Hardware Misc SD Card Errors

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you send me a video or some photos on how to put the tape correctly? Since i just put some layers of tape, put it in the console and it just spams me "SD Card was removed"
Dont try it. I found another solution. I have to say, i am atm not really sure how the writeprotection really works. I dont see really a pin inside the reader. So iam thinking, by moving the switch a Atributt is set. I first need to understand for sure.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alternativ Fix for write protected (micro-) SDCards by removing the Atribut:

Remove Write Protection from SD Card with Diskpart​

You can easily remove the write protection attribute from micro SD card using CMD on Windows 10. Check how to do it below.

Step 1. Open Command Prompt. You can press Windows + R, type cmd in Run dialog, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Click Yes in the pop-up UAC window to open elevated Command Prompt on Windows 10.

Step 2. Open Diskpart tool. Next you can type diskpart in Command Prompt window, and press Enter to open Diskpart utility. Diskpart is a Windows built-in command-line tool letting you manage your disk.

Step 3. Type the command lines below and press Enter after each line to clear write protection on the micro SD card. You need to connect the SD card to computer beforehand.

• list disk (this command will list all detected disks on your computer)
  • select disk * (replace “*” with the disk number of the micro SD card)
  • attributes disk clear readonly

how to remove write protection on micro SD card

By doing so, the SD card should not be write-protected any longer.

Mattia2309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alternativ Fix for write protected (micro-) SDCards by removing the Atribut:

Remove Write Protection from SD Card with Diskpart​

You can easily remove the write protection attribute from micro SD card using CMD on Windows 10. Check how to do it below.

Step 1. Open Command Prompt. You can press Windows + R, type cmd in Run dialog, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Click Yes in the pop-up UAC window to open elevated Command Prompt on Windows 10.

Step 2. Open Diskpart tool. Next you can type diskpart in Command Prompt window, and press Enter to open Diskpart utility. Diskpart is a Windows built-in command-line tool letting you manage your disk.

Step 3. Type the command lines below and press Enter after each line to clear write protection on the micro SD card. You need to connect the SD card to computer beforehand.

• list disk (this command will list all detected disks on your computer)
  • select disk * (replace “*” with the disk number of the micro SD card)
  • attributes disk clear readonly

how to remove write protection on micro SD card

By doing so, the SD card should not be write-protected any longer.
it still gives me the error. The sd card itself is ok, since it works on other devices. The problem is the slot

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
i did it with all my force but it still gives me the error. Heck, now a new problem started: whenever i turn on the 2ds while the sd card is already on, the blue light turns on and stays like that forever but the screen stays black.
Do you have boot.firm on the SD card?

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
It staying on a blackscreen by pushing the SD in harder is weird. I mentioned this trick because it worked for me. May or may not work for other defect SD slots.

Mattia2309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It staying on a blackscreen by pushing the SD in harder is weird. I mentioned this trick because it worked for me. May or may not work for other defect SD slots.
no, you got me wrong. Even by putting the sd card normally with boot.firm on the sd it just doesn't turn on. Static Blue light but zero response from the screen and the audio. I have to put the sd after i turned the 2ds on

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
8a99a86073fa2e69471f0e6d7b16d1ed2902ca18.png

depends on the way of the socket, the socket should have two "switches" one is closed when the card is inserted the other is closed when the card is write enabled, the above is a socket example the pins 12 & 13 should be short for enable writing.
So if iam right this two Pins must be brided or soldered.
EDIT: To prove that this the right one, a Voltmeter can be used, using resistance mode. Some also gives a sound.
Check when SD insert in the different stats (protected/unprotected). If its protected there is none power. If unprotected there is Power.

Attachments

• th-3600895087~3.jpg
    th-3600895087~3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by Sypherone,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I really don't know, that depends on each reader, you need to trace the switch for readonly, by example:
988a848ea9245e403b3043cb7d2b1d985100103d.jpg

here are the two rightmost pins, and the "inserted" are the two first. the SD card have 9 pins, two of them are closer than other 7.

Reactions: Sypherone

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you send me a video or some photos on how to put the tape correctly? Since i just put some layers of tape, put it in the console and it just spams me "SD Card was removed"
OK. How i read there must be a switsch or blade be inside the reader. If its pressed a circuit is closed and its not writeprotected.
For a try. U can also try pushing the switch till the middle only, this should work also (maybe).

I only have a o3DS for testing. So tryed if it fits in the slot. I think 3 Layer is max. More works too, but the card sticks hard in the slot and its hard to get it out. I needed tweezers to pull it out.

On the Pic i took 2 short pieces and a last third long piece of tape.

Attachments

• 20220616_194452~2.jpg
    20220616_194452~2.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 38

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@impeeza
If i look of the contacts of the o2DS, the 4 lower pins are 1 by 1 with a contact. Then the other moved down. If the Card is insert, the write protection switch is on upper side. So it may two of the last 4 upper contacts.

But for really sure it must be looked under (inside) the Reader to see the connections on the board.

EDIT: To prove that this the right one, a Voltmeter can be used, using resistance mode. Some also gives a sound.
Check when SD insert in the different stats (protected/unprotected). If its protected there is power. If unprotected there is none Power.
And the upper two should show the different stats card insert/not insert.

Reactions: impeeza

Mattia2309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK. How i read there must be a switsch or blade be inside the reader. If its pressed a circuit is closed and its not writeprotected.
For a try. U can also try pushing the switch till the middle only, this should work also (maybe).

I only have a o3DS for testing. So tryed if it fits in the slot. I think 3 Layer is max. More works too, but the card sticks hard in the slot and its hard to get it out. I needed tweezers to pull it out.

On the Pic i took 2 short pieces and a last third long piece of tape.
Ok. I put 2 layers of tape on the lock switch and it doesn't give me the "write protected error" anymore. The problem is that it now gives me this: "Cannot display the software on the SD Card. The SD Card could not be accessed." I double-checked if i accidentally put some tape on the contacts but i didn't. Help
IMG_20220616_152125.jpg

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Problem is freaking me out.😆
Ok, u need to check different things again to be sure everything else is allright.
The microsd is correct formated,empty and plugged correctly in the adapter? Maybe try a different adapter, too. Be sure the adapter is correctly plugged in the Card Reader. Are the Contacts clean?

Try also the middle switch position and maybe a third layer of tape. So that we can be sure the insideswitch is really pressed.

Did u saw the Video of impeeza? As a solution, too. If u are able to get it done.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure the contacts are clean. You get this message because it failed to initialize the SD card hinting at contact issues.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What do use to format the microSDCard?

Recommended:
For SD cards 32GB or smaller: the latest version of SD Formatter (32k Sektorsize)
For SD cards 64GB or larger: The latest version of guiformat (64k Sektorsize)

Mattia2309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Problem is freaking me out.😆
Ok, u need to check different things again to be sure everything else is allright.
The microsd is correct formated,empty and plugged correctly in the adapter? Maybe try a different adapter, too. Be sure the adapter is correctly plugged in. Are the Contacts clean?

Try also the middle switch position and maybe a third layer of tape. So that we can be sure the insideswitch is really pressed.

Did u saw the Video of impeeza? As a solution, too. If u are able to get it done.
The micro sd is correctly formatted to fat32, empty and correctly plugged in the adapter. I also tried another adapter, plugged it correctly and i cleand the contacts of all the sd cards, micro sd cards and the slot all this morning with 90% isopropyl alcohol. when I get home i'll try the middle switch and the third layer of tape. I tried the video but i didn't know how to do the steps he did in the video.

Exotical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The micro sd is correctly formatted to fat32, empty and correctly plugged in the adapter. I also tried another adapter, plugged it correctly and i cleand the contacts of all the sd cards, micro sd cards and the slot all this morning with 90% isopropyl alcohol. when I get home i'll try the middle switch and the third layer of tape. I tried the video but i didn't know how to do the steps he did in the video.
Your 2DS is probably cooked product

Mattia2309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do use to format the microSDCard?

Recommended:
For SD cards 32GB or smaller: the latest version of SD Formatter (32k Sektorsize)
For SD cards 64GB or larger: The latest version of guiformat (64k Sektorsize)
guiformatter to format it to fat32

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The o2DS runs now well without a Card in the Slot?
Yes that what i thought, too. The 2DS is probably damaged. We dont really know if its a Soft- or Hardware issue, if nothing works (contact bridging on your own risk).

Maybe i could figure it out, if i try it on my own. But online i only can give advices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.