Hacking SD2Vita as secondary/external storage

Barrons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

so i now have an sd2vita card and bought a 64gb micro sd card.
i want to use sd2vita as external storage and my sony internal 32gb memory card as the main storage as i have now filled it with games.

question is do i need to change anything in nopdrm config file to get games to work i download from pkgi on external storage?
i dont want to kill the 32gb sony memory card i have already filled with games.

system is a ps vita 1000 model
3.65 h-enkaku - ENSO firmware.

any help would be amazing!

iDanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita games will only read from ux0: my suggestion is try to get all the vita games you have on one card and set that as ux0. I just finished setting this up on my system yesterday. I have the SD2Vita set as ux0 and the vita sd card set as xmc0 with psp games.

From what I’ve read there’s currently no way to have vita games on two different cards.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crazy it isn't possible to use both....

You can use both storage, but you can only have one of them as ux0, and PS vita games only run off ux0, you can use the other one as uma0 for PSP/PS1 Games, emulator roms, etc, the 32GB would be a good fit for this, for the ux0 you should buy a larger size SD card if you want to install a lot more games, average games size is couple GB.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Barrons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks alot whats the best way to back up all the 32gb of data from the sony memory card and copy over to the 64gb sd2vita card please? thanks for all your help guys on this.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks alot whats the best way to back up all the 32gb of data from the sony memory card and copy over to the 64gb sd2vita card please? thanks for all your help guys on this.

You can either do the FTP method via Molecular Shell or the USB method via Vita Shell, by disabling SD2Vita first , have the sony memory card as ux0 , and copy the files off the Sony memory card to a computer, then switch the mounting point to SD2Vita as ux0 and copy it to SD2Vita.

Barrons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can either do the FTP method via Molecular Shell or the USB method via Vita Shell, by disabling SD2Vita first , have the sony memory card as ux0 , and copy the files off the Sony memory card to a computer, then switch the mounting point to SD2Vita as ux0 and copy it to SD2Vita.
thanks alot, how do i then go about wiping the 32gb sony memory card and using it for psx or psp roms?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone