Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
TwinRetro said:
It's already been discussed, and no it won't be, nor will it be logical to do so. If 32GB isn't enough for you to use on a HANDHELD system, there is seriously something wrong with you.

Besides the only reason for this would be for the possibility of piracy...why would Nintendo support that?

Games are 2GB, and future games will be up to 8GB..

...and soon, higher capacity cards will become more abundant and common...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
meh. It's all about updating the SD loaders of carts.. If they're updatable (which I doubt), then microSDXC could be available for all carts available now..

-Qtis

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
lol twidz notice i said in the post tht i want to prove a point so i can twist it to my favor hehe
still i dont think ppl will go for SDXC at the beginning but when games get many or larger... i mainly wanted ppl to get more acquainted with the SDXC prices and abilities thts all

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, SDXC and SDHC are electronically identical. The only difference is that the standard filesystem on SDXC is exFAT, also known as FAT64 which only Microsoft knows how to handle. That is only the case because Winblows refuses to format any drive larger than 32GB as FAT32. All you have to do to get a 1TB SDHC card is to take a 1TB SDXC card (once they are out) and use fat32format/guiformat to reformat it to FAT32.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jonesman99 said:
1) The overall cost to input SDXC capable card readers into the 3DS would greatly increase, meaning that they might have been taking a loss with each unit sold.
SD protocols are often implemented in software actually and so the only change would be an update to the software or the FPGA core. The difference there would actually be the cost in licensing the SDHC/SDXC protocols, but I'm guessing cheapo chinese manufacturers don't do that.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if they made a 128gb Micro SDXC, and a flash cart with support for that. Then that should suffice.
there should be plenty of room for:
-games

-.mkv movies(assuming a player is made)

-music library

-& the rest as regular disc space

with that much space, I'd want the 3ds to be able to read multiple partitions.

offtopic: It would be cool if flash cart makers could make a 3D menu for the 3DS.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
ChrisRX said:
jonesman99 said:
1) The overall cost to input SDXC capable card readers into the 3DS would greatly increase, meaning that they might have been taking a loss with each unit sold.
SD protocols are often implemented in software actually and so the only change would be an update to the software or the FPGA core. The difference there would actually be the cost in licensing the SDHC/SDXC protocols, but I'm guessing cheapo chinese manufacturers don't do that.

An update would only be required if the cart's firmware artificially limits the size of SDHC cards to 32GB. Of course, that would mean using something like fat32format to reformat the SDXC card to FAT32 instead of exFAT but that shouldn't be a big deal if you are using (and updating) a DS/DSi/3DS flash cart in the first place. Let me repeat that, the ONLY difference between SDHC and SDXC is the filesystem used by default and the only SDHC size limits are those imposed (if any) by the firmware of the device you are using it with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1