SCDS2 EOS 5/22/10

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA Emulator is still 1.12 and not 1.13. I'm guessing they made a mistake when they posted or when they packaged the update. Even the download on their plugin website says 1.13 in the file name for the GBA emulator plugin but the contents are exactly the same to the 1.12 version.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Overlord Nadrian said:
It's no big deal.

We know, so why point it out?
tongue.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some people say it has been some say it hasn't, I don't have a frikkin clue whether the GBA emulator has been updated or not
frown.gif
I'd like them to fix it up abit though. I want to play Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring without the graphics glitching out everytime an action is performed (everytime you talk to someone or pick an item up the map fucks up).

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sirdashadow said:
Mbmax said:
Another World said:
[...] and the latest moonshell software for DSTWO dedicated.
I'm not sure to understand the meaning of this.
unsure.gif
I guess it means, [...]latest version of the DSTWO only/exclusive moonshell software
No i doubt it's that. I'm able to launch this moonshell on my ez5i.
With further investigation, it's just an already DLDI patched moonshell. Not a big deal then ...

disconnected

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only flashcards I ever had were supercard's, but one thing I really hate is bad publicity! That make me go out of my mind!

Why the f**k tjey say they invented a super mega anti-cheat system and then they release fixes??

I was going to buy a SCDS2 but forget it, I wont.. I'll stick with my DSi and DS Lite to play gba games...

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Why the f**k tjey say they invented a super mega anti-cheat system and then they release fixes??

Hmmm.
Because you are dont able to read
Utilizing the CPU, DSTWO can emulate orginal cartidgecan, pass through and bypass any anti-piracy measures which is the first cart to do so. Most of the games will never need to be patched to run.

So you see ?, they are not talking about ALL
And however, i think the anti piracy thing is not ready yet

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My own perspective is that the SCDS2 isn't the revolutionary jump that it's being touted to be. Not to say it's a 'bad' flashcart. But they haven't made that next leap in features or performance that has been stagnating the flashcart market for awhile.

They really need to concentrate on getting the things that differentiate it from other flashcarts to work as advertised. Notably the SNES support, and Divx/AVI support needs to get in there. Otherwise it's difficult to justify getting the SCDS2 rather than the SCDS1 from a functionality perspective.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
My own perspective is that the SCDS2 isn't the revolutionary jump that it's being touted to be. Not to say it's a 'bad' flashcart. But they haven't made that next leap in features or performance that has been stagnating the flashcart market for awhile.

They really need to concentrate on getting the things that differentiate it from other flashcarts to work as advertised. Notably the SNES support, and Divx/AVI support needs to get in there. Otherwise it's difficult to justify getting the SCDS2 rather than the SCDS1 from a functionality perspective.
Yes yes, people have had this discussion a lot already. I'm sure it'll come with updates.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So it says the GBA emu was updated, but what improvements are there? Are they noticable( as in game fixes, new interface, etc) or is it just a minor bugfix?
I wanna play KH:CoM when I get one of these. (it doesn't work as of yet IIRC)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
So it says the GBA emu was updated, but what improvements are there? Are they noticable( as in game fixes, new interface, etc) or is it just a minor bugfix?
I wanna play KH:CoM when I get one of these. (it doesn't work as of yet IIRC)
I don't think there was any changelog posted for it, so you'd have to try either emailing them or PMing them on the their Supercard forum.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
phoenixclaws said:
GBA Emulator is still 1.12 and not 1.13. I'm guessing they made a mistake when they posted or when they packaged the update. Even the download on their plugin website says 1.13 in the file name for the GBA emulator plugin but the contents are exactly the same to the 1.12 version.

Now THAT's interesting. Would you perform a checksum and compare the values between the two binaries? It might be a psychological update...

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here is a visual comparison between the two recent software releases.

The GBA emulator SAYS it is 1.13 in the about info when you're using it but I don't see any changes in the actual program (CRC or otherwise). I think the changes are in something else.
Also the VERSION.TXT still says 1.12 in the NDSGBA folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes