Hacking Self host from wiiu any size sd card(fully self contained)

drizztbsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unluckily the mp4 hack strongly depends on latency, network, webserver, etc.
you can try to bookmarks directly payload550.mp4 or to change mtu settings of your wiiu.
if you have white screen it may be the SD card instead

I read about MTU but found nothing that helped. (any thoughts?)

Directly bookmarked MP4's = no change.

I dont even get white screen, just freeze at mp4 loading video player thingy.

Thanks for the input.

Kiba95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Keep trying... the hack is unstable and it can fail 5 times in a row
Maybe it works on ez share too... considering that other users are reporting its working on ez share

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
considering that other users are reporting its working on ez share

Which users? (@NexoCube ??)

I have tried A LOT.

I have a 5.3.2 set up working perfectly so I know how to do this sort if thing, I just haven't found a working payload for 5.5.1 yet (online method works first time everytime: I just want it self hosted on EZ share too.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
some people reports that homebrew launcher starts better, so maybe try to start also it

Yep thats the first port of call I tested. Ive tried everything from dimoks pages, 0 success with ez share on 5.5.1.

It's particularly odd and frustrating that I have astounding boot success on 5.3.2 selfhosting and absolute zero on 5.5.1

Kiba95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yep thats the first port of call I tested. Ive tried everything from dimoks pages, 0 success with ez share on 5.5.1.

It's particularly odd and frustrating that I have astounding boot success on 5.3.2 selfhosting and absolute zero on 5.5.1
I feel your pain, man
Sorry, I don't own ez share and can't really advise anything
I would check with other ez share owners though.

BossRoss93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey KiiWii, I am having the same damn issues. Have you gotten anywhere on it yet?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
I read about MTU but found nothing that helped. (any thoughts?)

Thanks for the input.

Good morning,

I tried several MTU changes but didn't do the trick... in the end I ordered a Zsun Wifi microSD reader and installed OpenWRT to it. Even with OpenWRT, static html is not working for me. What is working is the php containing versions, I can zip my SD structure and OpenWRT WWW folder and send it if you want ( this afternoon, I am at work right now ).

Once Zsun Wifi microSD reader has been flashed with OpenWRT ( a bit of a pain because the preferred method didn't work for me, I had to use the telnet/socat method ) and configured, the setup is quite stable and the little device is a small wonder too.

Reactions: KiiWii and lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good morning,

I tried several MTU changes but didn't do the trick... in the end I ordered a Zsun Wifi microSD reader and installed OpenWRT to it. Even with OpenWRT, static html is not working for me. What is working is the php containing versions, I can zip my SD structure and OpenWRT WWW folder and send it if you want ( this afternoon, I am at work right now ).

Once Zsun Wifi microSD reader has been flashed with OpenWRT ( a bit of a pain because the preferred method didn't work for me, I had to use the telnet/socat method ) and configured, the setup is quite stable and the little device is a small wonder too.
I struggled with OpenWRT installation a lot. Now I flashed two ZSUN sticks and am really used to it. It's kinda easy. Without Telnet/Socat. Did it once from Windows and even once from my Android phone.
If anyone here needs any help with OpenWRT flashing just let me know.

Reactions: Inaki

mac033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,

like @Inaki said after u get openwrt ur golden theres like 8+ http servers you can use including full on apache. just fidlling to get ur best setup

Reactions: Inaki and lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's the old guide with PHP, not the new one :)
This thread is some days old already and for me (I'm on 5.3.2) does the old exploit which needs PHP work far better.
However: I stated in that thread that 5.5.x users can ignore the PHP part. :)

Edit: Mentioned it in OP nevertheless now. ;)

Last edited by lordelan,

drizztbsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The old exploit (5.3.2) does NOT need PHP at all
This thread is some days old already and for me (I'm on 5.3.2) does the old exploit which needs PHP work far better.
However: I stated in that thread that 5.5.x users can ignore the PHP part. :)

Edit: Mentioned it in OP nevertheless now. ;)

The old payload (5.3.2) doesn't need PHP at all since it's a plain HTML file. The PHP is only used to generate mp4 files (aka for 5.5.x)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The old exploit (5.3.2) does NOT need PHP at all

The old payload (5.3.2) doesn't need PHP at all since it's a plain HTML file. The PHP is only used to generate mp4 files (aka for 5.5.x)
That might be true but since I had problems installing php5 back then I tried without and never had success with my Wii U.
After installing php5 it worked in an instant and works 9.5 out of 10 times now.
All this exploit stuff is very random and very console depending as it seems.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kiba95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Anyone have the original index.html from the zsun device after the openwrt was installed in the WWW folder?
Here you are.
Inside, there is a renamed index.html to config.html
192.168.1.1/config.html -- I use when I need to get to OpenWRT admin web-console.
My default index.html is for HBL/Loadiine links (with static payloads)

Attachments

• config.zip
    445 bytes · Views: 161

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k