Hacking Setting up private header on Sky3ds+ with a .bin file....

n00bdragon88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Problem:

I currently have two consoles on my hands: my niece's unmodded one and my own with cfw.
I also have a sky3ds+ flashcard (two orange buttons) from pre-ntrboot days which I no longer use.

I want to give the flashcard to my niece so she could play games on her "clean" console easily without the need for CFW (It's more convenient for her to have a "plug and play" solution than a CFW).
I decided to set up a private header for her not to get banned while online.

So I dumped a header from a cartridge I own with GodMode9 on my CFW console and it saved it in a form of a .bin file.
I know I'm supposed to paste a 16 byte string of characters to the "settings" file on the Sky3ds's microsd for it to apply to the games, but where do I find the string?

Should I open my .bin header with a Hex editor? How to know which string is the correct one?

Or maybe there is another way to set up a private header on Sky3ds+ using only cfw console, legit game cartridge and a flashcard itself without using powersaves/gateway or anything like that?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem:

I currently have two consoles on my hands: my niece's unmodded one and my own with cfw.
I also have a sky3ds+ flashcard (two orange buttons) from pre-ntrboot days which I no longer use.

I want to give the flashcard to my niece so she could play games on her "clean" console easily without the need for CFW (It's more convenient for her to have a "plug and play" solution than a CFW).
I decided to set up a private header for her not to get banned while online.

So I dumped a header from a cartridge I own with GodMode9 on my CFW console and it saved it in a form of a .bin file.
I know I'm supposed to paste a 16 byte string of characters to the "settings" file on the Sky3ds's microsd for it to apply to the games, but where do I find the string?

Should I open my .bin header with a Hex editor? How to know which string is the correct one?

Or maybe there is another way to set up a private header on Sky3ds+ using only cfw console, legit game cartridge and a flashcard itself without using powersaves/gateway or anything like that?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Install CFW and get rid of that big headache

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

n00bdragon88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Install CFW and get rid of that big headache
Thanks, I already have a CFW console and quite happy with it.
My niece, on the other hand, couldn't be bothered with all that (getting CFW, installing FBI, installing every game as a cia, which takes quite a while, by the way, and also making sure Luma and all other software is up to date etc., etc.)

So I decided, since I already have a Sky3ds+ which I don't need, I could give it to her so she could "plug and play" games on her clean console without having to bother with all the other stuff.

Guess will use CFW on her 3ds as a last resort))

Last edited by n00bdragon88,

marcosfull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello!
In my modified Old3DS I loaded an original physical game (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon), entered "godmode9", and the script "Dump CTR Cartridge Priv. Header.gm9". I chose "Execute gm9 script" and saved the file "Private-Header_000.bin", which on the PC I opened with "HxD". I copied the 16 pairs of characters that are before the "Fs" begin and pasted them after the text line DEFAULT_GAMESAVE_KEY= from the file "settings.txt" of the sky3ds+ SD (without spaces). You need to delete all the .sav files that you have created (with the sky3ds+) before you have placed your private header in the "settings.txt" file, otherwise you will get "Error: 002-0123"
Marcos (Argentina)
captura-png.180024

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44