Rikku2000

Game Devloper
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dont Need its allready in the sdl package include.

but for upcomming updates you can put it into sdl/external/libctru

garrlker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Also, the sprite was flickering or having some weird defect if it was on the left side of the screen(the effect got worse as it got farther left). And the system force restarted when I exited.

Rikku2000

Game Devloper
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gif are supported but not animated gifs.

@garrlker i Thing if you remove the SDL_Quit it will go back. i cant say how it work on an 3DS sorry...

garrlker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gif are supported but not animated gifs.

@garrlker i Thing if you remove the SDL_Quit it will go back. i cant say how it work on an 3DS sorry...

Ah, don't worry about it!:D You did a great job on this. When i have time later i'm gonna try and work on it some.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Nice! Also, the sprite was flickering or having some weird defect if it was on the left side of the screen(the effect got worse as it got farther left). And the system force restarted when I exited.

I'm having a similar issue with my alpha pixel blitting func.
I think the problem is how alpha blending is called.

TheOnlyJoey

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any news on this?
Just registered to follow this project.
I have been working on a hobby project creating a sprite based game engine for Megaman-type games and using SDL2 as primary lib.
Would love to be able to port to 3DS :)

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey, this looks awesome. I've used a little bit of SDL on PC and would love to be able to use it on 3DS.
Unfortunately I'm having trouble compiling it. I'm a noob at this but I did manage to compile the CTRULIB examples so I think I've got everything installed correctly.

I've attached an image which shows my setup and the errors I'm getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. IDK if there's a step I missesd maybe. This image shows everything I did.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by dfsa3fdvc1,

benjymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, this looks awesome. I've used a little bit of SDL on PC and would love to be able to use it on 3DS.
Unfortunately I'm having trouble compiling it. I'm a noob at this but I did manage to compile the CTRULIB examples so I think I've got everything installed correctly.

I've attached an image which shows my setup and the errors I'm getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. IDK if there's a step I missesd maybe. This image shows everything I did.

It looks like the project setup isn't compatible with the latest DevkitPro - I'm in the process of fixing up all the makefiles so it'll compile again - I'll stick it all on github when I'm done

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It looks like the project setup isn't compatible with the latest DevkitPro - I'm in the process of fixing up all the makefiles so it'll compile again - I'll stick it all on github when I'm done

I wound up also asking this my questioin in the Homebrew Development General thread and got some replies which also shed light on the issue.
For now, I wound up going with SF2DLIB which does most of what I'm looking for.
I'm sure anyone who stumbles across this thread would appreciate a working SDL for 3DS though and I definitely look forward to it. Pretty everything I've written for PC uses SDL so it'd be nice to easily port some of that stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@