Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

MacroKrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm not sure if you understood me correctly.
I was talking about configuring the DNS in the Wii wifi settings so that I could input the public test servers' IP:

1. Go to the Wii/Wii U Internet settings and choose the connection you're using.
2. Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No".
3. Insert ##.###.#.###into Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.

*edit*
Found the way to do it.
It was possible once I downloaded the wii menu system as described here:

Or on the dolphin website.

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://github.com/mm201/GamestatsBase

Maybe this will be useful to someone. I've migrated my gamestats server logic from the GTS out into an external library. Making new gamestats servers on ASP.Net is extremely trivial with this.

I'm undecided how to license it but leaning towards MPL. For now, please ask before you use it.

EGY-SuperOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Thanks for reply

I’m new to the Wii system, I got it few month ago used and modded 4.3E,
It had USB Loader GX So I was running backups from USBusing USB Loader GX,
I only updated the USB Loader GX and cIOS When I got it.

I saw the tutorial and tried to follow it :D
I changed the DNS and the connection test was succeed,
I did step 5 but in step 6 insert the game, they mean insert a disk not USB right ?
Anyway there is Ocarina Code step and they mention USB loader,
I found out I must put the Ocarina Code txt file in txtcodes folder,
I wasn’t sure do I need to put on SD Card or USB so I put it on both lol,
And I wasn’t sure again do I need to rename the txt file to Game ID ?
So I add two txt file wii-nossl-ocarina.txt and SJBE52.txt (GoldenEye 007 Video game) It should be supported,
I didn’t know what to do exactly after that, So I just run the USB Loader GX and I found there is option for Ocarina Code when I select a Game then options/settings, I found one code and I turned it on and entered the game but there was no connection Inside the game, So what should I do exactly ?

Thanks

MacroKrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
First off, they moved to a new server, which you can read about in the ds thread in this post: #824
Second, if you are using a usb loader, you wouldn't need to use a disk. Only a few homebrew apps still need those (f.e. savegame installer 2.0), but they are obsolete.
So in the part where you would insert the game, load it from the usb loader.
Also it sounds like you handled yourself pretty well with the ocarina codes. If you're still having problems, they have an alternate method in the altwfc tutorial, without ocarina codes, it might work better, I dunno.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As in other words, the data doesn't exist on their server?

Anyway... Is there anyway similair (to what Wiimmfi uses) of getting the data on the server without needing to the save and start again?

Nuntius

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Greetings!
I've recently acquired a DS Lite and was eager to play the Pokemon games with some friends over wi-fi. I've followed the tutorial on the wiki page, and created a new connection using my home's wi-fi. For that, I patched the rom with the provided program, loaded it into my R4 card, started the game, went to the wfc settings (from the pokemon diamond menu, not from the system settings), erased the WFC configuration data, created a new connection, specified DNS and, then searched for my home's wi-fi.

Yet, when i try to "Test Connection" the following error message appears: "Error 23404 - Either Nintendo Wi-Fi connection is experiencing high traffic volumes or the service is down. Please try again." Is there anything else I should be doing? (in my router settings, for example).

In case it is somehow useful, I get a different error (20100 - Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi) if I try to use the "default" settings.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just did some research into my enquiry about using Dolphin Emulator with the Wiimmfi Server and you'll have to read this:
Wiimm said:
The Dolphin dilemma
Banning could be sooo easy: every player and his Wii console have a unique identifier. But there is Dolphin!

Many players use Dolphin without knowing what they are doing. Every player who uses Dolphin has the same identifier, so that's not unique as it should be. When banning one Dolphin cheater, we automatically ban all other Dolphin players aswell. So if I had to make a decision whether to allow cheaters on Wiimmfi or to ban all Dolphin users, I'd go for the second option. Also because Dolphin has another huge flaw: it's slow.

Almost all Dolphin users have huge online delay. You don't see that while racing, but we can see that using mkw-ana. At the end of a race, the delay is often at up to 30 seconds! The player looks like he would be driving just normal, but at the end of a race every player sends his own race time to the others and that delay causes the results to be screwed up just like a timer hack would do. This way, the player ends up being in a better place than he actually raced. You could say that using Dolphin is like using an uninteded timer hack. And I personally consider delays of more than one second to be unfair.

So Dolphin causes a lot of trouble, sometimes because people are using it wrong. So am I not allowed to ban cheaters if they use Dolphin, just because many other legit players use Dolphin aswell? Another dilemma.

Source: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/index.php/Thread/51720-About-banning/

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a problem, but if I recall correctly, you can change the identifier (but it has been a long time since I played with dolphin). The best way would be to use a dump from your own wii console (or a wii console, if you have a friend that is willing to share their dump with you). Of course the ones that don't know what they are doing, aren't going to be able to do this. :/ But then again, are they just causing trouble instead of reading up on how to properly use the system?

HHŁŁ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Will you be bringing back some CODs anytime soon? I can't find them on the list of the confirmed games but I hope against hope that you will...

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is is possible to switch from a wireless connection to a wired connection for wii games on wiimmfi and altwfc without getting randomly banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up