Hacking Self host from wiiu any size sd card(fully self contained)

Kiba95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So i've been reading this post for a while now, and haven't really seen anything "super negative" about it as of yet, but wanted to make sure that I dotted all my eyes and crossed all my tease.

With this solution, I would be able to "from a brand new wii u on firmware 5.3.2" set up all of this, and get this going (within reason) in an hour or so?
Yes, considering that you know how to do all the steps required (how to mount, how to winscp, how to change file, etc.)
Read my posts in the topic for additional info on how I configured it.
Any doubts? Ask here.

xman099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After flashed openwrt, can I still use it as a wifi card reader? What is the the id address to the card content?Thanks a lot.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If i plug device into pc, windows find usb device, show me my sd if i have sd in it, led burns constantly (not blinkig) and then after 2-3 seconds windows unplug device (maybe cannot initialize, bootloop, something else...). Same happens in powerbank...
Looks like I suffered the same misfortune as you... :sad: After flashing openwrt, the zsun seems to be bricked. Exactly the same symptoms as you. When plugged anywhere, the LED will turn on for about 2 seconds, (acting as a USB stick when plugged in the computer) but then it turns itself off. Luckily, I bought two, so my plan is to try to backup the original firmware from the other zsun, and then reflash the bricked one. Hopefully the firmware is not tied to a specific unit. I know I should have backed up the firmware on my first zsun before flashing, but the risks of bricking seemed reasonably slim. I was wrong! :angry: I will post back later this week with results.

Edit: Here are the results: there seems to be no way of unbricking my first zsun unit besides hardmodding it. Considering it's a $12 device, I don't feel like wasting time and efforts on this. I just decided to order a couple more. My second unit flashed fine to openwrt using another method. So for anyone ready to flash openwrt, be aware that this method worked for me:

http://www.coyne.nu/blog/2016/01/31/installing-openwrt-on-the-zsun-wifi-card-reader-from-windows/

And the following method bricked my first zsun wifi memory card reader:

https://wiki.hackerspace.pl/projects:zsun-wifi-card-reader:factory-update

Of course, your mileage may vary. Good luck to all !

Last edited by Dust2dust,

Testo90

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Someone got it to work on a EU Wii U 5.5.1?? Got the Zsun with Openwrt and PHP installed, but Kaflukes AIO Package doesnt work for me. Everytime i want to start the Expolit im getting an error...

Edit: When im home i try to remove the 3 https links from config file.

Last edited by Testo90,
Reactions: lordelan

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone got it to work on a EU Wii U 5.5.1?? Got the Zsun with Openwrt and PHP installed, but Kaflukes AIO Package doesnt work for me. Everytime i want to start the Expolit im getting an error...

Edit: When im home i try to remove the 3 https links from config file.

From what I read in my thread the zsun only works with mp4 links (with my aio)

kimchee2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello

Nice thread

If you want more space using your mSD as root filesystem
( all our files on the mSD)
More info :
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/extroot

What I did :

- format the micro sd ext3 or ext4 (I use ext3)

- Go to OpenWRT WebUI/system/Mounts Points
Device /dev/sda1
Mount Point : Use as root filesystem

- Click Save (only, do not apply ! )

- In ssh:
mkdir -p /tmp/introot
mkdir -p /tmp/extroot
mount --bind / /tmp/introot
mount /dev/sda1 /tmp/extroot
tar -C /tmp/introot -cvf - . | tar -C /tmp/extroot -xf -
## Check any errors
umount /tmp/introot
umount /tmp/extroot

- Now Click Save and Apply
- then Go to System/Reboot

Useful info in order to reset openwrt for Zsun :
https://www.reddit.com/r/openwrt/comments/475yds/zsun_openwrt_accidentally_disabled_the_wifi/
  1. Remove the SD card while power's off.
  2. Power on and repeatedly insert/remove the SD card until the LED blinks FASTER than normal bootup.
  3. Connect to the newly reset OpenWRT network and quickly set a password and adjust the Wifi network settings.

Some other tuto :
https://forum.piratebox.cc/read.php?22,16780

Last edited by kimchee2000,
Reactions: lordelan

ArPae

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thank you, Zsun work great for me. (5.5.1). I use static html payload.

kimchee2000 thank you very much, you help my life with reset method for Zsun's openwrt.

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one of these for this but I have no idea what I'm doing. I have no idea what "Create .update directory on Zsun SMB/Windows Share" means. Am I just stupid?

Kiba95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I bought one of these for this but I have no idea what I'm doing. I have no idea what "Create .update directory on Zsun SMB/Windows Share" means. Am I just stupid?
For Zsun SMB/Windows Share, first you have to mount a shared drive from ZSUN sd card:
\\10.168.168.1\
\\10.168.168.1\public

If asked, login is "admin" and password is also "admin".

Make sure that the directory name you create on Windows is ".update." (yes, there are two dots symbols!)

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For Zsun SMB/Windows Share, first you have to mount a shared drive from ZSUN sd card:
\\10.168.168.1\
\\10.168.168.1\public

If asked, login is "admin" and password is also "admin".

Make sure that the directory name you create on Windows is ".update." (yes, there are two dots symbols!)

Thanks I got that sorted now but I'm still confused, if I uploaded the "wiiu-payloads-master" folder to the "/root" folder what url should I be typing into my WiiU?

Kiba95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks I got that sorted now but I'm still confused, if I uploaded the "wiiu-payloads-master" folder to the "/root" folder what url should I be typing into my WiiU?
Well, first of all, under "/www" folder on ZSUN rename the original index.html into config.html -- to avoid accidentally overwriting the original index.html which is used for OpenWRT admin ui web console.
So when you need next time to configure your OpenWRT on ZSUN you can use 192.168.1.1/config.html

Then take the contents of "wiiu-payloads-master\www\" folder and copy them into "/www" folder on ZSUN.
There is already index.html inside, so this will be your new default when you go to 192.168.1.1 on your WiiU browser.

Use: 192.168.1.1 on WiiU to connect to page with buttons for {Loadiine GX2} | {HB Launcher}

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to "make site". Anyone can link to video tutorial of making a simple site for

"3.)create new site in winscp with these settings:
use openwrt address as hostname (mines default at 192.168.1.1)
use port 22
scp protocol
username should be "root"
password is whatever u set as web interface password"

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Big problem here... I tried to connect openwrt to my iphone since I had problems with my home router. Now, the AP is disabled and my zsun only act as a client to connect to my phone hotspot. I was able to get the ip of the zsun from my phone but can't connect to it via chrome or safari. When I open my personal hotspot, I see that my zsun is connected. I also tried to change my home router ssid for the same as my phone, but no luck, the zsun won't connect to my router. Any idea?

Kiba95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't know how to "make site". Anyone can link to video tutorial of making a simple site for
Why do you need to create a new site? There is no need for this in my opinion.
Just use the one which is already there on ZSUN OpenWRT

first of all, under "/www" folder on ZSUN rename the original index.html into config.html -- to avoid accidentally overwriting the original index.html which is used for OpenWRT admin ui web console.
(to configure your OpenWRT on ZSUN you can use 192.168.1.1/config.html)

Then take the contents of "wiiu-payloads-master\www\" folder and copy them into "/www" folder on ZSUN.
There is already index.html inside, so this will be your new default when you go to 192.168.1.1 on your WiiU browser.

Use: 192.168.1.1 on WiiU to connect to page with buttons for {Loadiine GX2} | {HB Launcher}

Reactions: tivu100

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

"3.)create new site in winscp with these settings:
use openwrt address as hostname (mines default at 192.168.1.1)
use port 22
scp protocol
username should be "root"
password is whatever u set as web interface password"

The thing is that in winscp, the connection is called "site" I think. You use winscp to connect to the zsun and put your files in it in the "www" folder. The parameters you named are for winscp application on windows.

As exemple, let's say you put the folder "wiiu" with the file "index.html" in it to the zsun's "www" folder, you will be able to see that file on your wiiu at this address: http://192.168.1.1/wiiu/index.html

Hope that helps.

I suggest you to create a folder in the "www" folder for the payloads. This way, you will be able to connect to openwrt in the future. If you replace the index.html of openwrt, you won't be able to change openwrt's parameters.

Big problem here... I tried to connect openwrt to my iphone since I had problems with my home router. Now, the AP is disabled and my zsun only act as a client to connect to my phone hotspot. I was able to get the ip of the zsun from my phone but can't connect to it via chrome or safari. When I open my personal hotspot, I see that my zsun is connected. I also tried to change my home router ssid for the same as my phone, but no luck, the zsun won't connect to my router. Any idea?
I got the solution on another website if someone have the same problem. Here is how to reset OpenWRT config:
  1. Remove the SD card while power's off.

2. Power on and repeatedly insert/remove the SD card until the LED blinks FASTER than normal bootup.

3. Connect to the newly reset OpenWRT network and quickly set a password and adjust the Wifi network settings.
Hope that could help someone!!

Last edited by jazzeux,
Reactions: tivu100

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean that i can't find openwrt anymore.

Edit:reset was to pull out and in the sd while start up.
fund the problem now: the zsun card don't get any ip from my main internet source(router)?
Found another solution for this problem too for those who want to use their home network but have this problem (like I did). I couldn't ping internet from my home network since my asus router had the same ip as the zsun. I change my zsun's ip to the following "192.168.1.99". If you want to do so:
  1. Login to zsun
  2. Go to Network - Interface
  3. Click "edit" button next to the Lan connection
  4. Change the IPv4 address to "192.168.1.99"
  5. Save and Apply
  6. Note that you will have to type "192.168.1.99" instead of "192.168.1.1" to connect to your device

Last edited by jazzeux,

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I received my second Zsun. Unfortunately, I got the error code "1" (invalid version) when I try to update OpenWRT. Anyone have this problem?

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
network noob help required

wanted to give this a shot despite ZERO networking knowledge.
I have a zsun, miscroSD card and PC running win7 pro with ethernet (wired) bband.
I am stuck at the first steps :( ..........

in flashing OpenWRT, tutorial states:

1. Insert FAT32-formatted microSD card (128MB is more than enough) is this inserted into zsun or PC?
  2. Connect to WiFi what wifi? my router from my PC?
  3. http://10.168.168.1:8080/goform/Setcardworkmode?workmode=0 where / what is this?
  4. Create .update directory on Zsun SMB/Windows Share (on Windows call it .update... I assume this is on PC?

Last edited by fatherjack, , Reason: clarity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc