Homebrew Setting Up a Partition for Wii U

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find anything recent on this subject so I wanted to ask, is this possible yet? I have 1TB portable hard drive and there is no way I'm gonna fill it up.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
better than nothing. Is there a guide to it or does it automatically just work?
Games can't be installed directly onto the FAT32 HDD, they have to be installed onto internal storage or another HDD/flash drive and then moved over either with ftpiiu_everywhere, wupserver or by dumping the contents of the WFS drive on a PC. As well as that, due to the slow speed some games don't work well with this method (BotW is almost unplayable due to load times), the speeds are similar to that of Loadiine.
Most games will work fine once installed though, just installing them is a pain.
I don't know if there's a guide for it but I think you need a special FAT32 version of Mocha as it's not included in the regular version.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games can't be installed directly onto the FAT32 HDD, they have to be installed onto internal storage or another HDD/flash drive and then moved over either with ftpiiu_everywhere, wupserver or by dumping the contents of the WFS drive on a PC. As well as that, due to the slow speed some games don't work well with this method (BotW is almost unplayable due to load times), the speeds are similar to that of Loadiine.
Most games will work fine once installed though, just installing them is a pain.
I don't know if there's a guide for it but I think you need a special FAT32 version of Mocha as it's not included in the regular version.
so you can't have both a FAT32 partition and a WFS partition on the hard drive at the same time?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so you can't have both a FAT32 partition and a WFS partition on the hard drive at the same time?
Nope. It's probably best to use a SD card for Wii/GC games and a HDD just for Wii U.
However, you can convert Wii (and I think GC) games to Wii VC format now so you can run Wii games from a WFS HDD.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. It's probably best to use a SD card for Wii/GC games and a HDD just for Wii U.
However, you can convert Wii (and I think GC) games to Wii VC format now so you can run Wii games from a WFS HDD.
yeah that's how I do it now. If you can provide the iso, you can just get the vc versions of Gamecube games using Wii U USB Helper. Wii vc are also on there too.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that's how I do it now. If you can provide the iso, you can just get the vc versions of Gamecube games using Wii U USB Helper. Wii vc are also on there too.
legally we cannot provide an iso though you can download the wbfs file(wii game file format) through usb loader gx in the vwii then just use program like wii backup manager to convert them to iso's

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
legally we cannot provide an iso though you can download the wbfs file(wii game file format) through usb loader gx in the vwii then just use program like wii backup manager to convert them to iso's
I know that. I don't need one just that's how you do it.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
surprised no progress has been made on this yet, with having cfw available and all

Has there since been any developments in this area? Is the Wii u a different format from the Wii? If not can't you use wbfs manager or Wii backup manager and format a single partition and leave the other fat32?

I'm guessing probably not as hundreds of people will have tried?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended