Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
oi aqui também não funcionou, o jogo tem a mesma aparência e não mudou nada, você não tem o jogo já remendar ???

The sprite replacements are from SD Gundam World, however the sprites for the Unicorn has been changed between the games, and was not replaced. The difference on the Quant is fairly subtle, so I'm not sure if you are running the replacement from the pictures.
For attack animations, the source was SD Gundam Wars, so anything newer won't have replaced textures (anything from Unicorn, or 00 second season).

The difference should be very visible on the Nahel Argama (the ship) tough. If there is still no difference, check if you might have launched the original iso, PPSSPP likes to rearange the game icons based on what you used last.

the game continues in Japanese, and I did the procedure correctly ...:cry:

I have only release a HQ texture patch, the translation is still being worked on, and has not yet been released.

Last edited by danikk,

Mateus Quinto Alves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The sprite replacements are from SD Gundam World, however the sprites for the Unicorn has been changed between the games, and was not replaced. The difference on the Quant is fairly subtle, so I'm not sure if you are running the replacement from the pictures.
For attack animations, the source was SD Gundam Wars, so anything newer won't have replaced textures (anything from Unicorn, or 00 second season).

The difference should be very visible on the Nahel Argama (the ship) tough. If there is still no difference, check if you might have launched the original iso, PPSSPP likes to rearange the game icons based on what you used last.

I have only release a HQ texture patch, the translation is still being worked on, and has not yet been released.
ha, so this patch is textured, not translated, but you know when it will launch ???

Mateus Quinto Alves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

hey people who were translating because they quit?

Dragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to first thank all of those involved in the project for continuously plugging away at translating overworld for all of us non-japanese speakers. I know you guys are close to completing it and can't wait for any on its status.
I just downloaded and "installed" the HQ texture pack and everything runs fine on 1.1.1! Only issue I've come across is the Alvatore MA has the graphics corrupted; instead of the golden Alvatore on the map, all I see is a 3x3 square filled with diagonal golden corrupted graphics. I'm not sure if anyone else can confirm this glitch or if it's happening only on my settings. Anyhow, great work guys! I really noticed the lengths of animations have been significantly extended for many suits.

Reactions: Mateus Quinto Alves

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi guys, my wedding ceremony have came to pass and now I have began my new family :)

My wedding well really well, after so many mistakes and mis-coordinations and unprepared resources and ..etc (whatever)
GOD managed to helped me fill-in everything I've missed out.
My wedding staffs and my friends helps with full of energy and wisdom.
In the end, it become one of the happiest events for me, for my families, for my guests, and even for the staff team.
That was one of the best day!
Thanks Jesus :D
And thank you all for all the prayers :D

After many months, I am now in the process of getting used to my new place, new room, new environments, ...etc

And I'm beginning to come back to whatever I left off many months ago.
And will now get to the insertion process of the main database.dat data of the ID19199 file.

Most of my works are in the background, I may not speak much on the public threads though.
See you around.
God bless.

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey people who were translating because they quit?
Nope, I'm still working on this. I just don't come into this thread more often because I don't get any notifications for this thread, for whatever reason.

I've been slowly but surely going through level scripts, but they're in the 12+ page range without my edits, plus I have to watch a lot of dub footage to catch little nuances and figure out how to get stuff to fit within character limits while conveying the intended meaning. It's hard, tedious work, which leads to me taking frequent breaks to avoid burnout.

Based on the preview video I've seen, there's a lot of proof reading to do for various reasons, but we've made amazing progress considering our limitations.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I would like to first thank all of those involved in the project for continuously plugging away at translating overworld for all of us non-japanese speakers. I know you guys are close to completing it and can't wait for any on its status.
I just downloaded and "installed" the HQ texture pack and everything runs fine on 1.1.1! Only issue I've come across is the Alvatore MA has the graphics corrupted; instead of the golden Alvatore on the map, all I see is a 3x3 square filled with diagonal golden corrupted graphics. I'm not sure if anyone else can confirm this glitch or if it's happening only on my settings. Anyhow, great work guys! I really noticed the lengths of animations have been significantly extended for many suits.

Verified. It is indeed broken, the replacement sprites's width was off by 6 pixels, and this format needs to be divisible by 8 in order to display properly. It will be fixed in the next update to the patch.

edit: Sprite patch updated to 1.1.1 (only Dataumd.cpk has changed)

Last edited by danikk,

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
sorry for the inconvenience, but it is because I am very much looking forward to the game in English

Gonna pour some love to the op page.

Linked a preview video of our translation progress so far. A new ID19199 was compiled by Pique today that replaces most, if not all of the system messages in the footage. Not going to bother making a new video again since my internet in my hometown is pretty BAD! 25kbps upload speed. I contacted my isp for an upgrade but no news after almost a week.

Enjoy!

Last edited by AdanK85,

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna pour some love to the op page.

Linked a preview video of our translation progress so far. A new ID19199 was compiled by Pique today that replaces most, if not all of the system messages in the footage. Not going to bother making a new video again since my internet in my hometown is pretty BAD! 25kbps upload speed. I contacted my isp for an upgrade but no news after almost a week.

Enjoy!
What settings did you use on the ppsspp? Since mine are slow when i am attacking, the highest mine has gone is 75%

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@AdanK85

Wow, that youtube video is EPIC !!

Also, thanks for the "Special Thanks" mention ^_^"

I had a good chuckle around the 0:54 part of the upload.

Anyhow, I trust everyone here has been well these past 2 months ?

Thanks. Kinda have to use youtube for the video since the media option doesn't embed google's.

What settings did you use on the ppsspp? Since mine are slow when i am attacking, the highest mine has gone is 75%
I'm using a 2 years old laptop but the ppsspp is 0.98 version.
Here's the graphic setting (the ones that are on) if the newer version still about the same. I heard they have new features on.

Buffered rendering
Stretch to display
Rending resolution 1:1
Vsync
mipmapping
Hardware transform
software skinning
Upscale level: auto
Upscale type: XBRZ
Anisotropic filtering: 4x
texture filtering: auto
FPS counter: speed.

Not sure how much this will help. Danikk's suggestion might help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now that I think of it. Danikk's texture is smaller than the original overall due to some algorithmic compression or something. Not sure if that has to do with the emulation.

Reactions: breaktemp

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Now that I think of it. Danikk's texture is smaller than the original overall due to some algorithmic compression or something. Not sure if that has to do with the emulation.
No, they are not smaller, the textures themselves are of the exact same size, since the TXD format has a fixed size at a given resolution (because its uncompressed), however most textures in the game are stored in .zip files, and since the replaced textures have more details, they are slightly less compressible-> the .zip files are somewhat larger (about +10%). Still, this shouldn't really affect performance (I haven't seen performance impact even early on when I tried to use a different texture format that made the textures 3.5 times larger than originally).

Dragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for fixing the Alvatore danikk. I noticed another graphics glitch, this time it seems to be more subtle. On my ppsspp, the Ex-S gundam's right fuel binder and elbow area seems to be disproportionately enlarged when facing away from the camera on the map. It's a very slight issue, so I don't mean to nitpick. Just thought to notify you ;)

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks, I'll fix it. I can only fix these little (and not so little) issues, if I know about them, so I appreciate the notification.
For such a small issue alone, I wouldn't release an update to the patch, but I found an other completely broken MA myself (Apsalus II) so I'll update the patch after fixing the Ex-S Gundam.

edit: Patch and release post updated.

Last edited by danikk,

Dragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For sure, I wouldn't expect an update after every single minor flaw. I'm just a bit of a perfectionist myself, so when I see these minor issues, I feel the urge to report them to someone who's capable of fixing the problem :P
Now that you're likely sick and tired of hearing from me, I noticed Akatsuki from SEED Destiny also has an issue with a disconnected wingtip when in shiranui mode. Again, just another minor glitch, but it also affects the battle animations which are slightly more noticeable because the MS is enlarged so much.
PS: I wouldn't worry about updating the patch after every one of these nitpicks. It must also be quite a drain on bandwidth since the file's so big too. Thanks for the good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think