RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Naridar said:
Okay, announce a final fantasy game, a dragon quest VIII port, a mario sunshine/galaxy port, and I'll buy three 3DS-es.
Final Fantasy games have already been confirmed.
So... you'll buy one at least?

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i'm interested in if there will be remade ports from the 360 and ps3
some developers seems to be thinking about and street fighter 4 gets ported too for example
but i just still can't imagine that the handheld would be so powerful to handle them.....

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the game. If you take HD games with fairly basic gameplay that don't use too much advanced physics and AI, it shouldn't be a problem at all. We have Super Street Fighter 4 and a remake of Resident Evil Mercenaries (remake of the multiplayer mode in RE4 and 5) for reference there.

Most PS3 and 360 games don't really use the full potential of their respective consoles. Sure the visuals might look nice and all, but gameplay wise there's not really anything that couldn't have been done on last gen consoles. It's when you get to some of the more advanced games where you'll hit roadblocks. Games that use advanced physics and AI such as Star Wars Force Unleashed and Grand Theft Auto 4. They take advantage of technology that uses the raw CPU power of the cell processor and Xbox's multicore Xenon. The 3DS' CPU is likely ARM based and more akin to the power of last gen consoles. It might be able to pull off a few advanced physics and AI tricks, but not all of them at once like some current gen console games do.

If you have a current gen game that doesn't use intense AI and physics calculations, the 3DS should probably be able to do the game justice in terms of gameplay. Heck, i'm sure 3DS could handle some of the games i mentioned above, but they would have to cut out some of those enhancements (not that they're THAT important anyways). There's little stopping developers from porting most current gen games to the 3DS. Some adjustments might have to be made, but i don't see why not.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
For what its worth Star Wars Force Unleashed is actually already on the psp and the physics in the game aren't too bad, so at least in terms of the psp version the 3ds could definitely pull of that game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes of course. Except that the PSP, Wii, and PS2 versions of Force Unleashed were completely different games from the PS3, 360, and PC versions. Totally unique level design and graphics. Physics were certainly good enough there, but they didn't use the advanced physics seen in the big name versions. As it is, i'm sure the 3DS could do the Wii version of Force Unleashed justice in terms of graphics. I was just trying to give an example of the things the PS3 and 360 can do besides pretty graphics.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
xtc25lqfqg3p1lo2kde7w1n5ml.jpg

lep7rha54kqghg2tdzykmgruek.jpg

ss4yhusxkrgm3rw4j7qqrroudt.jpg

ca1f22bxezymu9l5jrbr9ry6vt.jpg

okw61ljj2e83hl2vt6f729ouuu.jpg

tvadpvu6j2743ht7pce5rfsupv.jpg

mr38u7n4rfm79ukzibuedmw6g3.jpg

qvjpqxue64j2yl7r6se7ee9nod.jpg

New Dead or Alice Dimensions screens!
Graphically it looks like something in between DoA 3 and 4.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks really great. It would appear they've been doing some heavy graphical improvement from earlier screens as well, at least from what i can tell-

997816_20100615_screen001.jpg

In fact, the differences seem pretty drastic.
ohmy.gif

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
delicious kasumi

something i been asking myself is there a limit on how good graphics can be cuz we all know next gen consoles will have better graphics but how far can technology go

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
delicious kasumi

something i been asking myself is there a limit on how good graphics can be cuz we all know next gen consoles will have better graphics but how far can technology go
Crysis 2. Need I say more?

(I hope someday we could get that level of graphics on a console, instead of a computer that I need to get new hardware for every time there's a shiny new game ;__;)

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
did anyone else care to mention that most of the games there are top-screen oriented? I mean, One of my favourite things about DS games was that the puzzles were dual-screen. I understand that the games' producers are keen to get as much out of the 3D effect as possible but can't they utilize the Touch Screen a bit more? If this is the best they can do, I'll be IMPRESSED, but at the same time DISAPPOINTED that one of my favourite things has been left out.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it almost seems as if.. Nintendo is getting back on track! The Wii and DS Spent too much on the Motion controls and touch screen, and less on what the games actually where. However people have been giving too much praise to Resident Evil. no gameplay has been seen, only a pre-rendered cinematic. Will it be old or new styled? I myself am more interested in all the "old" games, Mario Kart, Star Fox, OOT, DoA, SF4, Paper Mario, Etc, and i am definitly a huge professor layton and animal crossing fan! i have never seen a console launch with this many hit games ready to go. it's too bad we couldnt get new home consoles, Sony and MS basicly decided that on the year new consoles where ment to be announced, we'd instead get the Xbox Kinect and PS Move. What a load, lol.
moogle.gif

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow DoA looks great o.o
Can't wait to get my hands on one of these beasts (3DS of course)

"Scary" games will be fun lol F.E.A.R. or Condemned?
tongue.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Absolutely all of them look blurred.

But if they weren't, then three words.

Bri. Lli. Ant.
Most of the screenshots are out-dated. This thread should give you a reference for how much improvement has most likely been made to all of the games shown in this thread.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some new OOT3D shots, shading is looking better (from what little i can tell) versus older builds-

the_legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d-1.jpg
the_legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d-3.jpg

the_legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d-2.jpg
the_legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d-4.jpg

the_legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d-5.jpg

If these are killed by hotlinking, go here to see them- http://www.nintendoeverything.com/58494/

I did notice the minimap is STILL on the main screen like the original game. Seems useless considering we have a second screen. But meh, whatever. Certainly not the best looking 3DS game by far. In fact, it looks like something Dreamcast or PSP could pull off (though a lot smoother). Still has rather blurred textures. It looks far superior to the N64 version for sure though, so i can't complain. The game certainly reflects the original art style much better, it's much more bright and colorful (which i like). Though i'm not a fan of the lack of darkness during the giant spider boss fight. For me, i think having the game run at a good solid framerate will be awesome. The original was very slow in this regard. Will be nice to see 30 or even 60 frames per second now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.