Hacking Homebrew Others Pc is not recognize psvita on usb

FernSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My psvita has a problem to be recognize on a pc(psvita recognize the usb but the pc no),when i I formatted the psvita and installed the henkaku via browser, installed qcma with the winusb driver, it worked for a while but it was no longer recognized.
Then I tried to connect it but nothing, I tried different computers and cables but no results. And I want to solve the doubt that has been tormenting me all these days and also ask for help. I don't know if formatting the entire console (internal space, memory card and sd2vita) is the solution.I hope you can help me and I will put the details of my psvita

Fimware:3.65
Model:Wifi Fat
Hacked with:HENlo
Storage Details: Sd2vita(120gb sandisk) and memory card 32gb

Pls help me i only want what is happening in my console.

FernSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My psvita has a problem to be recognize on a pc(psvita recognize the usb but the pc no),when i I formatted the psvita and installed the henkaku via browser, installed qcma with the winusb driver, it worked for a while but it was no longer recognized.
Then I tried to connect it but nothing, I tried different computers and cables but no results. And I want to solve the doubt that has been tormenting me all these days and also ask for help. I don't know if formatting the entire console (internal space, memory card and sd2vita) is the solution.I hope you can help me and I will put the details of my psvita

The console detects the pc but the pc does not detect it.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FernSD If you haven't fixed it yet, you could try this. I know from first hand experience that at least Windows 10 and maybe 11 are fussy with what driver is used for the VITA. The driver I use and the recommended driver is libusbk. You can choose that as an option in QCMA setup if you uninstall it and re-install it. You don't need both CMA and QCMA installed as they can conflict with each other. Hopefully that fixes it for you.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello, I had THE EXACT same problem, and here's how to fix it...

Basically, just log into your PSN account on Playstation.com and do the following easy steps: (See attached images below)

1) Go into your PSN account ON YOUR COMPUTER, log in and click on "Account Management".

2) On the left, click on "Security".

3) Click the "Edit" button to disable 2-Step Verification.

4) Click on "Generate or Manage Device Setup Passwords".

5) You will be given a temporary password. On your PS Vita, go to Settings > Playstation Network. Log in with your email and the password generated in step 4. Once you log in, just for kicks, download something small and free, like a demo or whatever to make sure your account is active.

6) Now check to see that your Vita is seen by your computer, using the Content Manager Assistant. If your Vita is not seen by your computer, go back to the Playstation Network and sign in for a final time with the generated password.

THIS WORKS, so let us know how it goes!!! :toot:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

FernSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, I had THE EXACT same problem, and here's how to fix it...

Basically, just log into your PSN account on Playstation.com and do the following easy steps: (See attached images below)

1) Go into your PSN account ON YOUR COMPUTER, log in and click on "Account Management".

2) On the left, click on "Security".

3) Click the "Edit" button to disable 2-Step Verification.

4) Click on "Generate or Manage Device Setup Passwords".

5) You will be given a temporary password. On your PS Vita, go to Settings > Playstation Network. Log in with your email and the password generated in step 4. Once you log in, just for kicks, download something small and free, like a demo or whatever to make sure your account is active.

6) Now check to see that your Vita is seen by your computer, using the Content Manager Assistant. If your Vita is not seen by your computer, go back to the Playstation Network and sign in for a final time with the generated password.

THIS WORKS, so let us know how it goes!!! :toot:
@FernSD If you haven't fixed it yet, you could try this. I know from first hand experience that at least Windows 10 and maybe 11 are fussy with what driver is used for the VITA. The driver I use and the recommended driver is libusbk. You can choose that as an option in QCMA setup if you uninstall it and re-install it. You don't need both CMA and QCMA installed as they can conflict with each other. Hopefully that fixes it for you.
Turn Off-On Vita..
Unfortunately none of the methods managed to take effect on my console, the only solution that I see that can work is a format to restore the console to its factory settings, after Put henkaku, sd2vita plugin and finally use zadig and change the driver it uses to make it work.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately none of the methods managed to take effect on my console, the only solution that I see that can work is a format to restore the console to its factory settings, after Put henkaku, sd2vita plugin and finally use zadig and change the driver it uses to make it work.
I hope it works for you. Are you only trying to copy stuff to the Vita using QCMA or have you tried to connect to it in Vitashell without QCMA running? Most people only really need QCMA installed for the driver nowadays or to restore/make system backups. Copying nonpdrm dumps, cheats, dlc etc is normally done with Vitashell.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

FernSD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I hope it works for you. Are you only trying to copy stuff to the Vita using QCMA or have you tried to connect to it in Vitashell without QCMA running? Most people only really need QCMA installed for the driver nowadays or to restore/make system backups. Copying nonpdrm dumps, cheats, dlc etc is normally done with Vitashell.
If you have already done this and it does not work with Vitashell

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that blows, I'm sorry to hear that! Keep it up tho, you'll get it working. :)

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It could be caused by a plugin on your Vita, like UDCD or any plugin that uses the USB connection.

Otherwise, you said you installed a driver as well as QCMA (the open source alternative to CMA). Well, it could be a bug with the unofficial QCMA or the driver wherever you got it.

You can use "Device Manager" on Windows, and find your Vita in the list while it's plugged in, then delete the drivers for that device and start fresh. Then, try pressing Select inside the VitaShell app to connect the Vita via USB.

Reactions: FernSD

krazyasif786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same issue
I cant use The Content manager on my system .. it doesnt seem to work with Windows 11 or atleast mine doesnt.
It shows the VIta Folders when connected but there is nothing in there and you cant access the system

What I use instead which works ok for me is Filezilla and Vita Shell

Simply open Vita Shell and click Select
numbers that appear enter them into Filezilla and press return and you will get acccess to your PC and Vita. You can then transfer as you like. You need to be on the same wifi network for this to work

im on 1GIG internet but the max speed I get is 2.2mb which is down to the Vitas Wifi

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue
I cant use The Content manager on my system .. it doesnt seem to work with Windows 11 or atleast mine doesnt.
It shows the VIta Folders when connected but there is nothing in there and you cant access the system

What I use instead which works ok for me is Filezilla and Vita Shell

Simply open Vita Shell and click Select
numbers that appear enter them into Filezilla and press return and you will get acccess to your PC and Vita. You can then transfer as you like. You need to be on the same wifi network for this to work

im on 1GIG internet but the max speed I get is 2.2mb which is down to the Vitas Wifi
When you see the Vita Folders, do you have your view settings to see hidden folders and files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol