YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wondering what the difference is between these two emulators? which has better compatibility and better GUI etc.

currently in the middle of making a big arcade cabinet with the wii being used as the arcade machine emulator (i'm aware that the wii version of mame isn't built well enough to play all games yet haha) and have taken apart 2 gamecube controllers to use as the joysticks and all buttons (coins, button 1, button 2 etc) but i wont be using the left stick of the GC controller which i think SDL MAME 0.125 uses to navigate the rom selection and controls menu, is there a way to configure the menus to use the D-pad instead in the config files or something?

i understand that SDL MAME 0.6 already uses the D-pad to navigate menus so thats great, can navigate everything from the control panel of the machine if i can get it to work properly
tongue.gif

thanks alot, i'll be posting pictures and such here or in a new thread when the cabinet is finished, not too far off now, just need the controllers soldering and a screen that fits the cab!
biggrin.gif

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The old 0.125 released is based off of GC-Linux, and has atrocious load times.

The newer SDL MAME Wii has sane load times, but can't play all ROMs, due to lack of memory and support for those ROMs being left out for memory reasons. It's also ported from MAME 0.134u4 instead of 0.125.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so it'd be a good decision to work off both then, i take it that 0.125, even though it has horrible loading times, has better compatibility than 0.6? i could use 0.6 if i wanted a quick show off
yaynds.gif

i'll check out the controller config when i download everything, i've heard its a real ballache haha

thanks for the reply by the way
smile.gif

EDIT: can't get the simpsons arcade 2P version to work, i understand that i needed the parent (4 player version) so i got it, loads up to the eeprom check screen and on the 2P version it resets the wii, on the 4P version it finishes that then says something else but then resets as 2p does.

any ideas?

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do know that all the classic games were flawlessly with .6 version. I know all the versions of The Simpsons do work. Once you get all the controls saved its pretty sweet. Good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.