Hacking [SAVEGAME HACK] + [HELP] Kirby and the rainbow course

asper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Points and lives identified with unlocked treasures but the game has a 4 byte checksum at offset 0000000x04-0x00000007: does someone is able to figure out how it is calculated ? Without it no savegame hacks are possible. Here are 2 savegames (just 1st level played 1 time from zero in both of them).

The offsets found:

Lives:
0x00000589

Points (4 bytes):
0x0000058C
0x0000058D
0x0000058E
0x0000058F

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is he opening constant pointless threads when there is a thread dedicated to pointer cheats :unsure: > https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443/ the OP just has not been updated but these cheats have probably already been reported there! Also there is a Loadiine file save sharing thread full of files to share, if that is what he is wanting. Is he just unnecessary posting to get some sort of fame hit, you know to feed his GBATemp fame hit addiction? it probably is and can be a very serious addiction, according to @gamesquest1 he told me once its like having a Smack addiction and you can never go back! ;)

Last edited by Reecey,

asper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is he opening constant pointless threads when there is a thread dedicated to pointer cheats :unsure: > https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443/ the OP just has not been updated but these cheats have probably already been reported there! Also there is a Loadiine file save sharing thread full of files to share, if that is what he is wanting. Is he just unnecessary posting to get some sort of fame hit, you know to feed his GBATemp fame hit addiction? it probably is and can be a very serious addiction, according to @gamesquest1 he told me once its like having a Smack addiction and you can never go back! ;)

The one you are linking are RAM cheats, absolutely not related to savegame hacks.
File sharing is something you want to exchange with others, just different with "modify your own savegames to obtain just what you want/need".
Your answer seems to be the answer of a totally (boring) newbie that usually infests forums and makes devs and researchers to loose their interest in sharing their totally-free findings with others.

Thank you very much for your (totally unuseful) presence, from now on I will stop sharing my savegame findings, thanks to you ;)

Last edited by asper,
Reactions: Leanny

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am also interessted in this, since I try to figure out how to calculate the checksum of Wii U games for around 2 days now. Right now it looks to me that they are using CRC32 with a polynom I dont know about or a standard CRC32 with a range I dont know about. I keep you up2date when I find something, or maybe someone else can help :)

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Points and lives identified with unlocked treasures but the game has a 4 byte checksum at offset 0000000x04-0x00000007: does someone is able to figure out how it is calculated ? Without it no savegame hacks are possible. Here are 2 savegames (just 1st level played 1 time from zero in both of them).

The offsets found:

Lives:
0x00000589

Points (4 bytes):
0x0000058C
0x0000058D
0x0000058E
0x0000058F
I've been meaning to look into checksum correction, I'll see what I can do.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I found the class that handles it all, storage::SaveDataAccessor
Screenshot_72.png
EDIT: Okay, so. It passes in everything except the first 0x10 bytes since that's apparently some header, the rest is 0x1194 bytes, so it does a CRC32 on bytes 0x10 to 0x11A4. Something like this
Code:
static hel::util::Hash::CRC32(const void* data, int size) {
    int ret = -1;
    if (size == 0) return ret;

for (int i = 0; i < size; i++) {
        //Do hash
    }
    return ret;
}

Screenshot_73.png

Screenshot_74.png
Or you can, just, somehow edit that function so it doesn't call it, on this version just write 0x38600001 (li r3, 1) to 0x0E05E6B8 to replace that srwi r3, r0, 5 in isValidCrc so it's always valid

Last edited by NWPlayer123,
Reactions: Gadorach and asper

asper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I found the class that handles it all, storage::SaveDataAccessor
EDIT: Okay, so. It passes in everything except the first 0x10 bytes since that's apparently some header, the rest is 0x1194 bytes, so it does a CRC32 on bytes 0x10 to 0x11A4. Something like this
Code:
static hel::util::Hash::CRC32(const void* data, int size) {
    int ret = -1;
    if (size == 0) return ret;

for (int i = 0; i < size; i++) {
        //Do hash
    }
    return ret;
}

Or you can, just, somehow edit that function so it doesn't call it, on this version just write 0x38600001 (li r3, 1) to 0x0E05E6B8 to replace that srwi r3, r0, 5 in isValidCrc so it's always valid

Great finding man ! THANK YOU !

I just tested a CRC32 function from 0x10 to 0x11A4 but my result is different: for GameData01.dat (the files i uploaded in the 1st post) it is C20D9F8D insted of the correct 68C069EF... is it a standard CRC32 calculation ?
I found another checksum, probably the same, in Nintendo Land and in Captain Toad but without the correct CRC32 function i cannot verify.

Last edited by asper,

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think that's a checksum, actually, my imported gear works fine without it generated and they never update it after it's in your inventory
I can only try it on CEMU rn and everytime I manipulate my save, so I was thinking that it was a checksum

Black_Manta_8bit

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, i know this is an ancient topic but i really would like to have some cemu cheats for kirby rainbow curse: in particular unlimited lives and unlimited paint.
Any help please?

Last edited by Black_Manta_8bit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too