Hacking SDCafiine + Minecraft

Black_Heart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got Minecraft Wii U Edition for the sake of local co-op and the Mario pack. I've gotten into modding MK8, Sm4sh, and BotW, so I thought Minecraft would be a cinch. Turns out all the processes for modding Minecraft Wii U are overly complicated and are more work than they're worth. Is there any way I can mod Minecraft through SDCafiine instead of downloading all of these clients onto my PC?

Black_Heart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried different attempts. Closest I got was the game crashing at the boot/splash screen. I've tried different folder setups with no luck at all.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually just trying the same thing and yeah it doesn't seem like Minecraft over SDCafiine works for whatever reason.
Game seems to lock up at the bootTVtex image, even if the file you're replacing is identical to the one in the base game.
I'll poke Maschell about it and see if he'll look into it sometime.

I'd say the best option for modding Minecraft now is by editing the game resources via FTP with FTPiiUEverywhere, or by extracting the latest update and repacking it with the contents you want included using NUSPacker and installing it with WUP Installer GX2.

I'd recommend only doing this for contents stored on USB, not NAND, because writing to the NAND is spoopy.
The path to the DLCs folder should be something like and you should be able to replace any pck you want here. Just be careful.
/storage_usb/usr/title/0005000e/101d9d00/content/WiiU/DLC/

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Black_Heart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually just trying the same thing and yeah it doesn't seem like Minecraft over SDCafiine works for whatever reason.
Game seems to lock up at the bootTVtex image, even if the file you're replacing is identical to the one in the base game.
I'll poke Maschell about it and see if he'll look into it sometime.

I'd say the best option for modding Minecraft now is by editing the game resources via FTP with FTPiiUEverywhere, or by extracting the latest update and repacking it with the contents you want included using NUSPacker and installing it with WUP Installer GX2.

I'd recommend only doing this for contents stored on USB, not NAND, because writing to the NAND is spoopy.
The path to the DLCs folder should be something like and you should be able to replace any pck you want here. Just be careful.
/storage_usb/usr/title/0005000e/101d9d00/content/WiiU/DLC/

FTPiiUEverywhere didn't work for me (reason I was hoping SDCafiine would work), but I'll definitely try the WUP method. I've done it before with Tokyo Mirage Sessions' uncensored patch, so the packing process should be similar.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTPiiUEverywhere didn't work for me (reason I was hoping SDCafiine would work), but I'll definitely try the WUP method. I've done it before with Tokyo Mirage Sessions' uncensored patch, so the packing process should be similar.
Actually I just tried repacking the update myself to see if that would do it and unfortunately it didn't. I think NUS Packer doesn't package the update properly.

Why wouldn't the FTPiiUEverywhere method work though?
It worked fine for me.

Black_Heart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I just tried repacking the update myself to see if that would do it and unfortunately it didn't. I think NUS Packer doesn't package the update properly.

Why wouldn't the FTPiiUEverywhere method work though?
It worked fine for me.

Only reason I can think of FTPiiUEverywhere not working for me is cause I use Haxchi instead of Mocha.
Anyways, I too tried modding the update file and noticed when NUSPakcer packs it, it doesn't pack it correctly. Only a few kb when it should be about 1gb.
I tried modding the base game, but an update is required to even play it. I installed the update (unmodded, like I have a choice) and it completely overwrites my mods, making the fact I modded the base game pointless.
I just tested it with Loadiine. The game loaded, but as soon as I went to change my skin, the game crashed.
Why does Minecraft of all things require so much work to mod? Might as well just buy the PS3 version since it's as simple as copy and pasting a custom pack into the DLC folder...or I can try finding a reliable crack of the PC version, but I won't have split screen (hence why I'm focusing on consoles).

Last edited by Black_Heart,

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only reason I can think of FTPiiUEverywhere not working for me is cause I use Haxchi instead of Mocha.
Anyways, I too tried modding the update file and noticed when NUSPakcer packs it, it doesn't pack it correctly. Only a few kb when it should be about 1gb.
I tried modding the base game, but an update is required to even play it. I installed the update (unmodded, like I have a choice) and it completely overwrites my mods, making the fact I modded the base game pointless.
I just tested it with Loadiine. The game loaded, but as soon as I went to change my skin, the game crashed.
Why does Minecraft of all things require so much work to mod? Might as well just buy the PS3 version since it's as simple as copy and pasting a custom pack into the DLC folder...or I can try finding a reliable crack of the PC version, but I won't have split screen (hence why I'm focusing on consoles).

I just replace the pck for the Dr. Who Skin Pack II, with a PCK made by PCK Studio with FTPiiUEverywhere.
I use Coldboot Haxchi on my console and really that's about it, so I can't see why it wouldn't work for you.
Works fine for me, and the skins even work online.
2018-06-14_18-38-45_WiiU_screenshot_TV_01D9D.jpg

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Black_Heart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just replace the pck for the Dr. Who Skin Pack II, with a PCK made by PCK Studio with FTPiiUEverywhere.
I use Coldboot Haxchi on my console and really that's about it, so I can't see why it wouldn't work for you.
Works fine for me, and the skins even work online.
View attachment 131541

What happens for me is once I'm on FTPiiUEverywhere and choose usb on my PC, I get an error saying the Wii U can't find anything, despite Minecraft being installed on it.

M4xGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What happens for me is once I'm on FTPiiUEverywhere and choose usb on my PC, I get an error saying the Wii U can't find anything, despite Minecraft being installed on it.
You need to run an CFW, like Mocha. Then ftpiiu_everywhere gets access to the entire filesystem.
Greetings from Germany,
Max.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch