something similar to that with DLC, yet it wouldn't install (with sysconfigtool).

Hadobedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I set up redNAND by compiling the files, and running the CFW Booter and it dumped fine. However, when I try to launch the CFW Booter after the format/NAND backup from the HBMenu, it just leaves me at the "Wii U Menu" screen. Do I just let it sit?

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I set up redNAND by compiling the files, and running the CFW Booter and it dumped fine. However, when I try to launch the CFW Booter after the format/NAND backup from the HBMenu, it just leaves me at the "Wii U Menu" screen. Do I just let it sit?
Create a folder and turn off the Wii U. If the redNAND was successful you won't see that folder on reboot, but once you load up redNAND again you'll see it.

Hadobedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Create a folder and turn off the Wii U. If the redNAND was successful you won't see that folder on reboot, but once you load up redNAND again you'll see it.
Hmm, am I supposed to see like "redNAND booting" thing when I launch CFW Booter? Or should I boot it, wait a min or two, turn off my Wii U and turn it back on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol