Hardware Sd2vita has slow read speed

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Update: My new sd2vita has arrived, but seller send me the wrong one i ordered smiley and they send me v3.0 without case. Anyway the problem is fixed, i think it's bad contact between adapter and slot because the new one is thicker and i don't see any damage in older one. I can try to add padding on older one to make it thicker but i won't risk it for now.
Upload pics of that adapter, both sides

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The one you got and the one that's failed
The new one looks something like this but black, and i think the writing is "sd2vita 3.0"(not sure).

SD2Vita_V30_MicroSD___PS_VIta_Adapter_1000_2000_Fat_Slim_MAX.jpg
currently stuck inside and i can't get it out lol, i don't know maybe because it's bigger, i'll try again later when i got home. The old one is at home, so i'll upload it letter together with the new one if i can get it out.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The new one looks something like this but black, and i think the writing is "sd2vita 3.0"(not sure).

SD2Vita_V30_MicroSD___PS_VIta_Adapter_1000_2000_Fat_Slim_MAX.jpg
currently stuck inside and i can't get it out lol, i don't know maybe because it's bigger, i'll try again later when i got home. The old one is at home, so i'll upload it letter together with the new one if i can get it out.
Your pictures!

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Your pictures!
Here you go

IMG_20171020_184139.jpg

IMG_20171020_184216.jpg

20171020_184528.jpg
Sorry i can't get the picture of the new one it's jammed tight in there, i tried using pincer but it's stuck, i'm afraid if i force it it will damage the slot.

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Welp i spoke too soon, the new sd2vita didn't last, it worked fine at first but after sometime it became unstable, and finally it failed (work sometime). When i removed it the solder point for the footing broke, so i guess the build quality is crap(i'll post pic tomorrow if i remember so you can avoid it). I'll buy another one too try once more and if it still fail then it's the slot that have issue, probably will sell this one and buy a new one.

Last edited by dizz00,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Welp i spoke too soon, the new sd2vita didn't last, it worked fine at first but after sometime it became unstable, and finally it failed (work sometime). When i removed it the solder point for the footing broke, so i guess the build quality is crap(i'll post pic tomorrow if i remember so you can avoid it). I'll buy another one too try once more and if it still fail then it's the slot that have issue, probably will sell this one and buy a new one.
Just buy Smiley v2

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The shipping time is too long, i buy this one just for checking. What do you suggest to buy other than smiley v2. I'll buy one later if i'm sure of the problem.
Nothing else. I have tried many, smiley is the only that had not broken(yet) for me
Just check ebay, there has to be someone close by selling them

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nothing else. I have tried many, smiley is the only that had not broken(yet) for me
Just check ebay, there has to be someone close by selling them
I checked ebay but they mostly sell from usa or china, while the price is cheap the shipping cost is more than 10times the price with the same shipping time with aliexpress with 0 shipping fee. Is this the one you suggest, i'll buy one later. And what do you think about this one? it looks cooler and have better build quality.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is the crappy one, it come with crude cut mark which make it wider than it should and bend board, both probably is the cause for the stuck problem i had.

IMG_20171023_223329.jpg

IMG_20171023_223428.jpg

IMG_20171023_223351.jpg

Last edited by dizz00,

dizz00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
UPDATE: new one just came in yesterday, build quailty is decent, it works for now, no issue on installing and removing.

IMG_20171027_153922.jpg

IMG_20171027_153944.jpg
smiley v2 is on the way, will arrive in maybe 2-3weeks.

Last edited by dizz00,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...