Homebrew Setting Up a Partition for Wii U

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find anything recent on this subject so I wanted to ask, is this possible yet? I have 1TB portable hard drive and there is no way I'm gonna fill it up.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
better than nothing. Is there a guide to it or does it automatically just work?
Games can't be installed directly onto the FAT32 HDD, they have to be installed onto internal storage or another HDD/flash drive and then moved over either with ftpiiu_everywhere, wupserver or by dumping the contents of the WFS drive on a PC. As well as that, due to the slow speed some games don't work well with this method (BotW is almost unplayable due to load times), the speeds are similar to that of Loadiine.
Most games will work fine once installed though, just installing them is a pain.
I don't know if there's a guide for it but I think you need a special FAT32 version of Mocha as it's not included in the regular version.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games can't be installed directly onto the FAT32 HDD, they have to be installed onto internal storage or another HDD/flash drive and then moved over either with ftpiiu_everywhere, wupserver or by dumping the contents of the WFS drive on a PC. As well as that, due to the slow speed some games don't work well with this method (BotW is almost unplayable due to load times), the speeds are similar to that of Loadiine.
Most games will work fine once installed though, just installing them is a pain.
I don't know if there's a guide for it but I think you need a special FAT32 version of Mocha as it's not included in the regular version.
so you can't have both a FAT32 partition and a WFS partition on the hard drive at the same time?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so you can't have both a FAT32 partition and a WFS partition on the hard drive at the same time?
Nope. It's probably best to use a SD card for Wii/GC games and a HDD just for Wii U.
However, you can convert Wii (and I think GC) games to Wii VC format now so you can run Wii games from a WFS HDD.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. It's probably best to use a SD card for Wii/GC games and a HDD just for Wii U.
However, you can convert Wii (and I think GC) games to Wii VC format now so you can run Wii games from a WFS HDD.
yeah that's how I do it now. If you can provide the iso, you can just get the vc versions of Gamecube games using Wii U USB Helper. Wii vc are also on there too.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that's how I do it now. If you can provide the iso, you can just get the vc versions of Gamecube games using Wii U USB Helper. Wii vc are also on there too.
legally we cannot provide an iso though you can download the wbfs file(wii game file format) through usb loader gx in the vwii then just use program like wii backup manager to convert them to iso's

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
legally we cannot provide an iso though you can download the wbfs file(wii game file format) through usb loader gx in the vwii then just use program like wii backup manager to convert them to iso's
I know that. I don't need one just that's how you do it.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
surprised no progress has been made on this yet, with having cfw available and all

Has there since been any developments in this area? Is the Wii u a different format from the Wii? If not can't you use wbfs manager or Wii backup manager and format a single partition and leave the other fat32?

I'm guessing probably not as hundreds of people will have tried?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think